PDA

View Full Version : mixing comps

king ranch
06-20-2008, 02:15 AM
how well is this going to blend or how awfull is this going to sound

a set of comps cdt cl-62cf's in the kicks on 150rms per side and a set of polk momo comps the mid in the door for mainly the midbass since momos have great midbass on 150rms per side and then the tweet maybe in the a pillar unless two sets of tweets is too much or if they dont blend well

but if i dont use the momo tweet how will that sound bad or good

the freq for the cdt are 60-20khz and the momo are 43-25khz

king ranch
06-20-2008, 03:10 AM
bump

PaulD
06-20-2008, 08:04 AM
will be VERY difficult to eq and even harder to T/A

Echo42987
06-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't think it'll be that hard. But usually you want to be universal in a brand as they will be more similar in sound I guess you could say. But either way their both goiing to produce music.

-Nick-

king ranch
06-20-2008, 03:10 PM
yea i mean with 2 12's l7's ported on 1500rms i deff aint going for the sq award i just want some highs to keep up with the bass but not sound like crap hopefully they will blend toghet well

Echo42987
06-20-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't get why L7's can't be SQ oriented? I had L7's for my last SQ system

king ranch
06-20-2008, 03:56 PM
i didnt say they couldnt be but i mean if u r up to 1500rms in subs i dobut you are wanting just pure sq i want sql and thats what these subs are giving me right now

dcole18
06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
i know the owner of CDT... i bet he could give you some awsome midbass drivers for $20

kovemaster559
06-20-2008, 04:01 PM
i know the owner of CDT... i bet he could give you some awsome midbass drivers for $20

hahahaha. thats ****ed up

dcole18
06-20-2008, 04:04 PM
hahahaha. thats ****ed up

shhhh... im tryin to make $20 here... :rolleyes:

crunktimes.com
06-20-2008, 04:04 PM

pwnt!

king ranch
06-20-2008, 04:05 PM

actually smart guy i talked to a dealer of cdt and i already got some midbass drivers installed in my back doors as it is they go on woofersect for over 200 i got them for 75 shipped so hahaha

go kill yourself and dont get mad bc your gay friend sm got banned bc hes dumb

dcole18
06-20-2008, 04:06 PM
actually smart guy i talked to a dealer of cdt and i already got some midbass drivers installed in my back doors as it is they go on woofersect for over 200 i got them for 75 shipped so hahaha

then why wouldnt you put those midbass drivers in your door...?

tard :laugh:

king ranch
06-20-2008, 04:20 PM
bc i have a set of midbass drivers already in my front doors so i put the cdt in my rear doors as well

i dont need more midbass i need more midrange/vocals/highs

tard hahaha

Idealrealist
06-20-2008, 04:49 PM
You fail so hard so often. That is neat!

kovemaster559
06-20-2008, 04:51 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/robertrincon/20bucks.jpg if you give me $20.00 ill wire them up for you so you can use both!

king ranch
06-20-2008, 05:01 PM
take your gay feg self somewhere

king ranch
06-20-2008, 05:13 PM
bump on mixing comps

king ranch
06-20-2008, 05:13 PM
or actually just the cdt comps with the momo mid in the door for some midbass

WhoSayWho?
06-20-2008, 07:41 PM

Are you certain?

dcole18
06-20-2008, 08:13 PM
bc i have a set of midbass drivers already in my front doors so i put the cdt in my rear doors as well

i dont need more midbass i need more midrange/vocals/highs

tard hahaha

while this may make sense to you... its only because you have the logic of a 5 year old, somone already said that if you must run a dedicated set of midbass drivers in your doors it would be best to use some made by the same company that made your midranges so it would be easier to blend...

nowyourafuckingmoronsendmetwentybucks :fyi:

king ranch
06-20-2008, 08:45 PM
well the momos really arent my midbass i mean they have good midbass but i dont have them used for that only i am using them just for comps i mean i am running them passive and the momo tweet is in the a pillar

the cdt comps will be in the kicks i might or might not use the momo tweet

i aint a sq freak it doesnt have to sound the best in the world i am just wanting to get loud but still have somewhat sq

2wheeler
06-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Dude, Make up a new user name and re-register here. Never bump your own threads the same day you post them. If you do those two things you MIGHT get some good advice. Otherwise the ghost of SM will haunt you til the day you die.

BTW, I think SM is a jackass. Really. What he did to you was crappy, like stealing candy from a retard is crappy. But it's gonna stick to you like a turd on your shoe until you hit the identity reset button...

king ranch
06-20-2008, 09:16 PM
man idc what people think on here about me bumping and what not just need some help

teedot231999
06-20-2008, 11:26 PM
how well is this going to blend or how awfull is this going to sound

a set of comps cdt cl-62cf's in the kicks on 150rms per side and a set of polk momo comps the mid in the door for mainly the midbass since momos have great midbass on 150rms per side and then the tweet maybe in the a pillar unless two sets of tweets is too much or if they dont blend well

but if i dont use the momo tweet how will that sound bad or good

the freq for the cdt are 60-20khz and the momo are 43-25khz

The two brands you have both make pretty good comp sets. They both put out sound very well. I could see if you had a really good set and a bad comp set then I would say that your sound will be azz. You are fortunate to have two decent sets. If you are not running a rediculous sub set up like eight 10's or six 12's then one comp set should be surfice. If you realy want to run both comp sets then do so. It's your ears and your car so do what you feel. I think the problem of tuning lies in the Xover not the speakers themselves. Mixing componets is a common thing with serious audiophiles. They often like only certain parts of a componet set either the midbass/midrange or the tweet and even just the Xover. Why do you think they shop at partsexpress.com and madisound.com? In order to achieve the sound they want they will mix and match speakers until they find the perfect blend that satisfies their ears. Again thats were the Xover comes into play. IMO a poorly designed Xover will screw up the sound of some really good speakers. Like I said earlier it's your car and your ears do what you feel. :D

king ranch
06-21-2008, 12:31 AM
so since are both very good sets and i have a good amp to push them a zx850.4 it should sound still decent not the best but it should blend somewhat well.

also to help it blend better i might or might not use use the momo tweet if i do i will use the cdt xover and hook it up to the extra tweet spot made on the xover for the imaging tweet thats made to mount in the a pillar

so would that sound ok

king ranch
06-21-2008, 03:08 AM
well my cdt comps will be here tommorow so i will find out if they blend well or not

if they dont what should i buy an eq or what to make them blend