PDA

View Full Version : Ported box for Alpine Type R 10?

truebluestang
06-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I am looking to build a box for my type r 10. It is currently in a sealed box with .85 cubes. I looked all over Alpines site and could not find specific plans for a tube or slot ported box. I listen to all types of music but mostly Alternative and Techno. The current box sounds pretty good I just want to get a little more out of it. I have 300 rms going to the sub if that helps.

evo2k3
06-14-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
I am looking to build a box for my type r 10. It is currently in a sealed box with .85 cubes. I looked all over Alpines site and could not find specific plans for a tube or slot ported box. I listen to all types of music but mostly Alternative and Techno. The current box sounds pretty good I just want to get a little more out of it. I have 300 rms going to the sub if that helps.

most people here will tell you not to port type r's...however, it you want to, you dont need a design, just decide on a volume (bigger than what you have now, generally as big as your willing to go) and port it somewhere between 28 and 35 hz and your set, once you have a volume, lots of people on here can help you calculate port length and size need to avoid port noise.

goofballer
06-15-2003, 10:38 PM
What's wrong with porting Type R's? I have 2 12" in a ported box and it sounds amazing. It's custom fit to the subs so it's perfect.