PDA

View Full Version : I am having trouble with enclosure volume, please help.

godspeed12volt
07-31-2008, 11:58 PM
I want to make a sealed enclosure for my Pyle PLW12DREN 12" sub. I have tried to follow the Car Stereo Cookbooks method for calculting volume and I come up with about 2 cubic feet. I think I have made some sort of mistake as this seems much too large.

Here are my parameters:

Fs 28Hz
Qms 5.6
Qts .75
Qes .78

Any help would be very much appreciated!

NissanKicker
08-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Why don't you just go to Pyle's website and search for the recommended specs. for your particular enclosure?

It's most likely gonna be around 1cuft - 2.3cuft for sealed

NissanKicker
08-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Why don't you just go to Pyle's website and search for the recommended specs. for your particular enclosure?

It's most likely gonna be around 1cuft - 2.3cuft

bigbirney420
08-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Easy on the double posts Noober. 1.3-1.5 is perfect for that sub, you can always add some fiberfill to adjust as well

godspeed12volt
08-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Thank you bigbirney420, I appreciate that. Pyle is known for being vague with theile small parameters and specs in general. They don't recommend a box whatsoever, which is somewhat puzzling. Does anyone have any experience with this sub? What kind of performance can I expect? I got rid of two kicker comp 10s in a kicker ported box due to space issues. I figured that a sealed enclosure with a decent sub would give me back some room in my car. This is the first time I have bought a sub from pyle though.

Techchild
08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Pyle is not very liked since they are of cheap construction, but in the right box with the right amp and tuning I don't see how it couldent sound halfway decent.

godspeed12volt
08-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Techchild thanks for your reply, however I am offended by your lack of character and taste by displaying that garbage. Why not remove that avatar and save people from the ensuing occular assualt. You seem to be promoting a hipocritical group who is known for their violent history. What gives?