PDA

View Full Version : Fiance wants to make her Kia Spectra nicer.



UnholyMatrix
06-05-2003, 12:05 PM
She really is not into the audio part mainly just making it not look so cheap on the inside.

I was wanting to take the exsiting cover for the radio, heater controls, ect and cover it in a wood like finish. I don't know where to start though. Is it complicated? Or does it just take a replacement part?

Here is a picture of what a kia specta looks like:

http://www.kia.com/images/spectra/sedan/2003-6.jpg

She wants this wood covering because her mom has a 2003 nissan altima and it is covered in the wood finish and she would like that too.



Any suggestions?

http://www.nissanusa.com/m/cma/i/3al/3altima_gal_med10.jpg

The chrome part is actually a wood finish in her moms car.:confused:

ramos
06-05-2003, 12:16 PM
There are a couple of companies that make wood grain replacements for cars. I'm not sure if Kia is one of the choices or not. You could always paint the plastic trim panels an accent color :)

maylar
06-05-2003, 01:19 PM
Tweed dude, tweed!

UnholyMatrix
06-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by maylar
Tweed dude, tweed!

WTF is tweed man. I really need help on this.

ramos
06-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Tweed is a pretty cool looking material that is used for upholstery and such. We're trying to help ya man. Just tossing out some ideas :)

UnholyMatrix
06-05-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ramos
Tweed is a pretty cool looking material that is used for upholstery and such. We're trying to help ya man. Just tossing out some ideas :)

Oh lol.

UnholyMatrix
06-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Jmac
If she wants her car to look like her mom's Nissan Altima, maybe she should get a Nissan Altima ;)

I never thought of that. I'm sure any dealership will bend over backwards for a 21 and 20 year old to sell them a 30,000.00 + car.

She does not want it to look like the altima she just wants the wood paneling.

ramos
06-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Okay my man I looked all over the place. And the only one I could find for a Kia Spectra is this one
http://www.wooddashmanufacturers.com/images/dash/R2092_l.gif

Here's the site http://www.wooddashmanufacturers.com/dash.asp?pn=11.1


They make a vinyl adhesive sticker set. But you said you want to make the car not look cheap. So I would stay away from it. :D :)

UnholyMatrix
06-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ramos
Okay my man I looked all over the place. And the only one I could find for a Kia Spectra is this one
http://www.wooddashmanufacturers.com/images/dash/R2092_l.gif

Here's the site http://www.wooddashmanufacturers.com/dash.asp?pn=11.1


They make a vinyl adhesive sticker set. But you said you want to make the car not look cheap. So I would stay away from it. :D :)

She says that would be fine. Thanks!

UnholyMatrix
06-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Hey one more thing :) If i can get her to start getting in to this custom stuff, where can i go to look at body kits if any?



Another question for real, how can we upgrade the head lights into something like the hyundai sonata's?

Bumpin03
06-05-2003, 09:00 PM
never heard of a body kit for a Kia...but there may be one out tehre. There is only 1 body kit for a 99+ grand am and it costs $1800. So it makes me kind of doubt there is one out there for a Kia.

ramos
06-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Man that's a tough one. This is the only place I found that has a body kit for any kind of kia. You might want to check it out. :)

http://www.hdk.autosport.com

UnholyMatrix
06-06-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ramos
Man that's a tough one. This is the only place I found that has a body kit for any kind of kia. You might want to check it out. :)

http://www.hdk.autosport.com

I went there but i cannot find anything about kias. Were exactly did you go?

Also I know you can find custom spoilers and such, that are universal, but i thought there were basic universal body kits.

ramos
06-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by UnholyMatrix
I went there but i cannot find anything about kias. Were exactly did you go?

Also I know you can find custom spoilers and such, that are universal, but i thought there were basic universal body kits.

Look at the top right corner. THere is a button that says shop. That's where I was looking. Also the universal body kits aren't really worth the money. They tend to look like crap :)

mblicker
06-06-2003, 02:55 PM
tell your girlfriend/ wife to save her money and not waste it on a piece of crap car like that.

UnholyMatrix
06-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by mblicker
tell your girlfriend/ wife to save her money and not waste it on a piece of crap car like that.

Yet another brainiac! Bills man. Bills. The whole body kit is just a dream really, but the minor jobs are harmless.

ramos
06-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by mblicker
tell your girlfriend/ wife to save her money and not waste it on a piece of crap car like that.


Everybody can't drive a ferarri man. :rolleyes: :)

mblicker
06-06-2003, 04:37 PM
i'm just saying save the money for an entertainment system or something like that. not to make a car like that look worse.

ramos
06-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by mblicker
i'm just saying save the money for an entertainment system or something like that. not to make a car like that look worse.

That's cool man. Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. It's just your first post made you sound like an a$$hole. :)

oOBaybeKOo
06-06-2003, 05:31 PM
UnholyMatrix.....Email me.. [email protected] ..

or catch me on AIM xO Baybe K Ox


Let's just say I can make your dreams a reality...

UnholyMatrix
06-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by mblicker
i'm just saying save the money for an entertainment system or something like that. not to make a car like that look worse.


Putting a body kit would not make it look worse. It would make it look different which would be a good thing.

Body kits can do wonders, i've seen a body kit for fiero's and it looks like some 2000 model sports car.

also i've seen a redone prelude from 86 look like it came from the late 90's.

paikiah
06-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Ah, Kia....

why, oh why did I miss this one?

There are LOTS and LOTS of bodykits available EVERYWHERE......here in Korea...:P

Most of them comes out quite tacky, really. I think you might want to stick with the standard look. The wood grain dash looks somewhat tacky, no? There are higher quality pieces that you might enquire Kia about.


Cheap bang for buck.. it's why I drive a Carens LPG.