PDA

View Full Version : Box for (2) MTX Thunder 4510's help?

chambiec1
07-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Hey guys.
My brother upgraded vehicles and it is town to build a new box for him. He has 2 MTX Thunder 4510's (The single 4ohm 10" models) currently in a sealed pre-fab truck box.
Well, he got an SUV, so he wants to try a ported box out for them. I have the basics of the box down, but need some advice/suggestions on size and tuning.
MTX suggests 1.45^3FT for 1 sub... tuned to 38Hz.
I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 2.9-3^3 Ft tuned to somewhere int he range of 32-34Hz, but am unsure on how these woofers would perform in that size box, and tuned lower.

If anyone has tried these subs out in a ported box, let me know what size/tuning they like. We are hoping to start building by next week.
Thanks.
-Casey

9seconlives
07-10-2008, 02:18 AM
I would step up to the next moel or 2, depending on what amp he'll be running them off of, they will handle less power in a ported box and i have persoanlly blown a pair of the 4512's. i do like the mtx subs and everyone will have their own opinion and suggestions. if you run the mentioned box then i wouldn't tune it lower than what the manf. states but that's just me and considering the model of sub.this is without knowing the amp that will push them as well.

chambiec1
07-10-2008, 03:29 AM
I would step up to the next moel or 2, depending on what amp he'll be running them off of, they will handle less power in a ported box and i have persoanlly blown a pair of the 4512's. i do like the mtx subs and everyone will have their own opinion and suggestions. if you run the mentioned box then i wouldn't tune it lower than what the manf. states but that's just me and considering the model of sub.this is without knowing the amp that will push them as well.

Already have the subs, not interested in upgrading at the moment. He isn't looking to do anything crazy, just a little better sound that stock.
The subs will be getting clean, just below rated power from a Kenwood amp, I forget the model number, but the 2 are recieving just undr 125wrms each.

psych0ticnemes1
07-10-2008, 10:46 AM
If you need a design, send me a pm.

poundindak69
07-10-2008, 10:48 AM
If you need a design, send me a pm.

ya he does a good job

Bigbear
07-10-2008, 10:51 AM
yea i would say have some1 design and you build or have some1 build u one. it wont be that much cuz ur box wont be all that big

chambiec1
07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't much need a design... I can handle that. It's just going to be a simple common chamber, slot ported box.
I'm looking for insight on what tuning these subs make like, and if I have my calculations for airspace about right.

chambiec1
07-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Bump.

chambiec1
07-11-2008, 03:33 PM
'Nother bump.