PDA

View Full Version : splchoice - wheres my money?

Naledge503
07-25-2008, 05:41 PM
First let me say I know that many of you have had great transactions with Jimmy, this is the whole reason that I did business with him. I did not want to bring this to the forum but I've waited and dealt with this for almost 2 months. My patience are gone.

I was doing a search in the classifieds for some AQ sd2.5's. I contacted Jimmy about 4 12" AQ sd2.5's that he had in a for sale thread that was a couple of months old at the time. We agreed on a price of $350 shipped for all 4. The ad mentioned that one of the subs had a crack in the basket by the surround and that it would just need a little jb weld and it would be good. Even with that little problem this deal was GREAT!

Here is the ad that I seen and talked to him about.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300982&highlight=sd2.5

I payed Jimmy on the 2nd of june. He said that they would ship no later than the 4th. I did not receive any tracking info that day so I waited until late that night and emailed him and asked if they had been shipped. I received an email the next day stating that they had been shipped and he would email me the tracking info. Why he didnt just give me the #'s then, I dont know.

I never heard back from him and I emailed him a few times from the 5th until the 9th. I hear back from him on the 9th and he said that he was out of town on vacation. And that the packages had been sent back to him and were on the way back to his house because fedex typed the wrong address.

I asked for the tracking numbers so I could contact fedex and see if they could re-route them. I never hear anything back.

I hear nothing back. So I email him on tuesday the 10th. Just asked for an update. I hear nothing from him. So I email him again on wednesday morning. I stated that I didnt think he was being truthful with me. And basically asked him how he would feel if he were in my shoes. He emails me back later that day, sayin that he wont do business with me ever again, he's never had anyone be so scared that they wont get their stuff and dont trip I'll get my stuff. I'm like WTF! How is this my fault?!?! I email him back and state that I appreciate the deal he gave me and that I am not scared I wouldnt get my subs. But he needs to realize how it looks from my view.

I finally get tracking info on the 11th and now he is using UPS instead of fedex. From the 11th to the 24th of june. He has been on vacation every weekend up to this point and only told me once that he would be out of town. The tracking info never updates and I stay in contact with Jimmy. He says that he called UPS and "something about invalid info". I kept texting him and emailing him trying to get this figured out. During this time he says that he is going to throw in a JVC kd-avx1 for all the problems. I am happy about that to say the least and it eased my mind a little.

So on the 24th the tracking finally updates and says they are in transit. Well after waiting for 3 1/2 weeks to receive the subs I finally get them. When UPS dropped them off and I picked up the first of 4 packages I knew right away that they might be jacked up. The packages were pretty banged up and the balance of the package was shifting.

I open all 4 packages and all 4 are single boxed and packed with CLOTHES. Yes thats right CLOTHES. The subs were not even packed in there tight. There was more than enough room for the subs to move around in. Upon further inspection I see that 3 out of 4 of the subs are broken in multiple places on the baskets around the surround and that even the surrounds had ripped a little.

There is no insurance on the packages cause I "didnt ask for any, otherwise he would have charged more". Ok, then at least package the subs right!!

I propose that I send the subs back and he refunds me. I would be losing out on shipping but I was willing to take that loss. The subs are worthless at this point. And after waiting over 3 week to even receive them I really dont feel like lolly gagging an waiting to see what he is going to do. He says "no refunds bro you know this". He mentions that he can get recones and baskets cheap. Thats great, except I dont know how to do a recone and I'm not about to pay for anything cause of his lack of packaging.

I let him know that I am filing a DISPUTE with PP not a claim, and we can work it out from there. I hear from him this morning and he says,

"Good luck Bro they will ask for proof of shipment which i have and u didnt ask for insirance after all i wantwd to work with you but u wanna screw me goodluck i had ur back and i woilda like to help you out but u refused to show action like i didnt give u what u wantwd sorry i shipped what u ordered sorry they arived like that i wanted to work it out and u refused."

I didnt refuse anything. Just going through the steps.

While I'm waiting to see whats going to happen he contacts me on the 29th and says that he will do the refund and I can send them back if I can wait until "next week". Needless to say, I agree. On the 3rd of july I ask him if he just wants to refund for the 3 that are broken and I keep the 1 good one. This way it would make it a little easier to get the money together.

Well I still have no money as of right now. I emailed him yesterday and havent heard anything back. My patience are gone and I want my money. I understand that sometimes its hard to come up with money. But I was told that "if I could wait until next week" I would get the money. Well its almost 4 weeks later.

