PDA

View Full Version : Single DIN DVD Head Units

naiku
07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Are there any decent single DIN DVD head units around? I can only find the JVC KD-AVX44, which I like, but at the same time am not so sure about how the touch controls will work when driving, and I have room in my dash for an external screen (but no room for an actual double DIN, not enough space in the back of the dash where a screen will fit), so would have no real use for the 3.5" built into the JVC.

I know there are the Alpine DVA units, but the display on the 9861 looks pretty poor (looks like it will only display 1 line of information) and without the H701 I think it looks pretty limited. Then there is the DVA-9965, which looks great, has all the features I think I would want, yet for some reason still costs a bloody fortune. :furious::greedy:

I want something that has good SQ, TA, EQ etc and if possible dual zone capability to run video to rear monitors.

Any other units like this?

blazeplacid
07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
if you want say time alignment and a good eq its gonna cost some money

almost any touchscreen made by a name brand will give you good response
IE Pioneer,Kennwood,Alpine,Eclipse.

Sometimes Jensens,duals,and brands like that dont do so well with touchscreen

Im not aware ofa single din DVD that will do t/a

Echo42987
07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Avic N4 is really the nicest single din in the market

James Bang
07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
the 9965 might be your best bet. super expensive, though

naiku
07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
the 9965 might be your best bet. super expensive, though

Yeah, the 9965 has all that I want, but like you say, it is super expensive. I am not even sure why it is so expensive.

pologuy
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
How about the Pioneer...?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/AV-Receivers/AVH-P5000DVD

naiku
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
How about the Pioneer...?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/AV-Receivers/AVH-P5000DVD

I don't want a flip out screen, with the screen out it covers most of my HVAC controls which would **** me off constantly.

00RedRT
09-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, the 9965 has all that I want, but like you say, it is super expensive. I am not even sure why it is so expensive.

Because it's now there flagship HU. It's a tuner only so less chance of introducing noise from internal amplifiers. It is/was as close to having the quality of the F#1 HU without the sticker price of the DVI-9990:eek: (you think the 9965 is expensive). It has a built-in HD Radio tuner as well.

It's definitely a fine piece of equipment!:D