PDA

View Full Version : Box for Rear Deck, Quick Question.. *Pics*

JoeSmith502
07-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, I have a quick question maybe someone can answer for me. I have a pair of RE XXX 6.5" that I am going to run in my rear deck. I drew up a quick diagram for what I'm wanting to do. What I was planning on doing was just cutting a panel from 3/4" MDF and making it flush with the backseat. Can I run them not enclosed or should I build an enclosure around them? If I do use an enclosure, any idea how big or small it should be? They are going to be used as the rear channel speakers in my 5.1 setup. I also have a RE SE 10" that will be back there as well. I already have it sealed in .7 cubes. Any input, suggestions or constructive critisism is always welcome. Thanks in advance!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/JoeSmith502/BoxIdeaRearDeck.jpg

Rashaddd
07-12-2008, 12:11 PM
so you want to essentially IB them? just make sure they aren't bottoming out. I'm confused about the SE, are you going to have it sealed off in .7 cubes? or thats just what you have right now

JoeSmith502
07-12-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm going to enclose the RE SE 10" with .7 cubes in the rear deck. Should I enclose the 6.5"s also or leave them IB like you said? Thanks!

Perfectionist
07-12-2008, 02:00 PM
you need to enclose the 6.5's otherwise the subs are going to make them bounce around.

Perfectionist
07-12-2008, 02:07 PM
oh and by the way you're definitely married to a hot lady and on top of that she seems to be into your sound so thats something thats hard to find. your install is definitely well thought out and looks near perfect. me I'm pretty much done with wooden enclosure's so i would have used as much of the space building a fiberglass enclosure. one thing you should change though is those kick panels for the doors. make the mdf the length of the door and then trim in that blue carpet you used

Jeremy M
07-12-2008, 08:01 PM
why not box the 6.5's and let the 10" go IB?