pioneerpimp
06-14-2008, 07:11 PM
eh

regal8r
06-14-2008, 07:59 PM
eh, you'll just sell it a month after its all installed :rolleyes:

Queball
06-14-2008, 08:03 PM
good grief hurry up & get that thing finished.

Queball
06-14-2008, 08:04 PM
and post some more pics!!!

ctt0002
06-15-2008, 02:07 AM
I hate sneak peaks, it gets me so excited. Post up more pics!!!!

Supergumby5000
06-15-2008, 02:08 AM
I hate sneak peaks, it gets me so excited. Post up more pics!!!!

almost sig worthy

fbi90909
06-15-2008, 02:13 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture031-1.jpg

:veryhapp:

is that fiberglass/carbon fiber on the back of that thing?if it is it was done quite poorly.

90accordman
06-15-2008, 03:13 AM
i cant honestly tell whats going on in the middle there, but grats on the start either way

galacticmonkey
06-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Thats 2x4s screwed and fiberglassed onto 1.5" of MDF to make the back of the box.

ngsm13
06-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok.

nG

pd8731
06-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Great, another waste of thousands of dollars that could have bought somebody a loud system.

miker
06-19-2008, 05:58 PM
lol.. that's like over 2 grand in batteries alone...

90accordman
06-20-2008, 04:25 PM
lol.. that's like over 2 grand in batteries alone...

id say over 3

JL Audio
06-20-2008, 04:26 PM
id say over 3

i'd say it'll be a wasteful system either way from his past install... but let's hope not.

90accordman
06-20-2008, 04:30 PM
was talking with a friend, i dont know what Gmonks plans are exactly but if i was spending that much money on a build id match my batteries and make a nice battery rack and it also looks like alot of room wasted in between there

pd8731
06-20-2008, 05:01 PM
was talking with a friend, i dont know what Gmonks plans are exactly but if i was spending that much money on a build id match my batteries and make a nice battery rack and it also looks like alot of room wasted in between there

If I was spending that much money, I would hit more than 152 with 4 18s on more than 12k in a ******* WALL!

90accordman
06-20-2008, 05:05 PM
eh stuff happens when your not familiar with the equipment i guess. from my understanding that last build wasnt built really for numbers ever it just moved alot of air and thats it. i dont even know what hz he was peaking at really but i guess in 2010 when it might be done we'll see a finished product and be able to go from there

pd8731
06-20-2008, 05:12 PM
eh stuff happens when your not familiar with the equipment i guess. from my understanding that last build wasnt built really for numbers ever it just moved alot of air and thats it. i dont even know what hz he was peaking at really but i guess in 2010 when it might be done we'll see a finished product and be able to go from there

Numbers? Air mover? From my understanding it didn't do either. That's what happens when you have tons of money but no intelligence.

90accordman
06-20-2008, 05:17 PM
from the vids i seen it looked like it moved air
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QvizDaX9e_4&feature=related

JL Audio
06-20-2008, 06:34 PM
moving air and pressuring air apparently different things lol..

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 06:51 PM
It did move some air... It would do a huge hair trick with both doors wide open on alot of low bass music.

It didnt bassrace great because that was the first time it saw a meter. Didnt know peak note, had never even heard the song before I started the run, and my voltage was wayyy down from playing it for people. I was blasting the heck out of it for a good while, subs were real hot and voltage was real low when the run started.

The song had a note that was like 43-45hz... That was wayyy too high. Im guessing it peaked around 30-35hz. Thats where it was loudest to the ear, but I figured it would meter better a little higher. Guess not. The heat was killing everyone that day. 120 degrees on the blacktop parking lot. Even Jethro Eason could only do a 155-156 in Bassrace, when his van easily does a 158.x. If I was charged, used the right song, and the temperature was better, the score would have been way up. I know thats just a bunch of excuses, but take it for what it was worth. I wouldnt be surprised if it would Bassrace a 154-155 on a good day with the right conditions.

The entire setup was pretty much doomed from the start... Those subs just couldnt handle that much power at that ohm load in that box. Never fried a coil, but I was breaking tinsels all the time. Just wayyyy too much current.

Anyway, the new setup will be great. Will only be seeing about 750rms @ 1ohm a sub, so nothing will be breaking. Will be able to actually play it without worrying about breaking stuff, so thats always nice. Alot of people around here have seen it and say it should be retarded loud. Jethro swung by and checked it out and I guess he was saying that it should be absolutely brutal. And I guess Kicker heard about it from some people around here, and called up whining that I wasnt running Kicker amps in it haha.

