PDA

View Full Version : Brake fluid. . .

miker
06-17-2008, 03:24 PM
****... It all came out.

It's on a BMW 325ix, it all came out in the same place right up front.

jco1385
06-17-2008, 03:24 PM
:clap:

grimreper912003
06-17-2008, 03:27 PM
pics?

edzy
06-17-2008, 03:28 PM
???

jdc753
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
where did it all come out from, the master cylinder? Front calipers? a brake line somewhere?

Rich B
06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Premature ebrakeulation?

miker
06-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Ok, we look out at the drive way this morning and there are two large puddles of brake fluid. On where the car was parked, and the other where my brother pushed on the brakes while backing out.

So pretty much it has all leaked out. It's leaking from one spot in the very front middle of the car.

If I can get any help from just that cool, I'm not sure when it will be home, have to decide if we wait until there's no traffic or get it towed or what.

miker
06-17-2008, 03:34 PM
where did it all come out from, the master cylinder? Front calipers? a brake line somewhere?

Pretty sure it's not from the calipers, since it is all from one location, not near the wheels.

dman4486
06-17-2008, 03:36 PM
just look at where it is coming from and fix it...what's the problem:confused:

jco1385
06-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Ok, we look out at the drive way this morning and there are two large puddles of brake fluid. On where the car was parked, and the other where my brother pushed on the brakes while backing out.

So pretty much it has all leaked out. It's leaking from one spot in the very front middle of the car.

If I can get any help from just that cool, I'm not sure when it will be home, have to decide if we wait until there's no traffic or get it towed or what.

get it towed. don't be a fckin idiot

edzy
06-17-2008, 03:39 PM
if its a line break, replace it, or atleast slide a hose over the broken line and clamp it. dont forget to bleed the ***** after refilling it.

jdc753
06-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Dead center of the car sounds like a line, jack up the front end crawl under there and check. If can't simply find it by looking around, have another person pump the brakes and see where it starts to squirt, may have to put some more fluid in for this. If its a line you should be be like a $2 fix if that maybe $35 if you don't got the tools to cut the lines and bend them. Some lines, 2 compression fittings or junction boxes or whatever you wanna use and splice in a new piece, or you could even replace the entire line if you feel better that way.

Probably best not to drive it unless you know what your doing.

jco1385
06-17-2008, 03:49 PM
if its a line break, replace it, or atleast slide a hose over the broken line and clamp it. dont forget to bleed the ***** after refilling it.

it would need to be replaced with either high PSI rated rubber hose that chem. resist. or a flared steel line. thats a lot of pressure. a hose clamp is no contest.

jdc753
06-17-2008, 03:54 PM
it would need to be replaced with either high PSI rated rubber hose that chem. resist. or a flared steel line. thats a lot of pressure. a hose clamp is no contest.

Its been a while since I bought the stuff but any local auto parts store will have brake lines and any fittings you need and you could even borrow or buy the tools there too I'm sure. All told less than the cost of the tow I would think to buy all parts tools and fluid. And yea as said above don't forget to bleed the lines after your done, hopefully the master cylinder isn't totally drained and you can just bleed the fronts, otherwise fill it up and bleed all 4 and you should be good to go.

Or I guess tow it to a shop and let them hold onto it for a day or two depending on how busy they are and pay the man.

jco1385
06-17-2008, 03:56 PM
they should have all the couplings and **** at the parts store. and you may have to buy a small pipe bender

miker
06-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Well, guess what..

It's not brake fluid, it's steering fluid.

I guess just thought it was brake fluid since that has been an issue, but taking a look at it and it's leaking from the rack..

edzy
06-18-2008, 03:47 PM
well, fix it.