PDA

View Full Version : box design needed, have monies

boomzilla
07-26-2008, 09:23 AM
i need a design for a ported box, 1.8 - 2.5 cubic feet, tuned at 30 - 37 hz.

now i say those varied like that because i need you to work with me on what design will fit best in my trunk, because its a ****ing ***** to get any box ive made in there. i will take pics, measurements whatever. even my setup now and previous to show roughly what can fit. its a 2004 cavalier and has the tiniest openeing, but lots of tunk space. and for the port, id like to use a aero port if theyre worth it, if not ill just go with the slot port at 30 hz.

id like the design simple, i dont have lots to spend on the design, i can build it myself. its for a 12'' fi bl running on 1000rms

Rashaddd
07-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Can you just give a desired gross volume and two dimensions you'd like to have?

boomzilla
07-26-2008, 11:54 AM
i wanna shoot for the 2.5, but my trunk opening is about 15 or so inches deep, maybe 35 wide, 12 tall. ill go out in a few to make sure.

NissanKicker
07-26-2008, 05:37 PM
You're box is goin' to have to be about ~17.5" ( 17" )Deep - You might be able to make it 33"L ( 35"L w/ some bending of metal & Kicking & Push & Pulling... then rebending back ). Height is gonna be like 13" Though. ( maybe 12 )

Sub will be mounted on the top
... Port firing towards the trunk.

boomzilla
07-28-2008, 09:03 AM
bumppp i need a freggin box design, everyones telling me some dimensions, i need an actual drawing so i can actually build it

9seconlives
07-29-2008, 01:17 AM
bumppp i need a freggin box design, everyones telling me some dimensions, i need an actual drawing so i can actually build it

D@mn dude, if you have the numbers then just jot it down on a piece of paper and you should be able to go from there right? or am i looking at this all wrong.... you asked for help and then b%tch about the help you get!!!! glad i didn't send dimensions the other day when i first ran across this thread ya ungrateful ingrate!! :thumbsdo:

Pantani
07-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Don't your rear seats fold down? If so, you could go in through the doors and into the trunk that way. That should give you a little more room to work with.

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 11:39 AM
D@mn dude, if you have the numbers then just jot it down on a piece of paper and you should be able to go from there right? or am i looking at this all wrong.... you asked for help and then b%tch about the help you get!!!! glad i didn't send dimensions the other day when i first ran across this thread ya ungrateful ingrate!! :thumbsdo:

hey **** my ****ing ****, i asked for a design, not numbers, im not a ****ing genuis as alot of you assholes think you are, so i set the record straight explaining i cant have just numbers i need an actual design. im sick of you pricks on here never giving help, just being assholes. you want a noob free forum stop being an *** and actually help.

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Don't your rear seats fold down? If so, you could go in through the doors and into the trunk that way. That should give you a little more room to work with.

they fold down, but it has a wierd arch at the top, so if i make a tall box it has to be skinny to fit all the way through, or be wide and short. its not an easy task at all, otherwise i could just go off numbers ive been given. but since my openings are close to **** to fit anything through, i needed an actual design from someone who has a cavalier, and that person is working with me right now, so it looks like it may work out.

9seconlives
07-29-2008, 02:22 PM
hey **** my ****ing ****, i asked for a design, not numbers, im not a ****ing genuis as alot of you assholes think you are, so i set the record straight explaining i cant have just numbers i need an actual design. im sick of you pricks on here never giving help, just being assholes. you want a noob free forum stop being an *** and actually help.

This is VERY obvious but maybe you should post pics or..........have you actually crawled your lazy a$$ into the trunk with the numbers given and a tape measure and see what you have to work with or is that too d@mn complicated for you? you sound like the type of prick that should just take your car to best buy,or a high dollar audio shop and let them build you a box so you'll get the fukin you so rightfully deserve. i don't know why people are even still trying to suggest sh)t to you anymore bro....you're not happy with the help you've recieved and it kinda shows that you have no interest or initiative to do anything yourself. i actually "thought" abut trying to come up with something for you BUT i think i'll pass and hope your box falls the *** apart you prik!!!!!! oh..and best of luck buddy! god help us all if you need any help wiring....or do you have that down and know exactly what you want but have no idea where to start or how to get there? ya jacka$$!!!!!:D

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
you know if you read my ****ing first post anyways you would know by what i said that I REALLY NEED A BOX DESIGN because NO I DONT KNOW how to design it myself. ive gone in my trunk before and have done measurements, built the box, and it didnt fit, so yeah, im dumb as **** when it comes to that ****, hence the title of my thread, BOX DESIGN NEEDED, HAVE MONIES... meaning i need a design, and ill pay you for it cause i dont feel like doing it all over again unless i know for sure it will fit. As far as wiring goes you peice of ****, I can do that myself. i do have interest in doing this myself, its just theres ****** asses like you that really ****ing **** me off, instead of understanding im frustrated, i dont know much about box building and whatnot, and help instead of you being a ****ing *******. so im gonna respond in the same manner. Seriously, go the **** away, if you dont wanna help, and hope my system goes to ****, kick rocks you mother****er cuz i dont give a ****. im done with ca.com and some of the dickheads like you.

