PDA

View Full Version : cheap LCDs

lizardskins7
06-07-2003, 12:22 PM
I just recently picked up a cheap $100 screen off of ebay, I didn't expect much of it but I just thought it would be fun to mess around with.
My question is, what are the differences between cheaper screens and nice screens? Is there more of a difference than just picture quality? I'm fairly satisfied with the picture on my cheap screen but I'm just curious if it's going to burn out or stop working soon, anything like that.

Also, I've heard a lot of people mention fahrenheit screens as a good budget LCD, does anyone have a link to somewhere besides ebay where I can find these for sale online?

Thanks

FalconXtreme
06-08-2003, 06:00 PM
www.etronics.com carrey fahrenheit i think

d audio 450
06-08-2003, 06:02 PM
did u get the pyramid 7 incher? i was wondering about that also cuz it doesnt give any specs like viewing angle on the auction- its only a hundred bux and comes wih the headrest bracket...if it doesnt have a real narrow viewing angle i plann on buyin one or two of em in the future- what brand did u get? how is it?
-pat

Brock
06-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by d audio 450
did u get the pyramid 7 incher? i was wondering about that also cuz it doesnt give any specs like viewing angle on the auction- its only a hundred bux and comes wih the headrest bracket...if it doesnt have a real narrow viewing angle i plann on buyin one or two of em in the future- what brand did u get? how is it?
-pat

a friend of mine bought a lecacy 7.2 inch screen and it was by far one of the worst units I have ever seen...another one of my friends bought a pyramid 5.6 inch for his headrest and it was decent, but still not good enough to get my vote...

d audio 450
06-08-2003, 11:12 PM
hmmm....id buy it if it were decent...but if its made by the same company as that legacy one...bah forget it- ill look into it more, look for reviews or something and let u guys know what i found...
thanks
-pat

lizardskins7
06-09-2003, 03:34 AM
the one I got is a 5.6" emerson or something like that, it was about $90. Not a great brand by any means but I figured that they'd at least be as trustworthy as pyramid or something like that.

The picture quality is good, not amazing, but not awful by any means. It does have a pretty bad viewing angle though, does anyone know if the fahrenheit monitors have wide viewing angles?

paikiah
06-09-2003, 03:51 AM
I dunno about viewing angles and such...

but I DO know that cheap LCD's use recycled LCD panels... some choose to mention it, to make it appear like an environmental friendly company, whilst others simply do not mention it.