The batteries dont look the same... 1/2 are blue, and 1/2 are black. So? Its the same battery, both HC2400s, just different casings. And its not as much as you would think. I got them straight from Kinetik for like $130 or so each shipped, brand new. Now Kinetik competitor pricing is just rediculous. Its double that.

The batteries will be covered anyway, and you wont see them. They are just temporary as well. The amprack is done. Amps mounted, wires ran, speaker wires ran, box finished, etc. Just need a trim pannel on the front of the box and we need subs to install. UPS ****ed the subs up bad, and they were returned to the warehouse before they even got here... Its being taken care of though. Just waiting for the subs to get here and we can wire it up and play it.

And pd, why you being such a douchebag? You used to always message me on AIM, I thought we were cool?

JL Audio
06-20-2008, 06:54 PM
It did move some air... It would do a huge hair trick with both doors wide open on alot of low bass music.

It didnt bassrace great because that was the first time it saw a meter. Didnt know peak note, had never even heard the song before I started the run, and my voltage was wayyy down from playing it for people. I was blasting the heck out of it for a good while, subs were real hot and voltage was real low when the run started.

The song had a note that was like 43-45hz... That was wayyy too high. Im guessing it peaked around 30-35hz. Thats where it was loudest to the ear, but I figured it would meter better a little higher. Guess not. The heat was killing everyone that day. 120 degrees on the blacktop parking lot. Even Jethro Eason could only do a 155-156 in Bassrace, when his van easily does a 158.x. If I was charged, used the right song, and the temperature was better, the score would have been way up. I know thats just a bunch of excuses, but take it for what it was worth. I wouldnt be surprised if it would Bassrace a 154-155 on a good day with the right conditions.

The entire setup was pretty much doomed from the start... Those subs just couldnt handle that much power at that ohm load in that box. Never fried a coil, but I was breaking tinsels all the time. Just wayyyy too much current.

Anyway, the new setup will be great. Will only be seeing about 750rms @ 1ohm a sub, so nothing will be breaking. Will be able to actually play it without worrying about breaking stuff, so thats always nice.

The batteries dont look the same... 1/2 are blue, and 1/2 are black. So? Its the same battery, both HC2400s, just different casings. And its not as much as you would think. I got them straight from Kinetik for like $130 or so each shipped, brand new. Now Kinetik competitor pricing is just rediculous. Its double that.

The batteries will be covered anyway, and you wont see them. They are just temporary as well. The amprack is done. Amps mounted, wires ran, speaker wires ran, box finished, etc. Just need a trim pannel on the front of the box and we need subs to install. UPS ****ed the subs up bad, and they were returned to the warehouse before they even got here... Its being taken care of though. Just waiting for the subs to get here and we can wire it up and play it.

And pd, why you being such a douchebag? You used to always message me on AIM, I thought we were cool?

good to hear, i'd rather be able to play mine all day than a few minutes and have to let them cool.

that's why I am downgrading from 2 stet 7kds to a 20.1 lol.. did you ever say what size subs? or how many?

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 06:56 PM
If I was spending that much money, I would hit more than 152 with 4 18s on more than 12k in a ******* WALL!

Yeah **** i was doing that with 4 15" audiopipes tuned to 28hz in a tahoe with a two audiopipe amps, my system cost less than his electrical system!! LOL he is a mommy and daddys boy anyhow!!

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 06:57 PM
good to hear, i'd rather be able to play mine all day than a few minutes and have to let them cool.

that's why I am downgrading from 2 stet 7kds to a 20.1 lol.. did you ever say what size subs? or how many?

LOL here we go!!

tooloud4tv
06-20-2008, 07:11 PM
smh why the phuck everyone bashing this guy because his scores ****** and he spent big money? jezz its his phucking money, he didnt do any of the build in his last install, he made an mistake thats all. nothing that hasn't been done EVER! give the guy an break not everyone has the tallent/skills to do there own work

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 07:13 PM
smh why the phuck everyone bashing this guy because his scores ****** and he spent big money? jezz its his phucking money, he didnt do any of the build in his last install, he made an mistake thats all. nothing that hasn't been done EVER! give the guy an break not everyone has the tallent/skills to do there own work

LOL thats funny!!

