PDA

View Full Version : Ported box in a Grand Am

Felix Harsh
06-07-2003, 02:15 PM
I am going to run 2 12's in a ported box. Need opinions on if I should have the subs firing towards the front, or back? Or if I should fire them up?

Also, is it bad to put the port on the back of the box opposite the subs?

mgaidica
06-07-2003, 04:18 PM
the way the box faces differs from person to person.. and install to install. I personally like it facing towards the rear of the car... te port should be on the same side as the subs

Bumpin03
06-08-2003, 04:22 PM
i have a grand am also so my input will hopefully help you. i had 2 12w6v2's facing towards the front for a short period. with the seats up...sounded terrible. when i put the seats down and could see the subs...wow it looked great...but still didnt sound too good. when i faced the subs towards the back....wow they were loud. i still put the back seats down even though there was nothing to see to get the feeling of the air rushing by you. i have never tried facing them up...but i know XDrkManX has 2 XXX's and is facing them up..i actually sent him a PM today asking him about it and how it sounds. If it soudns good i may construct a new box that has my sub firing up. but from what i have experienced so far....firing them towards the back sounds best.

Felix Harsh
06-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Right on, let me know what XDrkManX says!

Bumpin03
06-10-2003, 09:19 PM
he said he has 1 layer of dynamat on his trunk lid....which really shouldnt do THAT much. but he said it sounds good and doesn't rattle. so id say either fire your sub up or towards the back.