PDA

View Full Version : Airspace question....

ricoshay
07-29-2008, 05:31 PM
If i build an enclosure for 3 subs and use dividers with large holes in them, will it be the same as the subs sharing airspace....im building a fiberglass enclosure and i will be using the dividers for shaping the contours....

also, would that have an effect on tuning?

and

does the port direction matter?

thanks

Rashaddd
07-29-2008, 05:34 PM
if the dividers truly allow air to pass very freely between each chamber then yes its basically the same as being in a single space, tuning will pretty much only be affected by the difference in total volume due to the displacement of the dividers, and yes port direction matters

ricoshay
07-29-2008, 05:39 PM
thanks for the answer to all i asked!...

so which port direction is best for a wedge-shaped enclosure?

(front, back, or top)...these will be round ports

FurbiesAndBeans
07-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Anywhere, just make sure its firing to where you want it to fire. In a trunk prob towards the cabin. In a hatchback, towards the back. Not sure on a truck

bones22
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Anywhere, just make sure its firing to where you want it to fire. In a trunk prob towards the cabin. In a hatchback, towards the back. Not sure on a truck

you can do that but doesnt always help

what kind of vehicle?

ricoshay
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
you can do that but doesnt always help

what kind of vehicle?

an SUV...Nissan Armada

helotaxi
07-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Unless its a big enclosure that will fill up most of the back, it shouldn't matter a whole lot in that vehicle. You aren't trying to get every last 10th on the meter or you wouldn't be doing fiberglass, so whatever works for your design should be fine.

ricoshay
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
ok thanks...now back to work...pics coming soon!