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah **** i was doing that with 4 15" audiopipes tuned to 28hz in a tahoe with a two audiopipe amps, my system cost less than his electrical system!! LOL he is a mommy and daddys boy anyhow!!

So your system could burp a 150.1 according to your sig. My last non walled system could do at that at 38hz with 3,800rms, tuned to 25hz. So I had less power, a lower tuned box, a bigger car, higher score, and a lower peak note. Your point is?

The 152 wasnt a burp, thats a 30 second AVERAGE. So no, your ghetto Audiopipe system isnt as loud as my non walled system, much less the wall.

And how am I a mommy/daddy boy? I live at their house for now, but worked a full time job and went to school full time, just like everyone else to pay for my stuff.

So memphis flex, lets see a hair trick then. Not a window cracked, roll them both all the way down and record it. If its just as loud, lets see it.

JL Audio
06-20-2008, 07:19 PM
So your system could burp a 150.1 according to your sig. My last non walled system could do that with 3,800rms, tuned to 25hz. The 152 wasnt a burp, thats a 30 second AVERAGE. So lets see your system do a hair trick if its so loud. Please, Id love to see it. :laugh:

And how am I a mommy/daddy boy? I live at their house for now, but worked a full time job and went to school full time, just like everyone else to pay for my stuff.

So memphis flex, lets see a hair trick then. Not a window cracked, roll them both all the way down and record it. If its just as loud, lets see it.

I think he's got it almost all sold now, apart from that, answer my question.

what are you running now company/size/number? don't have to say the model.. just want an idea.

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 07:21 PM
24 Ascendant Audio Chaos 15s
6 Sundown Audio SAZ-3000Ds
10 HC2400s (for now, temporary)
Powermaster Alternator

Will be doing Powermaster XS1000 batteries and running 16v when I can save up more money, but Im broke now.

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 07:22 PM
So your system could burp a 150.1 according to your sig. My last non walled system could do at that at 38hz with 3,800rms, tuned to 25hz. So I had less power, a lower tuned box, a bigger car, higher score, and a lower peak note. Your point is?

The 152 wasnt a burp, thats a 30 second AVERAGE. So no, your ghetto Audiopipe system isnt as loud as my non walled system, much less the wall.

I did that with 2000wrms there idiot!! and way way less than half the money you have wrapped up in your piece of **** expedition, hair tricks go under the lounge i have some posted, even my trunk cars doing hair tricks, and the tahoe is done now, untill the CRX is done then the 6 18s are going in ill blow the ford emblem off your grill then!!!

Cravingbass123
06-20-2008, 07:23 PM
**** man galacticmonkey i'm in Sarasota. Next time I'm going up to Tampa, I'll hit you up on here and maybe I can get a demo. Cone area tuned low is always nice. :)

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 07:24 PM
24 Ascendant Audio Chaos 15s
6 Sundown Audio SAZ-3000Ds
Powermaster Alternator

Will be doing Powermaster XS1000 batteries and running 16v when I can save up more money, but Im broke now.

Nice should be loud, and i did my install myself!! All by myself, nobody to help, and no audio shop doing it for me!!! And my next setup will be 6 18s, and around 7kw+ to each one for a street beater, maybe only a 30sec one but one loud *** one!!

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I dont even have a Ford anymore. :fyi:

untill the CRX is done then the 6 18s are going in

And my next setup will be 6 18s

Come see me when you stop talking about the big systems you getting, and start talking about the big system you have. Wait, you dont. :fyi:

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 07:28 PM
I dont even have a Ford anymore. :fyi:

Come see me when you have actually had a big system, not 4 $170 woofers.

And still those 4 $170 woofers did just as good as anyother woofer compareable!! And it nice being able to bump for hours and hours and hours and still pull a 150 with $170 woofers!!

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 07:29 PM
And why didnt you keep the good system??

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Burping a 150.1 isnt playing music in the 150s. Your car cant even Bassrace the 149.9 class competitively.

Im louder than you are, and than you ever will be. Go away. :fyi:

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Burping a 150.1 isnt playing music in the 150s. Your car cant even Bassrace the 149.9 class competitively.

Im louder than you are, and than you ever will be. Go away. :fyi:

You are not, but the people that build your **** for you are!! LOL and :fyi: i didnt build a bassracer, just a nice cheap daily driver that pulls 150s!!

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Its my car. I payed for all the equipment. I did the parts that I could of the build. So it is my system.

