PDA

View Full Version : meet the newest members to the family

juniorab
07-11-2008, 11:24 PM
So, I've decided to take a little different approach to my upgrades, mainly because of the deal I got on all this. (I love knowing people in the industry!) I've focused my attention on a stronger 2 channel set up instead of worrying about my home theater setup.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/IMG_0353.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio001.jpg
My new Nordost El Dorado power cord for my copland tube amp.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio004.jpg
single end NBS serpent III interconnects for theater bypass from my preamp

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio007.jpg
XLR balanced NBS serpent III interconnects for CD to preamp.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio008.jpg
new Svetlania tubes for my Copland CTA 505 tube amp.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio012.jpg
B&W HTM7 center channel.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio014.jpg

B&W 805s for my rear fills

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio022.jpg
rotel RSP1098 processor

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio019.jpg
Rotel 1075 five channel amp.(I bought 2 of these so I can by-amp my center and rear fills. The other one isn't here yet though!)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn228/junioralberta/homeaudio009.jpg
Last, but definately not least, my new Classe CP 500 Preamp!

I also have a new set of B&W 804s' coming for my front two channels. I have to wait about a month for those to come though. I set it all up and absolutely love it. The only change I 'm going to make is sell the HTM7 and I have already ordered the HTM3s instead. I didn't really like the soundstage it produced, I only bought it because it was dirt cheap. I am definately one happy camper though!!!

joetama
07-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Nice stuff you have there...

How are you going to configure/setup everything?

juniorab
07-12-2008, 03:43 PM
I thought you of all people would appreciate this setup joe. I'll be running my Krell KAV 280cd as my source unit (until I get my Classe CDP 202:clap:)with balanced connects to my Classe CP 500. From there to my Copland CTA 505 tube amp to my B&W 804s as my two channel set-up. My rotel RSP 1098 will be for movies,T.V., and games by optical inputs. I'm going to try and figure out the theater by-pass in the CP 500 so my 1098 can run through it. I just haven't had a lot of time to play with it all. I'll be bi-amping the HTM3s center and the 805s rear fills with the two 1075 amps. I'm contemplating picking up a set of B&W DS8s dipole surrounds and trying a 7.1 system. But I would want to bi-amp them too, and that means more interconnects and speaker wire and more money! But I can pick up a set of the DS8s for about a $1000, so it isn't that bad. The wiring will kill me though. It may be an addition I can do in a couple of months. I have more than enough upgrades to keep a smile on my face until then.

96civ
07-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Sexyyyy

Atimm693
07-12-2008, 05:50 PM
That looks........ Expensive.

But VERY nice. :D

joetama
07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I would defiantly figure out the HT-Pass through.

I've been doing almost the exact same thing as you but with a Moon P-3 Pre-Amplifier and my RSP-1098.

I looked at the CP-500 and really liked them a lot, but I ventured out of the B&W Group and went to a HT place in Dayton and listened to some Moon & Bryston equipment. A bit different than the Classe & Rotel in sound, but I felt it fit my listening tastes better. But, at this price point most things sound really great!

Enjoy man! I am curious of what price you got the CP-500 for... :fyi:

juniorab
07-12-2008, 08:13 PM
For everything the rotel rsp 1098, the 2 rotel 1075 amps, the classe cp 500, the B&W HTM7, the B&W 804s, the B&W 805s's, the nordost power cord, 2 sets of NBS Serpent III interconnects and the Svetlania tubes, I paid just under $8000. I don't know the individual costs exactly, my friend who is an authorized dealer, came into an incredible deal and asked if I wanted in on it. I really couldn't say no!

WhoSayWho?
07-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I will be in the Alberta area soon, selling home security systems. Tell me, do you currently have any form of home security?

joetama
07-12-2008, 08:39 PM
For everything the rotel rsp 1098, the 2 rotel 1075 amps, the classe cp 500, the B&W HTM7, the B&W 804s, the B&W 805s's, the nordost power cord, 2 sets of NBS Serpent III interconnects and the Svetlania tubes, I paid just under $8000. I don't know the individual costs exactly, my friend who is an authorized dealer, came into an incredible deal and asked if I wanted in on it. I really couldn't say no!

