PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure positioning in SUV

Ali1
07-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm debating on having the enclosure (pair of L7s) subs up port back, but my tailgate seems to be taking it in the ***, considering how close the port is to the rear. I was thinking subs and port on same panel. Would i yeild better results keeping the first approach or get equivalent results with subs/port on same panel in an 04 blazer(almost like having a wall by having subs and port facing the front). Anybody ever did extensive positioning in an SUV? The reason i ask is because i'm planning on a new enclosure, but undecided on subs/port placement..
Thanks in advance!

xtremez
07-05-2008, 11:05 PM
ive always been told its best to have the subs up and port to the rear/hatch... i personally have had 2 13w7s in a box like that n it hit hard... Current box i have is sub and port on the same side... havent tested it yet. when i do ill let you know.

sdmtnbiker420
07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I had my JL sub with port on same side as sub, pointing to the hatch and it sounded good.

Now I have 2 10's sealed and not sure which way to go. Ima try flipping them up towards the roof tonight, and see if it makes a difference.

robinson,jerry
07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
ive tried all kinds of ways, the best is sub back,portback look at my photos

robinson,jerry
07-05-2008, 11:13 PM
with subs up it soundz louder outside but nasty bass.with subs to the rear longer nice smoother bass

da box king
07-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I can't fit 2 15" hdc3 below the window doin sub up port back...so instead I just finished a box that is subs/port up....I heard it works nice in the trailblazer....and btw my box is going in an 03 trailblazer

Ali1
07-05-2008, 11:32 PM
with subs up it soundz louder outside but nasty bass.with subs to the rear longer nice smoother bass

elaborate further please...

da box king
07-05-2008, 11:37 PM

each suv is differant...and I would rather do port up instead of smothering the port to the rear if space is an issue, Just make sure you have the space. Most people do subs up in SUVS anyways...

JeepSound
07-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Sub back, port back seems to be the loudest for me in the Jeep. And, IIRC, when building my box most people agreed the same.