Here are pics of the subs when I received them. How they were packed and some of them broken

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage005Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage006Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage008Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage011Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage013Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage014Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage015Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage016Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage034Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage036Custom.jpg

Naledge503
07-25-2008, 05:41 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage038Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage040Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage025Custom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/Damaged%20AQs/AQdamage023Custom.jpg

CRXBMPN
07-25-2008, 05:45 PM
eek, i remember those subs and the hella deal someone was getting... good luck on everything, not a good feeling

peas247
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
WTF is wrong with people

revrider1
07-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Wow, that *****

scissors
07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
bump it.

seller take care of this matter asap.

ace_800
07-25-2008, 05:58 PM
wow, thats all there is to say.....SPL WTF is up with that packing job??? **** 2 months I would have files after a month.

Innovative:Cory
07-25-2008, 06:00 PM
eek...ouch...

ryanj91
07-25-2008, 06:04 PM
**** that blows, seller needs to take care of this soon

Naledge503
07-25-2008, 06:05 PM
wow, thats all there is to say.....SPL WTF is up with that packing job??? **** 2 months I would have files after a month.

I forgot to mention that I did file the claim a few days ago, on the very last day that I had to do so and with about 20 minutes left. I think that was more than generous and patient. Anyway, the claim was denied immediately because it only applies to the shipment of the goods and not the quality of the goods.

This is exactly what PP said,

"Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund."

brtnboarder3241
07-25-2008, 06:09 PM
**** man that *****

although your SOL as long as you received something from the sender paypal wont do ****..

been through this before..your only chance is getting in contact with him..sorry to hear again bro and hope you get it figured out

brtnboarder3241
07-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I forgot to mentio that I did file the claim a few days ago, on the very last day that I had to do so and with about 20 minutes left. I think that was more than generous and patient. Anyway, the claim was denied immediately because it only applies to the shipment of the goods and not the quality of the goods.

This is exactly what PP said,

"Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund."

ahh u posted before i did

i fail

but still exact same thing paypal did to me and there is no way around it

every loophole i found in their contract and *****ed to them over the phone for

they made up some bs excuse as to why i was wrong..

**** PAYPAL

revrider1
07-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Id be pissed

speedfreak28
07-25-2008, 06:17 PM
lame way to do business. shipped in tshirts?? really???

bumpin buick
07-25-2008, 06:18 PM
any of those clothes fit? looks like he gave you a few hundred dollars of clothes out of the deal and a few good motors if nothing else. He was the first person I ever did a transaction with on this forum. I bought two CSXs from him and both came broken due to bad packaging, but he was nice enough to include recones.

Naledge503
07-25-2008, 06:19 PM
**** man that *****

although your SOL as long as you received something from the sender paypal wont do ****..

been through this before..your only chance is getting in contact with him..sorry to hear again bro and hope you get it figured out

I have been in contact with him but all he says is things like, "i'm gathering up the money".

I have been patient and nice so that I wouldnt get screwed. Now all I can do is wait unfortunately. After he offered the refund out of no where after saying he wouldnt do one, I proposed that he just refund me for the 3 that were broke and I would keep the 1 good one. I would be sending the 3 back to him of course and taking the loss on shipping. That took the total refund from $350 to $262.50. I was hoping it would speed up the refund but I was wrong.:(

Naledge503
07-25-2008, 06:22 PM
any of those clothes fit? looks like he gave you a few hundred dollars of clothes out of the deal and a few good motors if nothing else. He was the first person I ever did a transaction with on this forum. I bought two CSXs from him and both came broken due to bad packaging, but he was nice enough to include recones.

lol, no none of the clothes fit me...maybe my teenage daughter but not me.

02parkave
07-25-2008, 06:50 PM
well...thats packed in shirts.

mihklo
07-25-2008, 07:13 PM
the whole insurance thing is BS as well. why would someone not want to insure the stuff they are selling. really it isnt that expensive. did he ask you if you wanted it insured? to me when i quote a price for shipping, insurance is included. if the price doesnt include insurance make sure that they buyer knows that. i dont know anyone that wouldnt pay an extra 5 bucks to ensure that their stuff is insured(not that it would have mattered.....ups would have laughed in your face at the packaging job) the messed up thing as well is that he knows that he is free. he knew nothing would come out of a dispute. what a pos. hopefully this jackass comes to his senses and makes things right.

Louisiana_CRX
07-25-2008, 07:19 PM
to bad the clothes didn't fit...it wouldn't of been quite as much of a loss :(

528hz
07-25-2008, 07:30 PM
**put on do not buy from list and schedule him an appointment for a lobotomy**

alxmlr789
07-25-2008, 07:36 PM
at least you got free clothes.

That could be the oddest packing ive seen.

Naledge503
07-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Still no money. And no contact from Jimmy since the 17th.

tapout
07-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Youve been screwed.

