PDA

View Full Version : Question about tuning options

Mynameismcgyver
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Will changing the box volume yield the same results as if I change the port (aero port) length? My buddy believe that each thing will give a slightly different result....

Thanks

skateboardkid
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
each thing will give a slightly different result....

Longer port in the box is effectivly reducing the airspace in the box, which affects tuning as much as the airspace in the box being changed and using the same length port.

the only time this doesnt really apply is external aero ports, you can change length all you want and enclosure airspace stays the same.

Mynameismcgyver
07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
each thing will give a slightly different result....

Longer port in the box is effectivly reducing the airspace in the box, which affects tuning as much as the airspace in the box being changed and using the same length port.

the only time this doesnt really apply is external aero ports, you can change length all you want and enclosure airspace stays the same.
Hmm That makes complete sense. Here's what im up against. I have never changed the setup of the box since it was made for me. Now that I have a new sub on the way (FI Bl 15)...I will have the option of changing the specs of just the box (not the port) if it needs adjusting. But either way a new box is getting built.