PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer USB Port Question

caliskier
07-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I have a pioneer DEH P690UB unit. I love to use the usb port to play music off my flash drive, I bought this unit to avoid having an Ipod. The problem is I can't play my flash drive outside of my car. So I am looking into getting one of those USB music players, they are pretty cheep. But I want to make sure I can plug it into my head unit and still play. Will the pioneer read one of those things.

Thanks

GAM3OVR
07-23-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a pioneer DEH P690UB unit. I love to use the usb port to play music off my flash drive, I bought this unit to avoid having an Ipod. The problem is I can't play my flash drive outside of my car. So I am looking into getting one of those USB music players, they are pretty cheep. But I want to make sure I can plug it into my head unit and still play. Will the pioneer read one of those things.

Thanks

WELCOME TO CA.COM

as this is your first post, we will try not be mean to the newbie.

Pioneer USB units will play most USB players but not all.
I know my creative zen works just fine

caliskier
07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
WELCOME TO CA.COM

as this is your first post, we will try not be mean to the newbie.

Pioneer USB units will play most USB players but not all.
I know my creative zen works just fine

Wow, what a fast post, appreciate that. Is there a list of units that work for the pioneer out there? I am thinking of something that looks and works like this one
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NWZB105FBLK-Walkman-Player-Black/dp/B000VAH8O0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1216870958&sr=1-5
Wondering if it can read an mp3 player similar in style to that one. You can't tell from the post but the cover comes off and the usb plug it underneith. Wondering if the Pioneer can read from the device.

Has anyone had any luck with any other mp3 players?

GAM3OVR
07-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Um, I know I played my ziana 20gig harddrive from it. wouldn't play like 20% of the tracks though because tehy were in random folders