It can play a 150.1 on a good day on a test tone. Good for you. I was that loud 2 years ago.

When you have a system louder than mine, send me a PM and Ill make a thread and we can have the entire lounge watch. Until then, Im still louder than you, Mr. Gorilla.

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Its my car. I payed for all the equipment. I did the parts that I could of the build. So it is my system.

It can play a 150.1 on a good day on a test tone. Good for you. I was that loud 2 years ago.

When you have a system louder than mine, send me a PM and Ill make a thread and we can have the entire lounge watch. Until then, Im still louder than you, Mr. Gorilla.

OK deal!!! Middle of the winter the Tahoe should be done, waiting untill after the baby is born! Sorry for dumping in your thread!!

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Its not my thread. Everything posted on this board is property of Mr. Goob.

MEMPHISFLEX
06-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Its not my thread. Everything posted on this board is property of Mr. Goob.

Yeah thats it!! So everybodys Car Audio items in the forsale section is Mr. Goobs?? alot of people will say different

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 07:45 PM
It doesnt matter what they say.

miker
06-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Well this thread went to ****.. i was just interested in seeing what GM was going to do with his van :(

galacticmonkey
06-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I guess I could post another tease pic. Lets say its quite cozy in here...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture030-1-1.jpg

inapontiac
06-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Baffling......

bigbangtheory
06-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Honestly, I can't stand you as you think your **** don't stink and have proved it over and over on these boards. I just want to say, hopefully you don't fawk up all the equipment that is going in that van. If you do, don't post it, because you know what will be waiting for you.

Also I respect people more that do their own installs and actually know how to take care of their ****.

galacticmonkey
06-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Its impressive when people build their own systems... I can build or installs just about anything, but for me to do this build all by myself, at my pace, for the amount of time I have to work on it, it would probably never get done. And if it did, it would be most likely months and months of construction. Even then, it still wouldnt look as good as its going to look, because I just cant do trimwork and fiberglass like he can.

He does some real nice work, I can post pics of some of the cars he has done if anyone wanted to see. I know I cant build anything that looks half as good, so why bother?

Also, this is an Ascendant demo car, and he is an Ascendant dealer. So why not let him make it all pretty so when its being showed off, people like it more? Hopefully next year Id like to have it in the Ascendant booth in Daytona, so its definately going to get seen. In that case, ugly isnt an option.

Skip01
06-21-2008, 02:41 PM
So its goin like baffles side to side, not top to bottom?

Side to Side - Assman

Top to Bottom - Lil John

Just from the back pic i guessed it, could be wrong though

Good Luck.........ill be waiting for vids of it suckin in curtains ha

galacticmonkey
06-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Who says thats the baffle you see?

Skip01
06-21-2008, 02:58 PM
just looks that way from the back....doesnt looks wide enough to be going top to bottom

But could be wrong

galacticmonkey
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
This one pretty much shows what it is.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture034-3.jpg

lilmaniac2
06-21-2008, 03:11 PM
just like the hooptie meade is building?

Skip01
06-21-2008, 03:13 PM
I win, side to side

But thats a lil diff than normal clamshell by the looks of it.........like a 6th order shell or something......but agian....haha.....i could be wrong

This is gonna be nuts.....DEFFFFFFF making it down to SBN next year to get me a lil show of this

galacticmonkey
06-21-2008, 03:32 PM
just like the hooptie meade is building?

Na, its sideways, but thats about all they have in common.

More pics? Keep in mind its wayyyyy past what you see in pics. These were taken like 2 weeks ago.

galacticmonkey
06-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Noone likes the pics? :confused:

energizedsbs
06-21-2008, 06:31 PM
GM keep it up its looking good so far.... cant wait to hear it.. and i'll back Big Mikes work up any day of the week

bigbangtheory
06-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Do you have a timetable when this may be complete? I can't remember if you mentioned it or not?

Anyway, good luck on it, I am sure with someone with expierence doing it, it will come out sick. Just don't blow anything up!

Skip01
06-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Noone likes the pics? :confused:

We need more

Intrepid Bass
06-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Yes, moar.

skrilla22
06-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Why is everybody bashing this guy anyway? What the hell did he ever do to you guys? Or am i missing something..?

anyways nice system, post a couple more pics please :]

SirJoseph8989
06-21-2008, 11:52 PM
yes moar recent pics....nd that expo looked pretty **** loud IMO

req
06-22-2008, 12:00 AM
not really any good pics. just bad lighting, small, and quite vague.

not really sure what im looking at.

