PDA

View Full Version : Brake problems

audiobahngods
06-19-2008, 10:51 PM
My son and neighbor took off the brake calipers to paint them getto style. I helped them put it back together, and bleed all 4 brakes. All the air came out, but the brakes still go to the floor. If you pump them a couple of times they tighten up, but go back to the floor.

WTF!!!!! Happened. Any help before I kill them PLEASE.

Thanks

regal8r
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
if they didnt use a 2x4 under the pedal to prevent it from going to the floor when bleeding, they probably killed the master cylinder. there's also a sequence in which to bleed the brakes :fyi:

Alpine CDA-9815
06-20-2008, 03:55 AM
Did all the fluid in the MC leak out? That's my guess. So take off the MC, bleed it, put it on and bleed the calipers again. You'll have to bleed them more than once to get ALL the air out. Also you may want to take a mallet and tape the calipers while bleeding them.

Alpine CDA-9815
06-20-2008, 03:55 AM
Double post.

Scoobydoo
06-20-2008, 04:01 AM
breaks r complicated

audiobahngods
06-21-2008, 12:19 AM
I told them to make sure it didn't run out of fluid while they bled them. They said it didn't they had to fill 2 or 3 times so it wouldn't run dry.

yunvme666
06-21-2008, 01:36 AM
open the bleeders and let them drip for a while.........but it sounds like the master got emptied , you can bench bleed it on the car just need to undo the lines and run lines into the reservoir and pump till just fliud goes through, put it back together and let drip some more...... after that just start at the pass side rear open the bleeder push the brake down close it , do that a few times on each wheel go pass rear to drivers rear to pass front to drivers front and make sure you dont run it outta fluid bleeding it....

Ferendon
06-22-2008, 12:27 AM
if they didnt use a 2x4 under the pedal to prevent it from going to the floor when bleeding, they probably killed the master cylinder. there's also a sequence in which to bleed the brakes :fyi:
If you need a 2x4 under the pedal to make sure you do it right, you shouldn't be messing with brake systems.

open the bleeders and let them drip for a while.........but it sounds like the master got emptied , you can bench bleed it on the car just need to undo the lines and run lines into the reservoir and pump till just fliud goes through, put it back together and let drip some more...... after that just start at the pass side rear open the bleeder push the brake down close it , do that a few times on each wheel go pass rear to drivers rear to pass front to drivers front and make sure you dont run it outta fluid bleeding it....
See above.

yunvme666
06-22-2008, 08:56 AM
2x4s are for *****'s........theres no " see above" , i work on cars everyday thats how its done,dont believe me sit in your drive way and figure it out yourself..... i been doin this for 15 yrs, dont tell me how to bleed brakes...lol....

audiobahngods
06-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks yunvme666 I'll make sure it gets done the way you said. I don't really know alot about these newer cars, but I think I can do it your way.

Thanks again