9seconlives
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
you know if you read my ****ing first post anyways you would know by what i said that I REALLY NEED A BOX DESIGN because NO I DONT KNOW how to design it myself. ive gone in my trunk before and have done measurements, built the box, and it didnt fit, so yeah, im dumb as **** when it comes to that ****, hence the title of my thread, BOX DESIGN NEEDED, HAVE MONIES... meaning i need a design, and ill pay you for it cause i dont feel like doing it all over again unless i know for sure it will fit. As far as wiring goes you peice of ****, I can do that myself. i do have interest in doing this myself, its just theres ****** asses like you that really ****ing **** me off, instead of understanding im frustrated, i dont know much about box building and whatnot, and help instead of you being a ****ing *******. so im gonna respond in the same manner. Seriously, go the **** away, if you dont wanna help, and hope my system goes to ****, kick rocks you mother****er cuz i dont give a ****. im done with ca.com and some of the dickheads like you.

Alright already bro......if you can send me a pick of your trunk and give me the max and min amount of space you'd like to have left after installing the box then we can get you set up, i apologize for my hasty assumption of you and should've held off on some of my comments. i will go back and check the posts to get the dimensions given and if you send me your email addy then i will try and get a design drawn up for you by tonight man. i do not know everything and never will so i'll check my attitude and help as much as possible. shoot me the info and i will pm you my email. again i DO NOT hope your systms falls apart or goes up in flames...i DO however like the "kick rocks muther f%cker" that's pretty good.:D

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
its all good man, like i said in the pm, im not a genuis here, i also need help with alot of things, including boxes. i should have explained that situation a bit more, but hey i learned my lesson on that. anyways, like i said Unrated on here drew up a sketch, ill pm it to you, and we can go from there to see how this can work. he owns a cavy so the final demensions should fit snugly through my trunk opening.

Techchild
07-29-2008, 07:02 PM
What is the cutout size on this sub?

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 07:10 PM
its for an 12'' fi bl, so i think its around 11.75, but i have a template that came with a 12 inch sub and it works out fine.

GAM3OVR
07-29-2008, 07:18 PM

x2.

What a prick

you're a dipshiet and I back up 9seconlives 100%
feg.
I don't think anyone should help you, the only thnig we should do is take a 12 guage twin barrel to your face and squeeze the trigger you a$$hole.
If you don't like the help you get, GTFO!
and stop terrorising people who know way more about caraudio then you ever will

Ignore this dipshiet 9seconlives, he's not even worth it.

Techchild
07-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Alright hows this.
Internal volume before port and sub displacment is roughly 2.5 cubic feet
Port would be around 20.8" for a 34 hz tuning :) I just used your basic measurments and don't really know the depth of that sub.

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8223/boomzillaboxcopyat5.jpg

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 07:56 PM
x2.

What a prick

you're a dipshiet and I back up 9seconlives 100%
feg.
I don't think anyone should help you, the only thnig we should do is take a 12 guage twin barrel to your face and squeeze the trigger you a$$hole.
If you don't like the help you get, GTFO!
and stop terrorising people who know way more about caraudio then you ever will

Ignore this dipshiet 9seconlives, he's not even worth it.

alright im gonna be nice to you and not say what i want to.
me and 9seconds got over that ****, i explained more on my situation as did he also. so please, you werent part of this, and shouldnt be. so just stop, and leave if you dont have **** to do with it.

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Alright hows this.
Internal volume before port and sub displacment is roughly 2.5 cubic feet
Port would be around 20.8" for a 34 hz tuning :) I just used your basic measurments and don't really know the depth of that sub.

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8223/boomzillaboxcopyat5.jpg

it looks like it may fit, its not that tall, so it might slide right in at an angle. i wanted to try out aero ports though so i can save some time on building.

Unrated drew me up a sketch, but i havnt gotten exact dimensions yet, he has a cavalier so im sure he knows what can fit and what wont. but what i can do is try to make a template out of cardboard pieces and see which design will fit the best,
but like i said i really want to try the aero ports. thanks tech

Techchild
07-29-2008, 08:01 PM
it looks like it may fit, its not that tall, so it might slide right in at an angle. i wanted to try out aero ports though so i can save some time on building.

Unrated drew me up a sketch, but i havnt gotten exact dimensions yet, he has a cavalier so im sure he knows what can fit and what wont. but what i can do is try to make a template out of cardboard pieces and see which design will fit the best,
but like i said i really want to try the aero ports. thanks tech

No problem it's only my secound box design and didn't really feel like trying to learn aero ports at that time.

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
its a pretty good design, i wish i had the extra money to build different boxes and test them, but then id be stuck with em cuz shipping would be crazy.

Techchild
07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
its a pretty good design, i wish i had the extra money to build different boxes and test them, but then id be stuck with em cuz shipping would be crazy.

Just go to ups and buy a bunch of cardboard :)

boomzilla
07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
ive got alot of extra boxes in the garage from moving in, so i think i should have enough.