PDA

View Full Version : New to CA

Mindjob360
07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
to Start my name is Ken I'm from Reno, Nv, I'm looking to start building my system up and ren accross CA and thought it's be a good sight to bounce ideas off people and get some good advise.

Start:
I have a '99 GMC Yukon 4-door EVERYTHING is stock at the moment. I do have 2 Kicker L7 12" subs w/ 1200watt Kicker 2-channel amp, I believe, in a sealed enclosure I pulled from my old Tahoe 2 door.

Goal:
I love SUV's because of all the room you have for the sound to develop and resonate, I love good clean sound, but I don't want to spend a fortune to get it, I want it to sound good in the truck not shake everybody else's windows out, but at the same time when I go out with friends I want to be able to turn it up and get noticed. I will be building it piece by piece starting with the head unit, I think, as soon as I find one I like. I had a full alpine system in my Tahoe liked it but willing to look at other units what do you guys and gals out there like?

azbass
07-30-2008, 08:58 PM
wat up

BigE
07-30-2008, 08:59 PM
coo

TurdFergueson2
07-30-2008, 09:15 PM
I am partial to Pioneer units but I would like to try the Alpine 9887 or a touch screen DVD unit from either.

The L7s will do ok if you don't want to upgrade those for now. You could also stay with kicker amps, but other companies make amps that are just as good.

You will get a lot of options as far as every speaker in the car. Everyone has their opinions on every aspect of car audio. I like kicker power wire, but another guy may like Welding cable or Knukonceptz wire.

hang around long enough and your system will turn out ok.

Little advice. If you got a Cap (capacitor) don't even mention it here.

Injected54
08-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Welcome to CA.com ken

caligirl2k
08-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Welcome to the site ;)

denim
03-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Welcome to CA.