PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Box Help.

GRAND V
06-05-2003, 01:09 AM
I am looking to make my own sealed box, and am wondering are there any books or mags out there any one can suggest. Or are there any websites that sell good sealed boxes. I'm new to the car audio world, but find it very exciting and a learning experience from all you guys on line. Thanks for all replies and any help.

Wonderbread
06-05-2003, 01:14 AM
some decent boxes online are SubZero, speakerhole, and anything you build yourself... ;)

Randy Savage
06-05-2003, 01:21 AM
http://woodlawncabinetry.homestead.com/Woodlawn1.html

There ya go ;)

fantomas
06-06-2003, 12:26 AM
go to your local library and look....they should have something along the lines of "speaker box......"

bigred78797
06-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Well it's a little more advanced and requires a tad bit of Math understanding but i learned alot of what i know from a book called "The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook" by Vance Dickason. He covers all the info on sealed, Vented, Passive-radiator, and even transmission line boxes. It cover alot of stuff including the basics of how to build your own speaker. And in the back of the book it has a whole bunch of places that sell speakers, speaker parts, boxes, box making parts, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I ordered the book online from barnes & nobles for 30 bux... and it was worth every penny.