PDA

View Full Version : SmurfyGotMojo - Poor seller, possible scammer

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 09:29 PM
First and foremost, big shout out to all you douche bags who came in here for no reason other than to say "Slow your roll", "Calm down it's only been XX days", or "He could've had a family emergency".

I know the stories, I know the excuses, I have common sense. No need for you to regurgitate it, up your post count elsewhere. /yourself

It's idiots like you that prevent threads like these from starting early enough to save other people the trouble of experiencing the same thing. Suggest waiting long enough for a scammer to withdraw all the money and THEN open a claim, genius.

If any of you feel the need to make a comment of not wanting to deal with an "impatient douchebag buyer" like myself, let me know, as I do not want to deal with people who cut off communication as soon as the deal happens.

Here is the original thread where I purchased the sub. I agreed to send $220 to him, he'd ship, and as soon as I received the sub I'd send $100 + 4% fees for the entire amount. I can take screen shots should you guys want them.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332305

Here is his sale thread for his P3's, headunit and whatever else.

Hemi=22s purchased the headunit - no return address, kinda fishy.

ProjectPechkin purchased the subs - still has not received them.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332300&page=2

Right here is where Smurfy claims he was robbed, and the sub was taken down, which makes me think the sub was stolen.

If you lost all your money, you would think you'd sell a $565 sub for what you could get, to help your situation.

What scares me is he used the same pictures in the thread I purchased it in, so he still had the picture even if the sub was stolen.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301512&page=6

This thread, along with E-Bay style bid taking, coupled with him wanting Western Union money orders for a computer priced waaaaay under E-Bay prices throws up a red flag.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324084

He claimed he was unsure when he could ship it, as the alternator in his Eldorado went bad on him. He took the bus to ship Hemi's head unit, but was unsure if the bus would allow him to bring a package as big as the 9512 on the bus.

Strange thing is, he claims to own a 2005 STI (as well as being a member of a Subaru board), and also a Dodge Ram.

I need to find the thread where he claims to own the Ram again...

Eldorado - http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324088
STI - http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4391239&postcount=7

Smurfy has 4 different screen names on AIM, and I've attempted to make contact with him several times, only to be ignored.

I also believe I found a post claiming he was shipping the sub out a month ago - I need to find that again as well.

Edit: I forgot to mention, should this all be a big coincidence, I will happily admit I was wrong. I sincerely hope I am, but I doubt it.

CrispedUp
08-06-2008, 09:32 PM
good luck

NewAgeKing
08-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Here we go..

PsychoTheRapist
08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Here's his Myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=48980004

But he hasn't logged on since June 8th..

01 S 10
08-06-2008, 09:41 PM
very shady person, Im glad i dont plan on buying much stuff on here now that i have almost everything i need for my system. all this scamming is bull fvckin sh*t.

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Here's his Myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=48980004

But he hasn't logged on since June 8th..

Thanks Matt, I don't know if it's because I don't have an account, but I can never find anything I'm looking for on Myspace.

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 09:45 PM
very shady person, Im glad i dont plan on buying much stuff on here now that i have almost everything i need for my system. all this scamming is bull fvckin sh*t.

Yeah, it's really sad. Right after I gave in and got verified, no cc charge back this time. :(

Serves me right though, should've done my homework.

bornintothis
08-06-2008, 10:00 PM
no thats how you make a case (i am taking notes)

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
no thats how you make a case (i am taking notes)

Note the title. ;)

hemi=22s
08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
i paid him for radio before he shipped just to get things straight on our transaction. He was slightly delayed in shipping due to car issues but only 4-6 days later than he said and he did keep in touch

bornintothis
08-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Note the title. ;)

done

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 10:09 PM
i paid him for radio before he shipped just to get things straight on our transaction. He was slightly delayed in shipping due to car issues but only 4-6 days later than he said and he did keep in touch

Thanks for pointing that out, I was talking with Korn4Life and he tried to get Smurfy to ship first, must've confused the two. Fixed.

hemi=22s
08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, I was talking with Korn4Life and he tried to get Smurfy to ship first, must've confused the two. Fixed.

no prob man, just keepin the story straight, hopefully he comes thru for u too and he just has crappy communication skills

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 10:13 PM
no prob man, just keepin the story straight, hopefully he comes thru for u too and he just has crappy communication skills

Hopefully, communication IMO is the most important thing when doing transactions on here.

hemi=22s
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Hopefully, communication IMO is the most important thing when doing transactions on here.

i agree 100% man someones got ur money thats reassurance even if they delay ay some u still got contact

did u pay with cc thru paypal??

i just filed fraud charges on someone on here thru the cc company they are gonna be ****ed

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
i agree 100% man someones got ur money thats reassurance even if they delay ay some u still got contact

did u pay with cc thru paypal??

i just filed fraud charges on someone on here thru the cc company they are gonna be ****ed

Unfortunately not - I had hit my $2000 unverified sending limit, and reluctantly verified myself.

So, on my first non-cc transaction, I got screwed. But like I said, it was my own fault for not researching the guy and trusting my gut that this would happen.

