PDA

View Full Version : typerbass= scammer

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
bought some wires/distro off him never responds on aim when i know hes on and responds to other ppl, bad business man, kept communication until he had money then he dont respond pp claim filed.

been over 2 weeks no response hasnt been on here since june 21st

brtnboarder3241
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
um.. how long ago did u buy them

kovemaster559
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
that sux butt

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
june 18- or 19th

duece212
07-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Check back in the feedback section, pretty sure this isn't the first time this has happened.

brtnboarder3241
07-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Check back in the feedback section, pretty sure this isn't the first time this has happened.

agreed

Bigjohn0
07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
this guy lives right down the street from me. bought a 9515 off him last year sometime seemed like an alright guy.

quakerroatmeal
07-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I've bought a IA 20.1 from this guy before, it went perfectly smooth.

NewAgeKing
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I cant remember but i think this dude tryed to say he had a 2250sx he would sell my if the offer was right. Well he sent me some pics that seemed fishy and said he didnt have a way to put a piece of paper with his screen name in the pics. Make a story short he came down to a price that was a steal but i sent him on his way.

bumpin buick
07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
this guy lives right down the street from me. bought a 9515 off him last year sometime seemed like an alright guy.

you should go and ask him whats up then

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
agreed go get my stuff from him

Bigjohn0
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I dont know the guy really only met him once

Rashaddd
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I dont know the guy really only met him once

still...if you've done business with him, go see whatsup. Even if you hadn't, he lives right there

duece212
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't think the guy is a scammer if I remember right, the last party actually got their gear just took forever and was poor communication. Either way not a good seller if they don't respond to the buyer or ship in acceptable time.

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:19 PM
u know he was in a bad situation i bought some **** i really didnt need to help him with is "overdraft sale", he kept great communication until the 21st said he was shipping, then something came up blah blah said he would get it out the 25th never heard from again :(

delvryboy
07-07-2008, 03:20 PM
you have his phone #?

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
if he couldnt get it out til august i would be fine if he kept in contact. but he doesnt respond on aim when i know hes on. i'm never rude or agressive and continually bother him

Bigjohn0
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Im sure he will get things fixed with this. he seemed like an alright guy

Ali1
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
i believe the guy lives in Tinley Park, am i correct?

snb778
07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
his name is joe hammel... he has a myspace website.. hit him up there... let all his friends know he's a piece...

In the last year or 2 almost allll of his threads on here are F.S. threads. He's got a few negative feedbacks.

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
you have his phone #?

no, anyone have it so i can straighten this out?

buddies been here a long time and i hate scarring ppl reputation (further in his case) but **** how hard is it to type a simple 2 or 3 letter word when i asked if it has gone out yet??

just poor communication skills and bad business man

Bigjohn0
07-07-2008, 03:24 PM
i believe the guy lives in Tinley Park, am i correct?

yeah man he lives about 1/4 mile away

delvryboy
i thought i had it, guess not. tommyk has it though.

bumpin buick
Ive seen a few people on here from tinley park area, im sure someone can find him and ask him whats up

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
his name is joe hammel... he has a myspace website.. hit him up there... let all his friends know he's a piece...

In the last year or 2 almost allll of his threads on here are F.S. threads. He's got a few negative feedbacks.

thanks i will look him up on myspace tonight, he honestly sounds ,like he has good intentions but bad follow thru and i understand bad financial situation but still respond to a simple question after its been 3 weeks would just be polite

kovemaster559
07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
yeah man he lives about 1/4 mile away

go have a chat with him!

tommyk90
07-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Joe told me your stuff shipped already. Says that paypal should have sent you an email with the tracking info.

Was shipped on saturday.

snb778
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
screw that.. no excuse to accept payment when you can't deliver the product... thats straight out scamming

edit: well I hope so... at least he's gettin what he payed for then

tommyk90
07-07-2008, 03:29 PM
screw that.. no excuse to accept payment when you can't deliver the product... thats straight out scamming

Read my above post.

delvryboy
07-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Do you have his email? I would contact him that way because I doubt he visits here except to make a sale.

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Joe told me your stuff shipped already.

thank you but why so hard on his part to just respond, he sound like a great guy and TRUST me i know stuff comes up and am 1st to say i aim to get stuff out the next day but sometimes is unrealistic but communication is key, every transaction i do i keep in touch the best i can so no worries cause it feels horrible waiting and not knowing imo,

thank you for contacting him and getting an update for me it is much appreciated tommy

Rob

lilmaniac2
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM

edit: well I hope so... at least he's gettin what he payed for then

its only scamming if he intentionally is dicking the guy over, id call what he is doing bad business practice and would probably issue the guy a partial refund for his trouble. I know sometimes its hard for me to ship stuff out with work and the like and if its something small ( seems like it is since its distros and stuff ) its even harder to justify going to somewhere like ups store and let them package it as you will lose money.

I like Joe and ive talked to him quite a few times and hes alwasy been a nice guy to me. Just seems like hes being lazy shipping off something that he sees as not as important, but im sure its very important to somebody trying to install there stereo.

I'm not making excuses for him or saying what hes doing is right, im saying that sometimes it happens.

