PDA

View Full Version : how much do i need to sound deaden

slipknot87420
06-06-2003, 09:28 PM
ok i have a 93 blazer and i want to deaden everything all 4 doors back tail gate back window the whole floor and head liner and maybe put some on the 3 back windows would $300 cover that im doubting it but what brand would you use? if there is any where i forgot to mention just tell me

ss3079
06-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Floor, roof, doors, side panels, etc...do it all the first time.

15-30/door, 50-100 cab floor, 75-100 side panels + trunk floor, 75 roof, 20-50 tailgate...that should take care of most of the rattling:D

www.secondskinaudio.com
www.edesignaudio.com

Brown Bead also works.

Price is determined by the line of deadener you use. Dont be afraid to mix and match lines...like DampX for the doors, side panels, trunk floor, and tailgate...and Damp for the roof and cab floor. Multi-layering your material helps as well.

- Steve

slipknot87420
06-06-2003, 09:39 PM
k thanks for the help my blazer rattles like a ****** and where can i find brown bread and how much... will i really notice a 3db gain if i do it right ?

ss3079
06-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by slipknot87420
k thanks for the help my blazer rattles like a ****** and where can i find brown bread and how much... will i really notice a 3db gain if i do it right ?

I forget Brown Bead's site...

You will notice a decrease in road/engine noise and an increase in SPL if done right, yes.

- Steve

more_spl
06-07-2003, 12:40 AM
i belive iot's www.b-quiet.com or .net, not sure.. you won't HEAR the 3dB exactly, but it should be louder by ear/ If installed right, your score should signify a boost in SPL, like Steve said.

i'd get second skin though, it's cheaper than the bread

ss3079
06-07-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by more_spl
i belive iot's www.b-quiet.com or .net, not sure.. you won't HEAR the 3dB exactly, but it should be louder by ear/ If installed right, your score should signify a boost in SPL, like Steve said.

i'd get second skin though, it's cheaper than the bread

I never realized just how expensive that stuff really was...$95 for 35sq.ft? Thats nuts...but hey, it works well.

- Steve

more_spl
06-07-2003, 01:47 PM
im sure most dampers work just as well :)
my buddy bought 5sqr feet for 40$ CDN of the bread.. DANMM YOU RETAIL STORES@@!!
who ever thought bread would be so expensive? i remember back in the day i went to the local grocers store on the corner and bought a whole loaf for .05$

MopeDman
06-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by more_spl
im sure most dampers work just as well :)
my buddy bought 5sqr feet for 40$ CDN of the bread.. DANMM YOU RETAIL STORES@@!!
who ever thought bread would be so expensive? i remember back in the day i went to the local grocers store on the corner and bought a whole loaf for .05$

funny adam real funny...........................NOT and i think it was a little more than 5sq i think it was like 5.5 :D they reamed me in the *** good on that one.........never again!

ifandorbuts
06-09-2003, 10:54 AM
bread for $.05 ? wow. make me wonder why I charge som much for skin then. cant even eat skin!?!?

Brown bread is a great product guys. it is made of up of a completely different bitumen than the others. does a bit of a different job. same basic outcome but does it a bit differently. (a tad)
hence the price difference.
if anyone has second skin questions feel free to email me
[email protected]

ANT