PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KFC-XW1222D

jayhawker
06-23-2008, 09:12 PM
I know this IS NOT your typical "mainstream" woofer but I would like to give my comments on it. As some might have seen in the sub woofer section, I was gathering information on the IDQV3 as this is the sub I had my heart set on.

A good buddy of mine is an authorized Kenwood dealer. He has 2 of these woofers being pushed by a KAC-X1R and his tech has 3 of these with the same amp in his wagon and it really pounds.

We put the woofer in a sealed box and I to am running the same amp and I am quite happy with the way it sounds. It really isn't "tuned" as some would say, but we set it up to my taste with some Steely Dan and Dire Straits (very clean recordings) and I must say I am very happy with the way the woofer is performing.
I don't think I could tell a difference between this and the IDQV3 at a normal listening level or slightly higher based on the music I listen to. For $110, I am glad I opted to try the Kenwood as it saved me quite a bit of money. I figured that if I still really want the IDQV3 down the road, I won't be out too much money as I am sure I can unload this on Craigslist pretty quickly for a reasonable price.

I don't listen to rap or hip hop so I can't tell you how it's going to perform on the low notes. On the song "Peg" the woofer really came to life with the bass notes.
It wasn't a boooooom but boom and that's what I was after. Sorry for such a long review. I just wanted to give my opinion on a product that 99% of the people here will never consider.