DaGh0st
06-22-2008, 12:30 AM
More pics in this thread is a must.

bball09124
06-22-2008, 12:35 AM
more

arizona
06-22-2008, 12:41 AM

Does this mean they might be going up for sale.... :D

galacticmonkey
06-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Why is everybody bashing this guy anyway? What the hell did he ever do to you guys? Or am i missing something..?

anyways nice system, post a couple more pics please :]

1) I ran 4 BTLs.
2) I ran my amps wayyy too low.
3) I kept breaking tinsels.
4) I got tired of it and ripped it out to go bigger.
5) Everyone flamed me.

This is basically all done now. UPS fawked up the order horribly and it was sent back to Scott before it even got here. So as soon as thats taken care of, it will be playing. Box is finished, whole back is finished, amps wired up, all wires ran, even the speaker wire is run through the box. Just a couple little cosmetic things need to be finished up. Besides that, just waiting on the subs to get here. Ready to wire them up and play it.

Oh snapz thats a big PORT.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture028-1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture032-1.jpg

bball09124
06-22-2008, 04:25 PM
pics down the middle!!! i want to see what is inside. so is it a 4th order? or just a sealed clamshell?

528hz
06-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Nice fvckin work man. Can't wait to see some more pics and vids!

mobeious
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
looks good,,, id like to see more bracing on that box

jeremiah
06-22-2008, 05:55 PM
12 15's sealed?

bball09124
06-22-2008, 06:23 PM
12 15's sealed?

double that. try 24 15"s sealed.

90accordman
06-22-2008, 06:23 PM
24 15s

galacticmonkey
06-22-2008, 06:58 PM
double that. try 24 15"s sealed.

Its not sealed. Its a 4th order.

So yeah, 24 15s in a bandpass, with 6 Sundown 3000Ds. Should be loud. Im 6'5 220 and if I put a stool in the ported chamber, I can sit in it. Not touching the sides or roof. At one point there were 3 people in there and it wasnt even cramped. Loading subs is going to be so easy compared to my last box. With the BTLs I had to take out a seat, have Lil Jon do a headstand in the clam while holding the subs with his feet, lean in on my back and hold the sub up as well, and have Big Mike screw it in.

This will be easy because you can just grab a sub, walk through the port, and mount the sub. You can actually walk around inside there. Last thing it needs is more bracing. Its all 1.5" thick inside, all resined and in some parts even glassed. Most places have 1.5" thick MDF, 2x4s, and then the 2x4s are braced by more MDF and sometimes thats even braced by more 2x4s. This box couldnt not be more solid. Theres like 1" rod going through the box, holding the port on. Its like a fawkin bomb shelter.

Keep in mind, its basically all done now. These are old pics. Just waiting on subs.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture029-1.jpg

528hz
06-22-2008, 07:02 PM
GAWD!!! That's going to be fun! When do you anticipate the subs arriving?

galacticmonkey
06-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Dont know... Shouldnt be too long.

2000LaDe
06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
sick as hell dude. cant wait to see this outcome. just hope it works out as well as planned. just hope the cancellation wont effect it too much.

90accordman
06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
way better pics then the other ones

galacticmonkey
06-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah, we were thinking a plain sealed would cancel a good bit, but since its a bandpass, it all kinda catches up as it exits through the port, or at least thats the idea.

energizedsbs
06-22-2008, 09:00 PM
thats *******... please hit me up when thats done. im 5 min from you

pd8731
06-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Where's the port?

galacticmonkey
06-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Its the hole you look into.

Its just really big.

galacticmonkey
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Want more opinions.

MTXman
06-23-2008, 02:13 PM
My prediction: Death caused by excessively loud deebeez.

Or something of that nature/sort.

Bodily harm is certain.

Oh and.. slightly louder than the 30 10's on the TL sealed up at the dash :uhoh:

bball09124
06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
You think there's a 160 in this?

jeremiah
06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I do

jeremiah
06-23-2008, 03:20 PM
what kind of subs?

JL Audio
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
what kind of subs?

chaos.

galacticmonkey
06-23-2008, 04:04 PM
No idea about what number it will do. As long as its loud when youre just jammin to some music Ill be happy.

massiveaudiocw
06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Who designed the 4th order? Justin? Eric?

galacticmonkey
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
The actual specifications were given to us by Scott. Then we just sat in the van for about 30 mins figuring out how to get the airspaces we needed.

