PDA

View Full Version : Pre fab boxes

paul83085
06-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, probably going to buy one since you really cant beat the price. And my question is that i just ordered to edk's 10's and im going to wire them in parallel and the box is split into chambers will the subs perform ok if i drill a hole or two inside the box so that i will be able to run the sub's at 2ohms????

mgaidica
06-10-2003, 07:46 PM
just throw some liquid nails on each side, even with the hole it shouldnt mattr but u cant be to safe...

slipknot87420
06-10-2003, 08:37 PM
since it's a 2 chamber box im sure it has 2 terminals why dont you just wire it parallel on the out side of the box using the terminals be lots easier but wont look as good because the wires going to 1 terminal to the next:)

mgaidica
06-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by slipknot87420
since it's a 2 chamber box im sure it has 2 terminals why dont you just wire it parallel on the out side of the box using the terminals be lots easier but wont look as good because the wires going to 1 terminal to the next:)

yeh, not looking good and using a lot of wire (depending on te box) Also, many prefabs are for SVC, so ude need to add another to each side.. unless u did internal/external wiring..