PDA

View Full Version : Need help with box question

trunks9_us
07-14-2008, 04:50 PM
OK i got this box made 4 yrs ago for my other car but it was a ported box for 2 12's. It was for 2 pioneer premiere ts-w12prs subs. Now i am not sure what the sub actually calls for on ported box but the is a review & Klippel Data on this sub here http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...newthread&f=24

The box is pretty big Here is the outer dimensions of the box

Height:12.5
Width:36
Length:26

I am using 3/4 mdf wood

Here is the port length

Width: 4.5
Length: 11
Depth: 18

I am trying to figure out for one what this box is tuned at hz wise and also is this box the right box for those subs. I was powering these subs with a phoenix gold xenon 600.1 at that time and they hit really hard. Now heres the thing i only have one of the subs so what i was going to do was use the box in my new car with one of the subs in there powered by a zapco 2.0 (1x400 rms) then put a blown treo ssx in the other sub spot not powered. My main concern is that by not using the other side that the sub working wont be doing its job right . I am not sure which is why i came here for help. If someone could help me out with the box calculations or maybe even give me a box program to use to figure this out on my own I have never used a box program so i would not know what i am doing but i do want to learn.

psych0ticnemes1
07-14-2008, 04:59 PM
If the box was made for two subs, you should not use it for only one. It will be much too large for a single sub. Your best bet is to design and build another box for a single sub.

PM me if you need help with a design or if you want top purchase a design.

Psych0

trunks9_us
07-14-2008, 05:03 PM
If the box was made for two subs, you should not use it for only one. It will be much too large for a single sub. Your best bet is to design and build another box for a single sub.

PM me if you need help with a design or if you want top purchase a design.

Psych0

well i am planning on getting another of the same sub but i am looking for one and do not have the money yet i am wanting to know more or less what this box is tuned at cause i like the way it sounds

NissanKicker
07-15-2008, 04:02 AM
It's tuned to ~31 - 33hz

trunks9_us
07-19-2008, 12:42 PM
It's tuned to ~31 - 33hz

What is good for low deep bass what hz level I am trying to have that good low deep bass and shaking bass.