PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass box for idmax how many layers needed

audiontz
06-06-2003, 08:44 AM
i am just wondering how many layers people use of fiberglass for sub boxes need it to be really strong being it is an idmax just need some info let me know thanks guys

ramos
06-06-2003, 09:14 AM
I would suggest using some form of biaxial mat such as kyntex. It will cut down on the amount of layers you will need. It will also save you alot of buildup time also. As it will only take three to four layers of the biaxial mat to make the enclosure strong enough to park your car on :)

audiontz
06-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ramos
I would suggest using some form of biaxial mat such as kyntex. It will cut down on the amount of layers you will need. It will also save you alot of buildup time also. As it will only take three to four layers of the biaxial mat to make the enclosure strong enough to park your car on :)

thanks man where would i be able to get that stuff never heard of it let me know please thanks for the info bro.

ramos
06-06-2003, 01:21 PM
I always order it from www.fiberglast.com But you might want to check around locally for a boating supplier or a repair yard. :)

audiontz
06-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ramos
I always order it from www.fiberglast.com But you might want to check around locally for a boating supplier or a repair yard. :)
cool man thanks for the great info on all the products for me i am going to be oprdering alot of stuff from there no cheaper than what i have been getting it for thanks bro

ramos
06-06-2003, 01:59 PM
No prblem my man :)