Rest assurred if the claim doesn't go through the way I want it to, I will do everything short of wasting more money to get my money back, or at least a little satisfaction out of the situation.

hemi=22s
08-06-2008, 10:24 PM
look at ur banks policy for fraudulent purchases they might be able to refund your money just a thought, i always use my bank credit card now after the **** with type r bass scamming me (partially)

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 10:27 PM
look at ur banks policy for fraudulent purchases they might be able to refund your money just a thought, i always use my bank credit card now after the **** with type r bass scamming me (partially)

Bank credit card? Are you able to use a credit card after you're verified? Was I just unable to use another funding source because I had a balance in my paypal account?

hemi=22s
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Bank credit card? Are you able to use a credit card after you're verified? Was I just unable to use another funding source because I had a balance in my paypal account?

yes u can always use a credit card u just change payment method on the payment screen

even if u have money in pp u can pay with cc 1st, just it uses that money first on default

Lingerfelt
08-06-2008, 10:31 PM
yes u can always use a credit card u just change payment method on the payment screen

even if u have money in pp u can pay with cc 1st, just it uses that money first on default

:crap:

I look around the payment screen for the change payment method option, now I feel like even more of a failure. Wow.

mihklo
08-07-2008, 08:10 AM
***** for you. and i have been there before. i just lost 45 bucks ( i know not nearly as much as you, just the point) because i used money that was in my account. i usually transfer all the money out of my account and then change my payment method to CC. the one time i dont and this happens. hope all works out well for you and you get your money back!

Lingerfelt
08-07-2008, 11:34 PM
***** for you. and i have been there before. i just lost 45 bucks ( i know not nearly as much as you, just the point) because i used money that was in my account. i usually transfer all the money out of my account and then change my payment method to CC. the one time i dont and this happens. hope all works out well for you and you get your money back!

Thanks, hope your situation works out as well (assuming it's not already lost).

hemi=22s
08-07-2008, 11:46 PM
here is what seems to be his addy off the box the stereo came in no return addy BUT
there was a label on the side the ship compsny put on

i didnt see it til i was throwing the box out today
hope this helps u and the other guy waitin on stuff

J Pauk
5229 N sumac circle
fayetteville (sp ?), NC 28304

hemi=22s
08-07-2008, 11:47 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?state=NC&address=5229+N+Sumac+Circle&zipcode=28304

Lingerfelt
08-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Thanks a lot Hemi, hopefully I don't need to use it, but like I said, I plan to take it as far as I can go if this ends negatively.

If anyone has any info/advice about exactly how to handle this kind of situation, I'd be glad to hear it.

mihklo
08-08-2008, 09:28 AM
fayetteville huh? thats a big military town. wonder if you can find out if he is in the military? find that out and then contact his supervision, i am sure they wouldnt look too kindly upon this.

hemi=22s
08-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks a lot Hemi, hopefully I don't need to use it, but like I said, I plan to take it as far as I can go if this ends negatively.

If anyone has any info/advice about exactly how to handle this kind of situation, I'd be glad to hear it.

no prob man, cant believe i missed almost threw it away:crazy:

Korn4Life
08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
He brags that he is a felon... So call up the local police and see if he has a record or maybe he is even on probation or something

Lingerfelt
08-08-2008, 10:58 PM
fayetteville huh? thats a big military town. wonder if you can find out if he is in the military? find that out and then contact his supervision, i am sure they wouldnt look too kindly upon this.

That would be splendid, he did mention in one of his threads while bumping it that "today is pay day for you military people".

He brags that he is a felon... So call up the local police and see if he has a record or maybe he is even on probation or something

That would be even better. My sister got into some big **** over threatening a kid she met on the internet, and the kid's local police called my local police, and they ended up dragging her out of school.

So I guess I'll start at my local police station.

That is, unless by some miracle, I receive the sub soon or the claim goes through. After hearing my buddy's 3512's he picked up yesterday... I need a DD.

ssackett
08-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Any updates??

Lingerfelt
08-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Any updates??

Still no response on here, on paypal, on AIM, anywhere. :(

Korn4Life
08-12-2008, 11:42 PM
What a piece of crap.... I hope he gets locked up for this crap...

Korn4Life
08-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Any updates?

Lingerfelt
08-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Claim went thru, no refund.

Now I'm going to file a claim with the IC3 and whatever other organizations I can go through, and hope my info on him isn't false.

Korn4Life
08-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow.. That ***** man... Paypal FTL

hemi=22s
08-25-2008, 10:33 PM
that does **** he was so good wit me guess its hit or miss man goodluck will paypal

i just filed a loss claim with paypal against r/t pimp (eric)
now i gotta file fraud charges against him over the memphis transaction with my credit card which ***** but in my eyes he is as much of a scammer as memphis flex

gotdatwang
08-25-2008, 11:52 PM
look what i found some fishy
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341836

gotdatwang
08-25-2008, 11:55 PM
PostsTotal Posts: 3 (3 posts per day)
Find all posts by reaction7281
Find all threads started by reaction7281

gotdatwang
08-26-2008, 12:21 AM
also linger get at me and we will get you some new dd atuff and get a warranty...Oh yeah and actually get the product you buy..

Lingerfelt
08-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the support guys, and good luck Hemi.

GotDatWang, I thought that was fishy as well when I first saw it. I'll definitely shoot you a pm once I bounce back, I have my heart set on a 95, but I have my TC9's coming in that I'm going to play with for a little while.

HawaiianBassHed
08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I believe smurfy was selling his DD or imaginary DD on soundpressure also... for some odd reason my internet is acting up and can only access this site and a couple others :( I'll look later if internet stops messin up... and anyone can put C/F cap on a sub... I don't trust him... no pix w/user name, his post count is so low his only hope is a local sale and if anyone is stupid enough to have it shipped... well, lets just hope he's honest as he claims...