PDA

View Full Version : Front speaker static?

Phlipbak
06-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Ok, ED NINe.2 on my front speaker EDi components, been running bout two years perfect.. wel instead of my subs cutting in and out and crackling, now my front speakers (only right side) are crackling, but it only did it this morning.. got back in my car this afternoon and it's not doing it anymore.. my RCA's are all plugged in fully and everthing on my amp.. confused? They aren't cutting in and out like subs were, just were staticy.

Thanks!

Phlipbak
06-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Anyone?

ttt

Phlipbak
06-18-2008, 01:21 AM
ttt

Phlipbak
06-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok, so I started changing the BAL on my headunit from left to right and noticed it is ONLY my right side door mid (which is part of a component set), that's it... hmm... so could this be the negative on the mid or does it sound more like the pos on the mid? If it was a bad signal from the amp altogether the tweet would do it too correct?

It has to be a faulty speaker terminal on the amp or bad connection on that mid..

Phlipbak
06-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Guys really.. come on this has to have happened to someone..

PaulD
06-19-2008, 11:38 PM
get a cheap speaker and wire it in the place of the bad mid and see if the problem is still there

Echo42987
06-20-2008, 09:34 AM
I doubt it's speaker wire...I'll put my money on the RCA as something like this has happened to me multiple times.

It'll work fine for awhile then all of sudden static or it will cut out. My vote RCAS. I'm replacing mine now.

To confirm play music out of the speaker and usually wiggling around the RCAS while plugged in will tell you. Because it'll start to cut out and or static will come through.

-Nick-

Phlipbak
06-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, I rewired the negative on the speaker (it was pretty frayed) and it fixed it so far..