RSP-1098 ~ $3000
RB-1075 ~ $1000 x 2
CP-500 ~ $3500
HTM-7 ~ $850
804S ~ $2,250 x 2
805S ~ $1,400 x 2

Total = $16,650

15% discount = $2,497.50

Grand Total = $14,152.50

Holy **** man you got the hookup!!!

You got beyond the .15 discount 0.56527...

I officially hate you... :fyi:

FI15INCH
07-12-2008, 08:40 PM
lol I thought the title meant newborn twins...

juniorab
07-12-2008, 09:44 PM
RSP-1098 ~ $3000
RB-1075 ~ $1000 x 2
CP-500 ~ $3500
HTM-7 ~ $850
804S ~ $2,250 x 2
805S ~ $1,400 x 2

Total = $16,650

15% discount = $2,497.50

Grand Total = $14,152.50

Holy **** man you got the hookup!!!

You got beyond the .15 discount 0.56527...

I officially hate you... :fyi:

don't forget the NBS interconnects = 750.00 x 2
the nordost power cord = ????
and the Svetlania tubes = $400-$600 approx.:imdama:

Yeah... I fluked out on that deal. I was saving up for my B&W 802d's and Classe CA-M400's, but I just couldn't turn this deal down. I just missed out on picking up a set of 803D's by about an hour!:wallbash: Oh well, I can't complain.

2kchevy06civic
07-12-2008, 09:56 PM
that's a crazy deal. wow......

silvercookie
07-12-2008, 09:57 PM
im sorry but paying 1500 for rca/interconnects is ridiculous.

couldnt you just use like knuconceptz or stinger rca's
honestly it is impossible to hear the difference in sound between 2 different wires.

am i a COCAEDMAD now?

juniorab
07-12-2008, 10:11 PM

honestly it is impossible to hear the difference in sound between 2 different wires.

am i a COCAEDMAD now?

I don't want to start the difference in wire battle again, but once you get into hi-fi audio you actually can tell the difference in cabling. to each there own, this is my vice. Well this and bodybuilding, but that's me.

juniorab
07-12-2008, 10:12 PM

am i a COCAEDMAD now?

BTW what the hell is COCAEDMAD?

squeak9798
07-12-2008, 10:23 PM

joetama's derogatory term for people who are intelligent enough to understand the fact that electronic devices are objective devices that can be measured and performance derived from those measurements, rather than falling under the delusion that there is a level of subjectivity to the performance of something as ludicrously simple as a cable or amplifier and hence said components must include the appropriate amount of sonic pixie-dust.

I think it's Church of Cables and Electronics Don't Make A Difference....or some other similarly retarded and un-witty acronym. Par for the course for 'tama.

I was trying to be polite enough to hold my tongue about the significant wastes of money included in the pictures......

brtnboarder3241
07-12-2008, 10:30 PM
nice stuff

silvercookie
07-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Church of Cables and Electronics Don't Make A Difference.

Basically the people that believe that every amplifier sounds the same. Every receiver sounds the same. Every pre-amplifier sounds the same. Every cable sounds the same. If it meets a specific set of electrical requirements.

I call it a church because they blindly believe it, and try to convert everyone any chance they get. I think people should go out and see if they can hear a difference themselves. If they do hear a difference great for them if they don't well good for them. But, these people don't feel that way. forgot to delete that part my bad.

These people always say the same thing. "ABX Testing proves people can't hear a difference" Well, most audiophile ABX tests are setup to fail because they are conducted by the COCAEDMADs. Plus, the difference are so small most people don't really hear them. Which then they say "oh you are the golden ear person right ". But, if you think about it two people don't hear the same. I don't know two people who see the same.

