PDA

View Full Version : box plans for a 2 12" mags tuned to 36 hz $$$$?

UNDERGROUND_BUM
07-24-2008, 05:34 AM
ok so i need some box plans for 2 12" V3 mags . i will pay money, if you know what your doing and are experienced with mags....... i was thinking of doing a box with about 2.0 sq. ft per sub after displacement (add more volume if you like). and tuned to 36 hz. for a little more output. im not sure how much (or how to determine) port area or port length, thats were you pro box builders come in:D

car: 06 honda civic sedan. ( subs facing towards trunk) not sure which way to point port...... suggestions? if you would like to suggest anything at all about making a box for 2 12" mags or just making a box in general please do. i need all the help i can get and will take your suggestions into account.

and i was thinking a box with the port in the middle between the subs for added support.

i'll try to get my max dimensions tomorrow .

PM me

UNDERGROUND_BUM
07-24-2008, 02:22 PM
$$$$

UNDERGROUND_BUM
07-26-2008, 03:09 PM
bump..... i got some offers to help . but i dont know what specs to give them port length, port area etc, i want to do a independent enclosure meaning port in the middle...... for added bracing.

i know there someone out there with tons of experience with mags.........

NissanKicker
07-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't have any exprience with mags
... BUT! I would tune them to 32hz - they are a big sub. ( capable of hitting lower )

And through my experience in Honda Civics & Accords...
... Port to the side ( Passenger side ) is loudest. ( With the rear seats down )
... Port on the driver side ( firing to the trunk )... with the seats up.
... Port firing into cabin, subs up ( Civic ), Subs in cabin also ( Accord )... for SPL ( seats down )

UNDERGROUND_BUM
07-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I don't have any exprience with mags
... BUT! I would tune them to 32hz - they are a big sub. ( capable of hitting lower )

And through my experience in Honda Civics & Accords...
... Port to the side ( Passenger side ) is loudest. ( With the rear seats down )
... Port on the driver side ( firing to the trunk )... with the seats up.
... Port firing into cabin, subs up ( Civic ), Subs in cabin also ( Accord )... for SPL ( seats down )

thanks for your input :) how would the port do in the middle between the subs?

and if anybody wants some practice making some box plans ; ) my max dimensions are 37.5" W x 14" H x 26" D, if you need to get rid of some volume could you subtract the depth. and i really want my port in the middle so i dont have to add bracing and all that stuff.... i have no idea how much port length or port area would be best..... i was told 19" of port length on a common chamber box and about 48 in^2 port area on a common chamber box.

bonesninja
07-26-2008, 08:03 PM
hit up IonSql or JBL Camry...they do work son

UNDERGROUND_BUM
07-26-2008, 08:07 PM
hit up IonSql or JBL Camry...they do work son

are they familiar with mags? because i dont know the specs i should give them on my port length/port area..........

thanks man

NissanKicker
07-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Since the box it's that long or deep... You don't need any extra bracing.
.... I have a 38 x 24 x 14.5 ... no extra bracing
* Enclosure doesn't flex ... *

Hmm, port down the middle is usually used for SPL... It'll sound REALLY REALLY good with everything facing the cabin.