PDA

View Full Version : Several questions

HeadCase
07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
So i will shortly start purchasing crap for my next build, but first i have a few questions. All of the questions pertain to my 1997 extended cab chevy.

1. What configuration should i use for my enclosure? That is, port forward subs up, port up subs forward, etc etc. I won't really have the funds or time to try different setups so i was hoping someone would have some experience with this already.

2. The back seat is already out and i plan on building a false floor/shelf type thing to even out the uneven floor. Can i get by with just spraying in expanding foam between the floor and the bottom of the false floor to sound deaden or will i still need to put damplifier in?

3. Do batteries designed for mobile audio need to be vented in some way? That is, would i be able to put 2 kinetics in a water tight bed box?

HeadCase
07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Any suggestions?

9seconlives
07-29-2008, 01:04 AM
The kinetics you mention will be fine in or out of the cab and as far as the system...i have quite a few friends who have simliar systems in their trucks and they run either 2x 12's or 15's facing up with the ports up...just make sure to get the airspace and tunig correct or hell, run a sealed box and put a bada$$ amp on them. i have used the "foam" you mention in trunk lids,door panels, and just as a space fller and in my experience it works great. i'm sure several others might or will tell you the exact opposite but i'm just telling you what little i know.good luck with the build and give em' hell man.

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 01:11 AM
So i will shortly start purchasing crap for my next build, but first i have a few questions. All of the questions pertain to my 1997 ext cab chevy.

1. What configuration should i use for my enclosure? That is, port forward subs up, port up subs forward, etc etc. I won't really have the funds or time to try different setups so i was hoping someone would have some experience with this already.

Most trucks have subs up port up setups. in tight spaces, sub up port on the side.

2. The back seat is already out and i plan on building a false floor/shelf type thing to even out the uneven floor. Can i get by with just spraying in expanding foam between the floor and the bottom of the false floor to sound deaden or will i still need to put damplifier in?

i dont know if foam will act as a sound deadener but i do know its used to make trunks and walls airtight.

3. Do batteries designed for mobile audio need to be vented in some way? That is, would i be able to put 2 kinetics in a water tight bed box

they need to be vented in case of an accident or if they spill, the vapors and chemicals are nasty?

answered ?'s in the quote