PDA

View Full Version : 99 grand prix box size

gotparts90
07-16-2008, 06:21 PM
i have been measuring my trunk and trying to get what is the max size box i can stuff in it. The main problem is i cant go to wide because the taillight position. I was hoping someone else has built a huge box that barely fit so I could get the dimensions they used so I don't overshoot size wise. thanks in advance to those who could help i got 2 12 inch bls that are being choked right now and need more room to breathe

NissanKicker
07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
This box barely fit ( I built it that the same car )

40" W x 17.5" D x 14" H

.... You're goin' to have to put it in from the top - down ( 2 people )

99grandprixGT
07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
This box barely fit ( I built it that the same car )

40" W x 17.5" D x 14" H

.... You're goin' to have to put it in from the top - down ( 2 people )

i dont know how you got 40 wide in there unless you kept it at the front of the trunk.

i got a 36wide x 15.5 tall x 20 deep in there but let me tell you i had to take out the spare tire, jack, all the carpet, the plastic strip that runs around the edge of the trunk and then bend some of the metal and i had to have my brother push on the front of the box as i was trying to lift from the back seat. it was not easy. im about to build another one but a little shorter. and ill probably have to do the same thing. all in all it took me probably 30 mins to get the **** box in there. lol.

gotparts90
07-16-2008, 10:33 PM
thank you sir i was hard up on how wide i could go because the taillights sticking up. I didn't know how hard it would be to swing in

99grandprixGT
07-16-2008, 10:37 PM
thank you sir i was hard up on how wide i could go because the taillights sticking up. I didn't know how hard it would be to swing in

ya the tail lights definitely did not help.

NissanKicker
07-17-2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah, It didn't go past the wheel wells inside the trunk
... But it was adequet space from the enclosure to the rear of the trunk ( Subs weren't choked ).

99grandprixGT
07-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah, It didn't go past the wheel wells inside the trunk
... But it was adequet space from the enclosure to the rear of the trunk ( Subs weren't choked ).

alright now i see.

operationcougar
07-25-2008, 06:00 PM
ive got a two piece 5.5cft that i built for my mojos in the back of a GP, im not sure what the deminsions are off the top of my head. but what i did is basicly built two boxes that i could fit in there, one was open and the other had a sleave, so i slid them together and sealed it up super tight, worked great

gotparts90
07-25-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks for the help it looks like i may build it in the trunk. I may do subs forward port forward using the box to seal off the trunk. It will be set a little back from the seat and when the skihole is shut there should be plenty of space through th empty rear deck hole for the moofers to breath. I just dont have time right now i gotta dig my yard up to fix the turd pipes. If this idea is retarded please tell me i haven't seen this done like this I would like to know opinions on it.

schrummy
07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
i know that 36wideX15tallX18deep will fit.