PDA

View Full Version : Hello from "the other side of the pond"

buggsson
07-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi all. Newbie into car audio. I have a quite old Volvo V70 that has many, many, many km under the hood to play with. I live in Sweden and the music that will be played in the volvo when I'm done, will mostly be hard rock, metal and progg.

bumpin buick
07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome to CA.com, do you need suggestions on what to get?

Injected54
07-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Welcome to CA.com

buggsson
07-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Welcome to CA.com, do you need suggestions on what to get?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I would like suggestions, but later on please. I have the habit of trying to get a feel for the subject by reading a lot, and hanging on forums like this, and when I think I have got a feel for it, zoom in on the subject with the help of experienced folks like you.

But when I think of it, go ahead, something to go by is always nice.

I am going for a small SQ system. Small at least in the sence that I cannot/will not spend to much. I thought something like 2500 USD for subs, speakers and amps. Cables and other "small" stuff can be extra. I am thinking dual 12" subs, and a two way front system.

I have a few demands on the woofers though. I do not know if they are reasonable or not, but they are what they are.
No PP-cones
VC at least 3" diameter

I've been wondering, how much wattage do one need to fill up a Volvo V70 from a sub/speakers perspective?

denim
07-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Welcome to CA.com.