PDA

View Full Version : diehappy=scammer, or at least a ****_ty seller

ctmike
06-18-2008, 01:32 AM
bought a 12" kicker l7 from diehappy on 2 june. sent a check as he said he doesn't use paypal, which didn't bother me as i have both sold and bought items using either a mo or check myself. sent the check on the 2nd, and after some delay he finally received it on the 9th, and told me he deposited it on the 10th (check of my bank account confirmed it was cashed on the 10th).

after being told this on the 10th the next pm i received was on the 12 (thursday) saying the sub would ship the following day. well the following day i never received a tracking number (as i was told i would) even though i saw he was online that day. next day i shoot him a pm asking for a tracking number and get no response, even though he was online that day. figured o.k., he'll get back to me soon, but when i don't get anything on sunday (15th) from him, i pm him again monday (16th) asking for a tracking number. figure by now he has it shipped, but can't figure out why he's logged on every day that weekend but can't pm me a tracking number.

well, i finally get a pm from him monday saying the sub is all packaged and boxed up WAITING to get shipped because supposedly i didn't give him my address. considering he never asked for one i assumed he would send it to the address which was on both the check and the envelope i sent it in as they were both the same. so i go ahead and tell him to send the sub to the address he had and would await a tracking number. well, still haven't gotten any tracking number or any kind of excuse as to why i haven't. and since our last pm's he's logged on several times, last being within an hour of me posting this, and yet still no update.

i understand things come up, and i don't want to flat out call him a scammer yet, but the way i see it is at best he's a shi_tty seller. if he's got time to log on here everyday he can at least keep me updated. nothing worse then a seller not keeping communication with the buyer imo. and diehappy, i will gladly ask a mod to delete this thread if/when my sub gets to me.

ctmike
06-18-2008, 08:06 AM
morning bump. hope diehappy sees this and gets on the ball.

mlstrass
06-18-2008, 08:11 AM
maybe he's waiting for the check to clear. If it's an out of state check that can take up to 2 weeks. Either way he should communicate what's going on...

Rashaddd
06-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Thats a long *** time...hope he gets it to you at least man scammers blow

ctmike
06-18-2008, 08:40 AM
maybe he's waiting for the check to clear. If it's an out of state check that can take up to 2 weeks. Either way he should communicate what's going on...

2 weeks? never knew that. and my bank told me it was cashed on the 10th, and funds withdraw completely done on the 11th. and i agree, he should communicate better, nothing worse than someone that can't answer pm's, especially when i see him logged on everday. or when being told it would ship on the 13th. then on the 16th telling me he doesn't have my address??

Thats a long *** time...hope he gets it to you at least man scammers blow

not that long, it was june 2nd this month i sent the check. but a little over 2 weeks, and two seperate days it was going to ship, and still nothing though is frustrating.

ctmike
06-18-2008, 12:49 PM
still nothing.

iamamp3pimp
06-18-2008, 12:54 PM
just a thought

the whole "ca.com is my homepage and other people use my PC" line is such bullshit.

ctmike
06-18-2008, 01:05 PM
just a thought

the whole "ca.com is my homepage and other people use my PC" line is such bullshit.

totally agree. after seeing him online last night i checked his profile, said homepage or whatever. after a little while, it then said private messaging. but i still didn't get any reply back to my pm asking for a tracking #, but i know he must have seen it.

benchambers80
06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
usps money order > personal check

ctmike
06-18-2008, 01:11 PM
but either way you can get scammed. and scamming by cashing/accepting either is both still breaking the law, so i don't have a problem with the check. especially when i have what the check was for in the memo section, his name on it and a duplicate copy of it in my check book. i also have printed the check from my bank where it's endorsed by him so that's always good.

i'm still just hoping it's that he's a poor seller that doesnt have his priorities staright, but probably not.

ctmike
06-18-2008, 04:10 PM
bump for you to see diehappy, i see your online right now. like i said in my first post, just pm me the tracking # and as soon as i get the sub, i'll have no problems at all asking a mod. to delete this thread.

ctmike
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
well about 20min. ago got a reply finally. said he shipped yesterday through usps and gave me a delivery confirmation #. when i used the online tracker says no item in their record, so not sure if it's the same as a tracking #, but so far better than nothing.

BASS_WARRIOR
06-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Delivery Confirmation *****! Doesn't give you any info until it's delivered...

mil81
06-18-2008, 05:06 PM
You might want to give UPS a call, and find out what that number is, and if you can track your package with it. If not, try to get another number.

BASS_WARRIOR
06-18-2008, 05:09 PM
its USPS not UPS:fyi:

ctmike
06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
just got back from a short vacation, and still no sub. wasn't left with my neighbors, nor the person that stayed at my house dog sitting for me. no notice saying delivery was available due to no one home at whatever time, nothing. so as of now i'd say it's safe to say diehappy is a scammer, and would say definately do not do business with him.

