PDA

View Full Version : need some install suggestions...

Tek
06-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Well I'm gettin ready for my first major sub/amp install. I have no idea where to mount the amp. And how should I make sure the box doesn't move around? Theres these supports on the back of the rear seat that I think im going to chain the box to or something.

its a 93 olds cutlass btw

MikeofTulsa
06-15-2003, 05:50 PM
get some L brackets to mount your box to your trunk...that way it wont slide around...mount your amp wherever it will fit and have plenty of circulation.....

Tek
06-15-2003, 08:54 PM
where ever i have plenty of circulation...see i dont know what to mount it to. my seats dont fold down. I could mount it to a piece of mdf and carpet it but then how do i keep the piece of mdf from sliding?

MikeofTulsa
06-15-2003, 09:16 PM
same w/ the box....L brackets or something to the like...there are many diff. types of fasteners out there.....jus go to home depot or something and look around and ask them if they know what would work best for that situation...

maylar
06-16-2003, 09:57 AM
If you have room on the side, you can mount the amp to a plywood board, carpet it, and stand it up on edge near the fender. Mine is secured to the trunk floor with L brackets and to the trunk support with one lag bolt...

http://pages.cthome.net/davecullen/amprack_installed.JPG