PDA

View Full Version : Which would you face them?

Rashaddd
07-08-2008, 03:32 AM
I need help deciding which way to face my subs when I install them, I listened to my old 12's both ways and they sounded pretty close to the same, can't say for sure one was louder than the other.

Because they are heavy (especially once subs are in...) and a very tight squeeze to get in, I don't feel like switching these ones out once I get them in and then trying to decide by ear which sounds better/is louder, so I'll go based on what you guys say most likely.

They are MJ18's if you're wondering, and a hifonics bxi2607

Not sure if this is the right place exactly for this but it works...

Please let me know which way you would go and why if there's any good reason behind it.

Thanks

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5007/whichsetupta0.jpg

Scoobydoo
07-08-2008, 03:40 AM
pretty diagrams

Rashaddd
07-08-2008, 03:59 AM
pretty diagrams

Thank you, I could really use a more insightful opinion though :crap:

Rashaddd
07-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Sweet, 40 views and no one can take ten seconds to give me a decent opinion?

tyler_fitz
07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
first one

tyler_fitz
07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
second one just screams cancellation, not that i know anything about that though...

dman4486
07-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I know you said you don't want to do it twice, but do the second one and see if you like it.....try them both and then decide

I think it would be cool to have them face each other, but would worry about if there was enough space between them.

Decado2
07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Try both ways and then decide from there.

kovemaster559
07-08-2008, 12:35 PM
2nd one if built right

djman37
07-08-2008, 12:36 PM
second one just screams cancellation, not that i know anything about that though...

why would it scream cancellation? not because they face each other, but their relative position in the trunk.

I'd think face them both rearward or possibly away from each other. Either way, don't be a lazy ***, they are relatively LIGHT subs and the effort will be worth it to get better sound.

setup #2 wouldn't allow you to screw the boxes together either.

DaGh0st
07-08-2008, 12:41 PM
1st.

poundindak69
07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
3rd one

Rashaddd
07-08-2008, 12:51 PM

If they're in phase facing eachother, if anything its the opposite of cancellation isn't it?

I know you said you don't want to do it twice, but do the second one and see if you like it.....try them both and then decide

I think it would be cool to have them face each other, but would worry about if there was enough space between them.

I've test fitted once and there's a good 4-5 inches I can squeeze between them when turned that way

2nd one if built right

please elaborate...they're already built

why would it scream cancellation? not because they face each other, but their relative position in the trunk.

I'd think face them both rearward or possibly away from each other. Either way, don't be a lazy ***, they are relatively LIGHT subs and the effort will be worth it to get better sound.

setup #2 wouldn't allow you to screw the boxes together either.

yea the only way they'd have more cancellation is based on position in the trunk

lol you're right...I really ought to just do it, the problem is I can't always tell for sure if one's louder or not because it'll take 5-10mins to change and by then I don't remember exactly how loud the other was. I know they're relatively light, but there's really hardly any room to move them around, and they just barely can slide into the trunk opening so it takes some manuevering to get them out (plus considering how awkward they are). Trust me, the illustrations don't do justice in showing how tight of a fit they are and how difficult they are to move once in there

thanks for the input people

brtnboarder3241
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM
1st

Decado2
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Ride around with them in both positions for a couple of days, you should notice a difference if there is one once you change them around.

Rashaddd
07-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Ride around with them in both positions for a couple of days, you should notice a difference if there is one once you change them around.

unfortunately I probably wouldn't, if anything I'd just trick myself into believing one was better than the other, or I'd just settle and say they're the same

wish someone had a TL around here lol

jdc753
07-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure rear fire works well in a truck car, and doesn't look like a whole lot of room between the two subs in the second diagram.