Anyway, they annoy me. As you can tell.

quoted from joetama in a pm.
only thing that i can honestly not tell the difference in is wire.
but i can def tell the difference between receivers, amps, pre-amps and such,

couldnt you have settled for a set of interconnects that costed maybe 200 ?

joetama
07-12-2008, 10:38 PM
don't forget the NBS interconnects = 750.00 x 2
the nordost power cord = ????
and the Svetlania tubes = $400-$600 approx.:imdama:

Yeah... I fluked out on that deal. I was saving up for my B&W 802d's and Classe CA-M400's, but I just couldn't turn this deal down. I just missed out on picking up a set of 803D's by about an hour!:wallbash: Oh well, I can't complain.

Forgot about the interconnects.

You defiantly can't complain.

am i a COCAEDMAD now?

Maybe, but you aren't a **** about it, so I'm leaning towards no.

I don't want to start the difference in wire battle again, but once you get into hi-fi audio you actually can tell the difference in cabling. to each there own, this is my vice. Well this and bodybuilding, but that's me.

Truth... Either that or you just don't have the ears to hear the difference. But, that is a can of worms.

Church of Cables and Electronics don't make a difference. You know the AB/X people. Like half the yahoos on this site.

joetama's derogatory term for people who are intelligent enough to understand the fact that electronic devices are objective devices that can be measured and performance derived from those measurements, rather than falling under the delusion that there is a level of subjectivity to the performance of something as ludicrously simple as a cable or amplifier and hence said components must include the appropriate amount of sonic pixie-dust.

I think it's Church of Cables and Electronics Don't Make A Difference....or some other similarly retarded and un-witty acronym. Par for the course for 'tama.

I was trying to be polite enough to hold my tongue about the significant wastes of money included in the pictures......

:rolleyes:

Expected COCAEDMAD answer. Admit it you are just jealous. ;)

Say what you want, there are people who hear it and people who don't. I guess you just don't. Sorry.

silvercookie
07-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Forgot about the interconnects.

You defiantly can't complain.

Maybe, but you aren't a **** about it, so I'm leaning towards no.

Truth... Either that or you just don't have the ears to hear the difference. But, that is a can of worms.

Church of Cables and Electronics don't make a difference. You know the AB/X people. Like half the yahoos on this site.

:rolleyes:

Expected COCAEDMAD answer. Admit it you are just jealous. ;)

Say what you want, there are people who hear it and people who don't. I guess you just don't. Sorry.

1. thanks tam's

2. i agree.

joetama
07-12-2008, 10:45 PM
1. thanks tam's

2. i agree.

You are more than welcome snookums... :cuddle:

silvercookie
07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
You are more than welcome snookums... :cuddle:

:confused::confused::confused::(:(:eyebrow:

joetama
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
:confused::confused::confused::(:(:eyebrow:

:laugh:

I'm just messing with you man...

squeak9798
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Admit it you are just jealous. ;)

No.

Say what you want, there are people who hear it and people who don't.

There's also people who've seen aliens, and been aboard the mothership........

silvercookie
07-12-2008, 10:52 PM

I'm just messing with you man...

yo is there any song you would like me to play when i make a small video of my system??

@ squeak.

thats like that fat **** lady on jerry springer who said she was facked by an alien like 275 times and it still comes back every once in a while.

she like acted it out on stage.

squeak9798
07-12-2008, 11:12 PM
thats like that fat **** lady on jerry springer who said she was facked by an alien like 275 times and it still comes back every once in a while.

Well, I think that nixes the idea of intelligent life outside of earth if the alien traveled all this way just to screw a trailer-trash fat chick who's first thought was to tell her story on Sprinter :laugh:

audiolife
07-12-2008, 11:26 PM
man all this time i thought it was the color of the wire jacket that made stuff sound better .......maybe its the shields?? or or for extra black dark jackets on fiber optic cables LOL

silvercookie
07-12-2008, 11:26 PM
springer retard...........................
and stop being a C0CKAEDMAD :):):):):):):)

joetama
07-12-2008, 11:33 PM
yo is there any song you would like me to play when i make a small video of my system??

@ squeak.