Chargeback an option?

zack39648
07-26-2008, 06:35 PM
UPS covers/insures every package shipped for $100 dollars automatically with ground shipment ... 4 packages = $400 dollars you need to tell him to file a claim or call his local ups and inform them

delvryboy
07-26-2008, 06:47 PM
blah that *****. I wouldn't of done business with him just for the fact that he is one of ronnie's boys.

pioneerpimp
07-26-2008, 06:55 PM
they base the insurance off of the packaging job, and that packaging job is pitiful

DUMPED
07-26-2008, 07:15 PM
holy ghetto...WTF is up with people filling boxes with second hand clothing...lol
pathetic

BassmentJack
07-26-2008, 08:23 PM
splchoice always sells a bunch of garbage. The dude must install his **** with hammers and buckknives.
got a amp from him that was 8/10 and that **** was - 8/10...never again.

brtnboarder3241
07-26-2008, 08:25 PM
splchoice always sells a bunch of garbage. The dude must install his **** with hammers and buckknives.

where have i seen you post before.. you look familiar..

SSS 18734
07-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Free Clothes!!! :woot: :coolflas:

x1le
07-26-2008, 08:33 PM
The fact that he hasn't refunded you is pretty ****ed up. An extremely shotty packing job is the reason the subs got damaged. Either that or they were damaged beforehand and he's tryin to pawn it off that it's UPS' fault. By not refunding you, it's like he's not claiming responsibility for the damage.

Naledge503
07-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Youve been screwed.

Chargeback an option?

Unfortunately not.

UPS covers/insures every package shipped for $100 dollars automatically with ground shipment ... 4 packages = $400 dollars you need to tell him to file a claim or call his local ups and inform them

^^What pioneer says below..

they base the insurance off of the packaging job, and that packaging job is pitiful

When was this and what amp?

The fact that he hasn't refunded you is pretty ****ed up. An extremely shotty packing job is the reason the subs got damaged. Either that or they were damaged beforehand and he's tryin to pawn it off that it's UPS' fault. By not refunding you, it's like he's not claiming responsibility for the damage.

Thats how I feel. This is what he had to say at one point in our emails,

"once its shipped not my problem anymore ive shipped subs alot never had a problem the way ups handled them has no reflect on me im sorry im trying to get this all worked out but im not gonna bend *** backwards im losing out too ive had 3 sets of subs shipped to me and they broke perfect packaging and i never received anything back".

x1le
07-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Thats how I feel. This is what he had to say at one point in our emails,

"once its shipped not my problem anymore ive shipped subs alot never had a problem the way ups handled them has no reflect on me im sorry im trying to get this all worked out but im not gonna bend *** backwards im losing out too ive had 3 sets of subs shipped to me and they broke perfect packaging and i never received anything back".

REDICULOUS. If an item is packaged well, it just doesn't get damaged in transit.

NewAgeKing
07-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Good god this guy is total trash :laugh:. Packing your items with CLOTHES?!:crazy: Were they at least clean?:crap:

bigbangtheory
07-27-2008, 12:10 PM
***** OP, hope it gets fixed and soon!

Clothes or not, I would be pissed..........and who da fack packs with clothes? I mean really!

DUMPED
07-27-2008, 12:20 PM
who da fack packs with clothes? I mean really!

losers from Oak Hill

scissors
07-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Good god this guy is total trash :laugh:. Packing your items with CLOTHES?!:crazy: Were they at least clean?:crap:

x2

Naledge503
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Bump for people to see.

Jimmy, MAN UP!

Still no money or contact since the 17th which was the last day for me to file a claim. I think he's been on here but only as a guest. He used to be on here more often before this situation happened. I know he's been logging into his myspace.

Looks like I have 3 sd2.5 motors to sell :(

Speedbump3
08-03-2008, 07:04 PM
what a scum bag

snb778
08-03-2008, 07:24 PM

anybody understand that??

BobbyDD
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
[/B][/SIZE]

anybody understand that??

Yes. He's saying that he got an amp from splchoice that was represented to be in 8 out of 10 condition but in his opinion it turned out to be in negative 8 out of 10 condition instead.:)

Naledge503
08-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Well, still no contact from Jimmy since the 17th. Its pretty obvious he has no intention of refunding me. I'm not sure he had the intention to do so in the first place.

NightDrifter05
08-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I had a similar incident with him last year. He sold me a 18" BTL with what he said was 2 small cracks that could be fixed with a little JB Weld. The box it was shipped in was flawless when it arrived besides a soaked bottom that was about ready to bust out if it weren't for the tape. But needless to say when it got here the sub was useless. When I cut out the re-cone to sale the motor the entire basket fell to pieces. For the price I paid I didn't really mind but still wish I had that sub! Good luck getting some form of compensation. You got a PM about those motors as well!

hazardous0388
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
splchoice = major douche. will never do business with him.

BoxdGM
08-11-2008, 08:08 AM
if that's his idea of perfect packaging no wonder his 3 sets of subs were broken, he needs to read the packing sticky. what a *itch.