PDA

View Full Version : eclipse 8443 users please

tc3k101
07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
is this deck all that good?
i picked one up literally last night.

was wondering ur inputs on it, i will be installing it next weekend in my stang and wondering worth the install?

pros and cons please

Innovative:Cory
07-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Very very good head unit, loading mech's can be quirky...and if you ever disconnect battery, even if you didn't setup the esn, it can and will lock up....mine used to all of the time, that is why I eventually got rid of it,

If I didn't need a 4-way capable radio I would still own one of these headunits....

excellent parametric eq, great time alignment, great crossovers, very very good strong pre-out voltage...

sub preouts are also prone to have a little noise....

tc3k101
07-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Very very good head unit, loading mech's can be quirky...and if you ever disconnect battery, even if you didn't setup the esn, it can and will lock up....mine used to all of the time, that is why I eventually got rid of it,

If I didn't need a 4-way capable radio I would still own one of these headunits....

excellent parametric eq, great time alignment, great crossovers, very very good strong pre-out voltage...

sub preouts are also prone to have a little noise....

lock up as in how? to where i need a cd key to unlock it cause of security features?
and sub outlet giving noise as in alt whine?
well i got a good deal on it and couldnt pass it up.

dcole18
07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
just be wary of your grounding to prevent alt whine... and just set up the Esn before hand so when it does lock up you will have the CD and wont be screwed

tc3k101
07-26-2008, 12:13 AM
just be wary of your grounding to prevent alt whine... and just set up the Esn before hand so when it does lock up you will have the CD and wont be screwed

of course, ill most likely jsut ground my rcas anyways,
wtf is esn?

sorry me not too smart

Innovative:Cory
07-26-2008, 12:18 AM
ESN: Eclipse Security Network...

There is a "hiccup" in the network on these headunits... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU SET UP THE "KEY CD" OR NOT....IT CAN AND WILL LOCK UP. When this does, you will be able to load a cd and it will play, but you will not have any control except for track forward or back...

Like I said...it doesn't matter if you set up the key cd or not, and if you do ...there is no guarantee that the key cd will unlock it either....

The first time my unit locked up I inserted the correct key cd and it would not unlock!!! I had to call Eclipse to get it unlocked.... So be sure you get all the purchase information from the guy you are getting it from....like mother's maiden name, his name, vehicle it was installed in...etc, etc...

The problem I noticed out of the sub output wasn't alt noise...it had a on/off pop in the pre-out....I would swtich the preout and it would go away...

Beat_Dominator
07-26-2008, 12:20 AM
I loved my 8443, was everything advertised and it sounded wonderful.

tc3k101
07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
ESN: Eclipse Security Network...

There is a "hiccup" in the network on these headunits... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU SET UP THE "KEY CD" OR NOT....IT CAN AND WILL LOCK UP. When this does, you will be able to load a cd and it will play, but you will not have any control except for track forward or back...

Like I said...it doesn't matter if you set up the key cd or not, and if you do ...there is no guarantee that the key cd will unlock it either....

The first time my unit locked up I inserted the correct key cd and it would not unlock!!! I had to call Eclipse to get it unlocked.... So be sure you get all the purchase information from the guy you are getting it from....like mother's maiden name, his name, vehicle it was installed in...etc, etc...

The problem I noticed out of the sub output wasn't alt noise...it had a on/off pop in the pre-out....I would swtich the preout and it would go away...

kk well the guy i got it from is a friend, so ill be calling his *** soon :D

thanks man, and i was expeirencing that popping noise on my subs in my work van but i tool them out. my ground was good too.