We have a few people like that in Hi-Fi... But not all of us go around saying magic dust makes your system sound better. :fyi:

silvercookie
07-12-2008, 11:36 PM
springer retard...........................
and stop being a C0CKAEDMAD :):):):):):):)

^^

joetama
07-12-2008, 11:39 PM
See this is the difference between us who can hear a difference and the COCAEDMAD.

This guy had made a nice thread about his new equipment and now it is on the topic of cables. We don't go into your threads saying "Look at those cheap cables, you are just wasting your money using those cables". See the difference. SO, squeek since you are an mod, and since you have such infallible judgment maybe you should clean up this thread so it is back on topic... :fyi:

squeak9798
07-12-2008, 11:51 PM
SO, squeek since you are an mod, and since you have such infallible judgment maybe you should clean up this thread so it is back on topic... :fyi:

He posted a discussion thread about his new equipment. Members are free to discuss the equipment or other various aspects of his purchase. There's really nothing here to delete.

:fyi: :moon: :fyi:

joetama
07-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I guess it is a issue of interpretation...

Just like other things... ;)

joetama
07-13-2008, 12:04 AM
BTW, if you get brave enough I want to see the insides of that CP-500... :woot:

silvercookie
07-13-2008, 12:06 AM
joe any comments on my technics?
are they even remotely good?

joetama
07-13-2008, 12:09 AM
joe any comments on my technics?
are they even remotely good?

What do you have?

silvercookie
07-13-2008, 12:12 AM
check 2 threads below this
i dont want to jack his thread.

audiolife
07-13-2008, 12:13 AM
noones dogging the "niceness" of equipment or even the cables...just many many many more things that have an effect on the sound that you hear other than cables or your amplifier..i even know guys who spent money on super silver speaker wire...needless to say there are more effective ways to get better sound than spending several thousands of dollars on cables and wire..speakers, speaker enclosures, crossovers, eq and even dry wall have more of an effect than cables

joetama
07-13-2008, 12:19 AM
check 2 threads below this
i dont want to jack his thread.

If they sound good then yea they are good. Audio isn't about other people's perspective, unless it is 'pro' audio, it is about your own.

silvercookie
07-13-2008, 12:20 AM
but in general do you think it is a decent brand?

joetama
07-13-2008, 12:24 AM
but in general do you think it is a decent brand?

For what you paid... Yes indeed...

silvercookie
07-13-2008, 12:25 AM
aight.

im tempted to just buy new woofers for them.

ones with a lil more umph

juniorab
07-13-2008, 03:32 AM
BTW, if you get brave enough I want to see the insides of that CP-500... :woot:

I actually did open it up, but didn't get any pics. Sorry. I'll try and do that in the next week or so. I'm kinda swamped at the moment in life. It was very simplistic inside. It's amazing how something so simply can make such a huge difference to the music. I was running a Rotel RSP 1068 before I got the upgrades. The Classe opened up the soundstage massively. I listened to Dire Straits (gotta love Marks skills!) Private Investigator and Money For Nothin' and they sounded like completely different songs. I'm hoping to buy the CP 700 next year, as it is a totally different beast. The CP 500 is brilliant, but does have it's limits, the CP 700 though is limitless!.

joetama
07-13-2008, 12:27 PM
I actually did open it up, but didn't get any pics. Sorry. I'll try and do that in the next week or so. I'm kinda swamped at the moment in life. It was very simplistic inside. It's amazing how something so simply can make such a huge difference to the music. I was running a Rotel RSP 1068 before I got the upgrades. The Classe opened up the soundstage massively. I listened to Dire Straits (gotta love Marks skills!) Private Investigator and Money For Nothin' and they sounded like completely different songs. I'm hoping to buy the CP 700 next year, as it is a totally different beast. The CP 500 is brilliant, but does have it's limits, the CP 700 though is limitless!.

Simple is the way to go. My P-3 is rather simple and sounds extra nice. One of the keys to making something sound so good is board layout and most of these products have a lot of thought and time invested in that area. Are you using the CP-500 in analog bypass mode or are you running it through the DSP?

Oh and the the CP-700 is just sick man.