PDA

View Full Version : Tuning frequency

armitank
07-09-2008, 08:36 PM
alright, so im going to have 2 12" type R's in a 3.5cu box ported and im not sure what frequency i should have it at?:crap:
i listen to both metal and rap, mostly metal but also when listening to rap i like to have it low and loud, help please?

9seconlives
07-10-2008, 02:24 AM
alright, so im going to have 2 12" type R's in a 3.5cu box ported and im not sure what frequency i should have it at?:crap:
i listen to both metal and rap, mostly metal but also when listening to rap i like to have it low and loud, help please?

Run a sealed box and power the hell outta them.............that's what i do, i have a tuned box but VERY rarely even put it in the car because i like the bass responce and SQ that sealed boxes give BUT the subs will need/will handle a bit more power to achieve the desired level IMO.

armitank
07-10-2008, 02:39 AM
dont want to go sealed at all, i whent from sealed to the ported box i have now and i like the ported waaayyyy better..... thing is... i have no idea what i tuned the box at... lost all the box plans i had and my memory is gone from the time i built it from a concussion
if i had to guess id say the box is at like 36 that i have, but i hear 34 hz tossed around alot when tuning boxes