06-24-2008, 08:41 PM
USPS = united states postal service and UPS are both coompanys.. lol... ne ways.. . call ur bank and let em know.. or the pigs..

Thats Shizzy man

ctmike
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
oh, i pm'd him as soon as i got back earlier. i already been searching and think i have the right #'s for the pds' up there.

but if anyone here in the scammer buster group can dig up any info, it'd be greatly appreciated. i tried searching him by his name, couldn't find anything, only other people with the last name he gave me. i have his name/address he provided if needed.

brtnboarder3241
06-24-2008, 09:53 PM
wow he hasnt even replied to this thread.. hope everything works out i hate pos fegs..gl bro

Naledge503
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear this mike. Hope you get everything figured out.

ctmike
06-24-2008, 11:33 PM
just got back here, and diehappy sends me this reply to my last pm asking where the sub is:

[QUOTE=diehappy]I sent the sub out the 18th and you got the message on the 18th from me about it. I also gave you the shipping / tracking number . Once its shipped its out of my hands.

NewAgeKing
06-24-2008, 11:34 PM
****** deal man. Good luck.

DeViOuSoNe
06-24-2008, 11:38 PM
wow he hasnt even replied to this thread.. hope everything works out i hate pos fegs..gl bro

That mean's Scammer :)

Calikid
06-24-2008, 11:38 PM
watta feg

ctmike
06-24-2008, 11:49 PM
bump to the first page so i can get him to reply here.

TurdFergueson2
06-24-2008, 11:56 PM
People just need to be professional I feel. I did my first deal last weekend. Dude paid me Saturday, by Monday afternoon he had a tracking number. Same deal with a Wii I sold too. Both were shipped, insured, and through both of those things, the buyers have a piece of mind.

ctmike
06-25-2008, 12:33 AM
yeah, this is by far the worst transaction i've had here, or any other site. looking at the usps site, all it says is an item was accepted at his post office on the 18th, that's it. no tracking info or anything, and here it is the 24th. he must have paid to have it delivered to me by some pack mules to save on shipping costs or something cause i should have it by now. i just got scammed, or a victim of the worst shipping in the world:(

NewAgeKing
06-25-2008, 12:34 AM
A pack of mules would be considered old school..... humm. Sorry man not trying to mess with you, i hope you get your stuff.

fredridge
06-25-2008, 01:33 AM
USPS parcel post can take up to 9 days and has the worst tracking of all... I accidentally shipped something that way a couple weeks ago....it is ok if it is in the same state, but farther than that they take the whole 9 days

I think they just let it sit for 7 days and then just sent it priority after it has been sitting for a while

tv559
06-25-2008, 01:40 AM
USPS parcel post can take up to 9 days and has the worst tracking of all... I accidentally shipped something that way a couple weeks ago....it is ok if it is in the same state, but farther than that they take the whole 9 days

I think they just let it sit for 7 days and then just sent it priority after it has been sitting for a while

Yes it can take up to 9 days. I just recieved a packaged through usps and that took I believe 10 days total to get it here:crazy:. So just have a lil more patience..

ctmike
06-25-2008, 06:32 AM
never had a package take that long to be shipped through them, but i am giving it until the end of the week. if i get it then i'll happily have a mod delete this thread, but if not it stays. just a little irritated by his poor communication as a seller right now.

ctmike
06-25-2008, 08:37 AM
update:
just got off the phone with usps and they said it should have been delivered by this past monday. also said it wasn't sent back to shipper, so that's good news. so like i said in original post, when i get it i will gladly have a mod delete this thread, however i still feel communication could have been better, and seller could have had a better attitude towards a buyer rather than just saying 'it's out of his hands'.

jbizzle
06-25-2008, 08:38 AM
hopefully everything works out for you

bumpin buick
06-25-2008, 08:45 AM
update:
just got off the phone with usps and they said it should have been delivered by this past monday. also said it wasn't sent back to shipper, so that's good news. so like i said in original post, when i get it i will gladly have a mod delete this thread, however i still feel communication could have been better, and seller could have had a better attitude towards a buyer rather than just saying 'it's out of his hands'.