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Do you have his email? I would contact him that way because I doubt he visits here except to make a sale.

i have his aim and he is on alot i made a couple attempts but never responds nad i know hes there cause it says i am away and then says online then away, etc.

duece212
07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
its only scamming if he intentionally is dicking the guy over, id call what he is doing bad business practice and would probably issue the guy a partial refund for his trouble. I know sometimes its hard for me to ship stuff out with work and the like and if its something small ( seems like it is since its distros and stuff ) its even harder to justify going to somewhere like ups store and let them package it as you will lose money.

I like Joe and ive talked to him quite a few times and hes alwasy been a nice guy to me. Just seems like hes being lazy shipping off something that he sees as not as important, but im sure its very important to somebody trying to install there stereo.

I'm not making excuses for him or saying what hes doing is right, im saying that sometimes it happens.

Yup, some people think small sales don't deserve the attention and follow through that larges sales do, and its aggravating as hell sometimes.

Either way, it only takes a few seconds to respond to a PM, especially if your on the forum cruising already. A repeat offense definately shows **** poor responsibility as a seller.

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM

x10 i agree but i always make an effort no matter how small to get it out the next day or asap, and there is NO EXCUSE FOR BAD COMMUNICATION. its not like he says shipping soon a bunch of times he just didnt respond to me for at least 2 weeks.
I am waiting on the 5 inline fuses to wire my truck so in turn i can deaden, in turn so i can get it to mobieous for my box build it is delaying my build

**** i sold lanyards, lose money and still shipped the next day, NO ONE needs a lanyard for any particular reason
but it doesnt matter if its a sub/amp or a rca cable its important to someone, u take the time to respond and make a sale but no follow thru

If he did ship it i retract my scammer remarks and label him as a below average seller jsut for lack of communication which is key in completing online transactions imo

snb778
07-07-2008, 03:41 PM
thank you but why so hard on his part to just respond, he sound like a great guy and TRUST me i know stuff comes up and am 1st to say i aim to get stuff out the next day but sometimes is unrealistic but communication is key, every transaction i do i keep in touch the best i can so no worries cause it feels horrible waiting and not knowing imo,

thank you for contacting him and getting an update for me it is much appreciated tommy

Rob

you should check out my thread for selling my 15" Type R... a local backed out because I was being TO cautious!! I was tellin him that I was going to make another thread so everyone could witness our transaction.. told him I was going to save his PM's so there was no "He said/she said" kinda thing. And I had it for sale on Craigslist as well... He got sketched out and backed out of the deal... said, "something seems sketchy here" HAH!!

and yea what TypeRbass is bad business NOW, after we just found out he was actually trying to ship it... but come on.. some common courtesy would be nice...im sure he'd be flippin out to if someone didnt communicate with him for 2 weeks either.. I dont care how busy you are... When I get outta work at 1-2am I still jump on here to see whats goin on, ESP if i was in the middle of a transaction

DeViOuSoNe
07-07-2008, 03:41 PM

Rob

I will 2nd that.

TheFiverMan
07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
*still owes me 50 dollars*

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM

i saw that when i investigated him before the transaction hopefully one day he will make it right

Ali1
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM

remmacs

hemi=22s
07-07-2008, 07:20 PM
package data transmitted to usps today not shipped yet but i will keep everyone posted

hemi=22s
07-15-2008, 08:50 PM
ok so he is not a complete scammer, he did ship, but i get a note in my mailbox today saying i have to pick up at my local usps because he didnt put enough postage on it so now i have to go pay more money and miss work to get it NOBODY DEAL WITH THIS GUY MAN HAS NO ****IN BIZ ETHICS WHAT SO EVER

i post if it is what i paid for tomorrow:(

Ali1
07-15-2008, 09:54 PM
ok so he is not a complete scammer, he did ship, but i get a note in my mailbox today saying i have to pick up at my local usps because he didnt put enough postage on it so now i have to go pay more money and miss work to get it NOBODY DEAL WITH THIS GUY MAN HAS NO ****IN BIZ ETHICS WHAT SO EVER

i post if it is what i paid for tomorrow:(

that's a shame

revrider1
07-15-2008, 09:55 PM

hemi=22s
07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
guess what got the distros today, 2 out of 4 are broken because he doesnt know how to pack stuff he just stuck all 4 in a bubble lined manilla envelope,

said he woudl send an extra for my troubles after 2 weeks of delay he did not include and did not include the 10 ft of wire i bought, anyone have this guys number or anything

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii80/56acebtown/IMG_0215.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii80/56acebtown/IMG_0217.jpg

tapout
07-16-2008, 07:00 PM
***** man. Hope you get it worked out.

*noted.

hemi=22s
07-16-2008, 07:10 PM
thanks, hopefully tommyk can talk to him or give me his number

TheFiverMan
07-16-2008, 07:18 PM
***** man..gl though..

KCha
07-16-2008, 07:26 PM
media mail?? rofl

hemi=22s
07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
media mail?? rofl

yeah usps opened it are were like wtf?????:laugh:

hemi=22s
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
made several more attempts to contact him for the remaining merchandise only, not even a credit for the damage or the postage he wont respond so i escalated the 2nd pymt for the stuff i didnt rcve to a claim and if it doesnt go thru ill file a claim thru the cc company and get my money back

I STRONGLY ADVISE EVERYONE TO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM IN THE FUTURE

mihklo
07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
****in pieces of ***** on this forum. if only we could line up all the scammers and shoot them in the head.