PDA

View Full Version : 2001 buick lesabre hu "locked" - HELP!

kowboy
07-22-2008, 07:07 PM
my buddy bought a factory cd player from a junk yard to replace his factory tape deck(lol)... He had it installed, but it was locked. The dealership he called said it would ONLY work in the car it came out of (another '01 lesabre).

Anything we could do to make it work in his? Thx...

bass-aholic
07-22-2008, 07:11 PM
wat? what kind of head unit is it?

HTOWNAL
07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
try cutting all the factory connectors off, and then hardwire the wires together.. you might need to find a diagram online of the wire.

does the power come on and no sound, or it wont even turn on?

kowboy
07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
power is on, but screen constantly reads: LOC

themommyvan
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
only dealer can unlock it. Costs 40 bucks

kowboy
07-22-2008, 11:40 PM
only dealer can unlock it. Costs 40 bucks

Really? Those bastards told us "no way", it can't be unlocked! Have u personally done it? Not that I doubt you, but I see you're south of me (downriver maybe?), and I'd go to the same dealer if necessary...

Lingerfelt
07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
We had that happen to the radio in our work truck... a coworkers buddy managed to get rid of it... I don't know how though.

So, overall, a useless post from me other than letting you know it is possible. :confused:

kowboy
07-22-2008, 11:47 PM
We had that happen to the radio in our work truck... a coworkers buddy managed to get rid of it... I don't know how though.

So, overall, a useless post from me other than letting you know it is possible. :confused:

It's cool, lol! Just knowing it IS possible is a start. Ask your buddy for more info. if u can please. I see you're local too!

kovemaster559
07-22-2008, 11:49 PM
dealership hoemie!

Innovative:Cory
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, 01 LeSabre is built on GM's Class II Databus. The security feature on the radios of any GM vehicle built on this platform reads the vehicles vin# on the databuss wire. So when you are taking a radio out of a different car and trying to use it, it is seeing a different vin # and remains locked. I would imagine a dealer could "flash" the memory of the radio itself, but if they say it can't be done????

TurdFergueson2
07-22-2008, 11:53 PM
tell them your battery died from the car sitting and you don't have the code. Say you read that you have to remove it to get the serial number. give them the number and hope they give you the code. That worked for my beemer radio when that actually happened.

Lingerfelt
07-22-2008, 11:55 PM
It's cool, lol! Just knowing it IS possible is a start. Ask your buddy for more info. if u can please. I see you're local too!

I will if I come across the guy, that coworker left awhile ago, but his buddy (who unlocked it) lives down the street from my work and I see him occassionally.

I'm up at 25 and Van Dyke.

kowboy
07-22-2008, 11:58 PM
I will if I come across the guy, that coworker left awhile ago, but his buddy (who unlocked it) lives down the street from my work and I see him occassionally.

I'm up at 25 and Van Dyke.

25 & van dyke, huh? Baaaallliinnn! LOL! I'm at 16 & mound. Thx for the help mayne.

Lingerfelt
07-23-2008, 12:07 AM
25 & van dyke, huh? Baaaallliinnn! LOL! I'm at 16 & mound. Thx for the help mayne.

Lol, with the parents, so not quite. ;)

Came from 15 and Dodge Park.