Techincally until the package is delivered and tested by the purchaser it is not out of the sellers hands. At least on this forum that is not how it works.

ctmike
06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Techincally until the package is delivered and tested by the purchaser it is not out of the sellers hands. At least on this forum that is not how it works.

exactly, i totally agree. that's one reason whenever i sell something (or even buy) i keep in communication with the other party until they say they've received the item and are perfectly happy with it. i even keep all pm's from the transaction for around a month or so afterwards, just in case. and i'm definately keeping these pm's, especially the one when he said after he dropped it off it's out of his hands, never been told that one before.

now i just want to get this in so i can order my box from mr.cabinetry. usually i order boxes before items gets to me, but on this one i think i'll wait until the subs' in my hands.

ctmike
06-25-2008, 04:48 PM
another day with no sub:( hoping for it soon though.

ctmike
06-26-2008, 09:39 PM
well just to post it so it's out there, another day passed and i still haven't received the sub or any kind of response to the pms' i've sent diehappy.

zack39648
06-26-2008, 10:45 PM
that ***** man sounds like a scam to me .you should deff try to contact him via phone or something you have his address and name its not hard to find his number esspesially cause he probly lives with his parents...... but if that doesnt work i would call his local police !!!!

ctmike
06-27-2008, 06:44 AM
that ***** man sounds like a scam to me .you should deff try to contact him via phone or something you have his address and name its not hard to find his number esspesially cause he probly lives with his parents...... but if that doesnt work i would call his local police !!!!

well just got a pm from him saying if i don't receive it by this weekend he can fill out a lost shipment form (or whatever). but i'm really hoping for the sub. and i already have loooked up the pds' #s for where he lives, but hoping it doesn't have to come down to that.

zack39648
06-27-2008, 06:56 AM
sounds bogus man the number he gave you confims delivery nothing else if theres any info on the site it means its been delivered and you said the po accepted it i would take that as him accepting a package not him sending one but i could be wrong ....... its been 7 working days since he said he shipped so its possible it could take longer than that for basic parcel post but i have recieved packages for family from cali to ms parcel post during the holidays and it was here in 9 working days i say give it until monday and report his theiving ***!!!! he can have as many as 4 chargers btought against him and 2 are federal ... good luck

ctmike
06-27-2008, 07:22 AM
sounds bogus man the number he gave you confims delivery nothing else if theres any info on the site it means its been delivered and you said the po accepted it i would take that as him accepting a package not him sending one but i could be wrong ....... its been 7 working days since he said he shipped so its possible it could take longer than that for basic parcel post but i have recieved packages for family from cali to ms parcel post during the holidays and it was here in 9 working days i say give it until monday and report his theiving ***!!!! he can have as many as 4 chargers btought against him and 2 are federal ... good luck

totally agree with you on the shipping times. i've sent numerous items from ct. to further (ca., co, etc.) that have taken less time. and i already planned on making calls first thing monday morning if i don't have it by then. already have pd #s, and if needed i'll let them know what i do for work ;) and i've also talked to the post office, they said he did drop off a package to be delivered to my address and that it was still not delivered to me yet (this was weds.).

zack39648
06-27-2008, 07:35 AM
in my experience with the post office they cant tell you ish about a pakage being dropped of for shipment unless its priority mail wich it cant be in this matter of time all sounds bogus but i could be trippin.... i just hate fuccin scumbag scammers.. also hate the United State Postal Service why would anyone use them???? ups,fed-ex,dhl, all the why depends on where you live but i have had SOOOOO many bad experiences with the USPS!!!!

ctmike
06-28-2008, 11:07 AM
update:
finally got the package yesterday. was at work when my girl texted me saying i got a box delivered and it looked like shi_t. figured she was just joking with me to have me worry bout it while at work. well, get home and the box was like she said, beat to shi_t. top of the box was dented in along with the sides. tears in the corners, small hole on one side and a hole on the bottom. after opening it up i saw no packaging around the sub whatsoever, but the bottom of the box had some wood around it with the sub screwed into it (really makeshift crate). had to clean up the sub a little due to wood glue dripping on it as their was glue all over the inside corners, thinking maybe he tried glueing the sub a little higher in the box? besides the sub being screwed into the wood, their was absolutely no packaging at all, nothing around motor, nothing. the bottom of the magnet appeared to be resting on the bottom of the box, so i'm not sure if it got hit by any post office workers dropping it or anything.

upon inspection, the cone looked o.k. (like i said, had to wipe off some wood glue), little dusty and a few small scratches but nothing i saw that looked like it would affect performance. when pushing on the cone it seems really stiff, however their was no noise i could make out as of yet when pushed on. magnet surprisingly didn't look to bad (no dents or nothing) but their where alot of scratches around the middle. no breaks in the basket as i saw as of yet. the only thing i did notice was when i lifted the sub and then turned it over i could hear a small sound, like something moving around inside it or something. nothing falls out though, but you can definately hear something moving (like a small piece of metal or something). not sure what it is, and i'm not the one to be taking apart a sub to see what it is (never did that before and really don't think i'd be able to). haven't dmm'd it or played it as i don't have a box nor dmm anymore (for now). but a box is being ordered at the moment so until then the sub sits in my closet, not being touched or anything.

