PDA

View Full Version : do my subs and port need space to "breathe"?

pinoywitboom
06-28-2008, 04:12 AM
well was wondering if its good to give some good space to your subs and port to breathe so the sound can circulate or "load" off the trunk and fire into the front or does it not matter? if it helps i got a hatch and does firing/porting to the rear weild the best results or no? thx fo da help!

tez4life
06-28-2008, 04:19 AM
its usually a good idea for some "breathing room" from the rear of the trunk to your subs/port.

Its a rule of thumb, but I cant remember the distance, I asked this question a lil while ago.

pinoywitboom
06-28-2008, 04:24 AM
you think 2-3" of space away from the actual rear of the hatch is enough breathing room or is alot more needed to reap beneficial results?

SVT RELAMPAGO
06-28-2008, 07:41 PM
you think 2-3" of space away from the actual rear of the hatch is enough breathing room or is alot more needed to reap beneficial results?

I think its enough room. I have a small ported box (for an 8" sub)in the rear of my hatch. I've played around with it by having the port firing up ,to the side, forward etc. Ive come to the conclusion that every time a place the box with the port firing to the rear hatch area and with about 3-4" from the actual hatch door it sound way better and louder.I guess cause it reflects the sound of the hatch????

kovemaster559
06-29-2008, 12:08 AM
as big as the port width is my rule of tumb