PDA

View Full Version : RE XXX comps? Mids?

Phlipbak
06-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Ok, I looked around the forum a bit, and I also saw on Steve Meade's website where he uses these.. and I saw on here where people like the mids, and they have high output.. and in all the vid's I have seen of Meade's car they seem to sound great..

So point blank: good SQ for midrange or not?

My musical taste is (in order of preference): Hardcore, metal, punk/screamo, rap

If these won't have the best sound for these genres, can you guys recommend some that would fit the bill? My ED comps just don't give me the drive I need for hardcore and such.. I need some meaty midbass/midrange door speakers with balls and aggressiveness..

And what is the power handling on the tweets? I know the mids have 150 RMS.. should I get these mids and the Seas Neo tweets? Or will their 90 watts be overpowered by the mids?

I want to run a 2-way active setup..

Phlipbak
06-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Guys? ttt

Hoodlum007
06-21-2008, 05:08 PM
I heard a car with XXX subs and XXX comps, while the subs took my breath away the comps really did not impress me that much. Even the owner of the car said he was looking to upgrade comps since he was not 100 percent happy with them either. If you looking for good quality and hi power handling mids check these PG Elites/Morel drivers.

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6218

RumbleNTheTrunk
06-22-2008, 02:28 AM
I got some good bass response out of my previous, had them in kick panels. It was powered by a DD S4....I liked the mid bass driver but the tweeter was a little harsh.