i know this was lengthy, but just wanted to put this out publicly for if for some reason the sub doesn't work when i finally get my box ordered. at work now so i can't post pics (there was some taken though), or to inspect it better, but i will tomorrow morning if i don't get called in for ot. the only thing worrying me at the moment is the slight rattling of something inside it, never had a sub make any noise like this before (either ones' i bought new from store/dealer or used from a forum). and i will put this out there also, the packaging of the sub was horrible imo. nice touch trying to make the crate, however the rest of the sub had nothing at all protecting it from any possible shipping accidents.

zack39648
06-28-2008, 12:05 PM
sounds to me he shipped it poorly because it was a non working sub so he can blame the usps for it being busted ... hence why he told you "once it out of his hands " thing i would check it asap !

de81127
06-28-2008, 12:13 PM
free air it to check if it works at all

ctmike
06-28-2008, 01:42 PM
when i get the time (really busy with work) i'm definately checking it, and definately going over it again really good and try to see what exactly is making that noise. thanks for the bumps, and i hope he finally sees this thread and gets back to me through pms' finally. ***** if it doesn't work, really wanted to run this sub for a few months before switching subs again.

kovemaster559
06-28-2008, 01:44 PM
i would have skeeted in the box or farted n it and then when you open it it smells like ***

ctmike
06-28-2008, 01:50 PM
i would have skeeted in the box or farted n it and then when you open it it smells like ***

:uhoh:remind me to never buy from you then.

ctmike
06-28-2008, 11:23 PM
see if this works this time:
http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/ctmike77/?action=view&current=100_0776.jpg

ctmike
06-28-2008, 11:32 PM
first pic is one side of the box. second, the bottom corner where the wood broke through, then one of when i opened the box, to find no packaging materials used. last is of when i took the sub out (was screwed into the wood with 3 screws), again, no sort of packaging at all underneath the sub, which you can't tell good in the pic, but the magnet was resting very easily on the bottom of the box. also have another pic of the top of the box but for some reason not letting me load that one.

zack39648
06-28-2008, 11:40 PM
ahh by far the worst packing i have ever seen..................!!!!!!!

ctmike
06-28-2008, 11:43 PM

tell me about it, imagine coming home to seeing the sub you've been waiting on packaged like that.

and just received a pm from diehappy who said he received the sub in that box, and that he never used glue on it, and there were no holes or anything on the box when shipped. still doesn't explain the lack of proper packing material used by him though.

Naledge503
06-29-2008, 12:19 AM

I just bought some subs from a WELL respected seller on this forum. I waited 3 and 1/2 weeks to receive the subs after being told multiple times that they had been shipped even though the tracking info said otherwise. I get the subs and 3 out of the 4 subs baskets are damaged beyond fixing without getting recones and new baskets. He threw clothes into a box, then the sub, then more clothes on top. The subs were just flopping around in the boxes. They werent even packed tight in to the boxes and there was more than enough room for the subs to move around. They werent even double boxed. He wont refund me and says that its not his fault UPS jacked them up. I say that if they were packaged properly there would have been no issue. Now he is "trying to work with me" and says he can get recones and baskets cheap. I shouldnt have to be worrying about recones and baskets.

/rant

Sorry Mike, I know how you feel. It ***** ***. At least its in one piece though.

ctmike
06-29-2008, 12:22 AM
I just bought some subs from a WELL respected seller on this forum. I waited 3 and 1/2 weeks to receive the subs after being told multiple times that they had been shipped even though the tracking info said otherwise. I get the subs and 3 out of the 4 subs baskets are damaged beyond fixing without getting recones and new baskets. He threw clothes into a box, then the sub, then more clothes on top. The subs were just flopping around in the boxes. They werent even packed tight in to the boxes and there was more than enough room for the subs to move around. They werent even double boxed. He wont refund me and says that its not his fault UPS jacked them up. I say that if they were packaged properly there would have been no issue. Now he is "trying to work with me" and says he can get recones and baskets cheap. I shouldnt have to be worrying about recones and baskets.

/rant

Sorry Mike, I know how you feel. It ***** ***. At least its in one piece though.

****, that *****. hope everything gets worked out for you.

zack39648
06-29-2008, 12:28 AM
gd are people retards... shipping is common sense think about what it might go thru and pack it so it wont get damaged that simple gl to both of you!!

bigbangtheory
06-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Horrible packaging is the culprit in this case. ***** to have to wait so long to find your stuff might not even work.

Make him take care of it.

ctmike
06-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Horrible packaging is the culprit in this case. ***** to have to wait so long to find your stuff might not even work.

Make him take care of it.

trust me, already let him know to hold onto everything he got from the post office in the event of having to file a claim for this. just waiting on a box to throw this in and run it to be 100%.