PDA

View Full Version : what is port tuning and how do you do it.

cobra65427289
06-06-2003, 03:00 PM
this sounds a little bit noob, but i have only delt with sealed enclosures, i have heard ported boxes and like the big boomy sounds they put out. what is port tuning and how do you do it? if it is on a website that you may know of please provide a link for me here. thank you.

al

fantomas
06-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by cobra65427289
this sounds a little bit noob, but i have only delt with sealed enclosures, i have heard ported boxes and like the big boomy sounds they put out. what is port tuning and how do you do it? if it is on a website that you may know of please provide a link for me here. thank you.

al

www.caraudio.com
go to the msg board and search.

but ill try and expplain it quickly. the tuning of the box has to do with the port area, port length, and box volume. the frequency you tune it to is the peak (loudest). the lower you tune it, the better sounding it is...the higher you tune it, the louder it gets (compared to tuning it lower) but SQ lacks. pure spl boxes are tuned for over40 hz....i think.

but i would def say search because there are more indepth discussion of this on this msg board...

abcdefg
06-06-2003, 11:13 PM
hey try going here this should help you out

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31