PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Box Suggestions for 2 10" Type X's

Lingerfelt
06-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Picking up a pair of 10" Type X's this weekend, running them sealed, powered by an AQ2200D @ 1 ohm.

Anyone have recommendations for a box size?

Looking for *** kicking lows, which I'm under the assumption these can provide.

Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone knows where I can find the Type X review I once read on here, I'd love to read it again. I've searched quite a few times to no avail.

Buck
06-27-2008, 12:59 AM
looking for lows, get big ported box tuned low.

ported>sealed :fyi:

Lingerfelt
06-27-2008, 01:00 AM
looking for lows, get big ported box tuned low.

ported>sealed :fyi:

Sealed > ported for this driver. :fyi:

Buck
06-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Sealed > ported for this driver. :fyi:

ok. how are the lows gona pound on a sealed box???

Lingerfelt
06-27-2008, 01:02 AM
ok. how are the lows gona pound on a sealed box???

They can't, matter of fact, I don't even know why I'm buying them in search of the lows, since 10's can't even drop that low? :confused:

Buck
06-27-2008, 01:04 AM
They can't, matter of fact, I don't even know why I'm buying them in search of the lows, since 10's can't even drop that low? :confused:

i'm not trying to argue, ive just never heard hard hitting lows come out of a sealed box

Lingerfelt
06-27-2008, 01:06 AM
i'm not trying to argue, ive just never heard hard hitting lows come out of a sealed box

I know, I'm joking.

From what little I understand, the (insert 3 letters here that stand for motor strength IIRC) is low, therefore they perform best in sealed boxes.

Everything I've read says to run them sealed. Plus I'm trying to do an SQ-ish install, kind of.

Buck
06-27-2008, 01:08 AM
I know, I'm joking.

From what little I understand, the (insert 3 letters here that stand for motor strength IIRC) is low, therefore they perform best in sealed boxes.

Everything I've read says to run them sealed. Plus I'm trying to do an SQ-ish install, kind of.

well go sealed then but try to get a perfect cub ft box i guess. cuz if you get a big sealed box it takes away from power handling

Lingerfelt
06-27-2008, 01:10 AM
well go sealed then but try to get a perfect cub ft box i guess. cuz if you get a big sealed box it takes away from power handling

Chyeah, just looking for personal experience with them.

Need something to hold me over until I have my 21" DP, then they're going straight to the girlfriend's car.

Buck
06-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Chyeah, just looking for personal experience with them.

Need something to hold me over until I have my 21" DP, then they're going straight to the girlfriend's car.

thata way. type x's arent bad subs by any means tho