SirJoseph8989
06-24-2008, 01:32 PM
ny updates on this or u still waiting on subs?

galacticmonkey
06-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Its done, just waiting on subs.

skateboardkid
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Hope subs come soon, want to see flex vids.

OoMesKoO
06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Wow.

I like it. Good work man.

jeremiah
06-25-2008, 12:11 PM
bump!

na_rsx
06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
fvck truck flex, i wanna see some decapitations lol

Blove1991
06-25-2008, 05:01 PM
PIcs of van?

I followed your thread and can't wait to see this get done.

bigbangtheory
06-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Got to admit, looks pretty impressive.

kovemaster559
06-25-2008, 05:13 PM
FAWQ. this is going to Insane!

galacticmonkey
06-25-2008, 08:11 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/IMG_2539.jpg

Blove1991
06-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Yumm :)

Queball
06-26-2008, 10:34 PM
You think there's a 160 in this?

if he loses 60lbs....

hurry up & get it done

....waiting on a battle of the vans

galacticmonkey
06-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Subs are in. Hopefully it will be ready for the show Sunday, we will see though.

Calikid
06-26-2008, 11:35 PM
vids.

Queball
06-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Subs are in. Hopefully it will be ready for the show Sunday, we will see though.

it's about time

see you sunday

no excuses....

DDeitz
06-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Good work man, ***** so many people flamed you. Hopefully you move as much air as planned.

orangecounty1
06-27-2008, 08:38 AM
pics of amp rack or stfu

jeremiah
06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
!!!!!!!

JL Audio
06-27-2008, 11:36 AM
how about some vids considering i'll never see it in person anyhow.. yay.

528hz
06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Vids!!!!! Vids!!!!!!!! Vids!!!!!!!!!

(at least pics.....Christ)

JEXTEL
06-27-2008, 12:09 PM
vids today or die..lol

ascendantsubs1
06-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Yea this is bigger than almost anyones install here, so your gonna get hated on :D

**** them fegs, this thing is gonna b nutty as hell

Ascendant Audio FTW

shortyg83
06-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Yea i just wanna see finished pics

Andrew12
06-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Bump for vids

energizedsbs
06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
it's about time

see you sunday

no excuses....

wheres the show at??

Queball
06-27-2008, 07:25 PM
wheres the show at??

Mild 2 Wild,
702 E. Bearss Ave.,
Tampa, FL 32613,

galacticmonkey
06-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Just got home... Was down at the shop from about 11:45am-9pm. It was makin some noise... My camera doesnt work 1/2 the time and I forgot it anyway, so no videos yet.

Theres a problem with one of the amps going into protect when I really get on it, just gotta figure out whats causing that. Havent tried anything with low notes yet, but up at the higher notes, like 45 and up it rattles your teeth. So just gotta figure out whats making that one amp freak out and Ill be in business. Hopefully we can get it taken care of tomorrow so I can make the show Sunday. We'll see what happens though, cant promise anything.

So as soon as we get the mids/highs in and get the amp problem solved, I think Ill be real happy with it. When its sealed up it just about rips the doors off the hinges. Gotta get the problem fixed before I can really crank it and play some music though. When you're putting 24 subs, 6 huge amps, 10 batteries, tons of wire, etc in a car, something is bound to go wrong. Its how it works though... All big systems go through that. My last one took a good bit of tweaking before it started playing right. Johnnys setups with the 18 15s would always freak out before he took a solid day just troubleshooting and tweaking the amps and settings.

We'll see though. Just gotta figure out the amp thing and we're in business. If we can get the amp taken care of, get the front trim pannel on, the mids/highs wired up, it will be totally done. Then when I got everything fully finished and done playing with it, Ill take new pics and make some videos (if my camera works).

Thats the update for now.

JEXTEL
06-27-2008, 10:50 PM
fix that van, camera, and get them speakers in or DIE!! haha LOL

galacticmonkey
06-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Speakers are in... Read my message again lol

They are in, just having a problem with an amp going into protect. 99% sure its not the amp though because if you turn it off and turn it right back on it works just fine again.

orangecounty1
06-28-2008, 02:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/pimpedout92x/7f46c0f445fa.jpg

tooloud4tv
06-28-2008, 11:30 AM
nice g-monk! ill be joing the 24 subs club REALLYY soon! good luck with the troubleshooting

assman
06-28-2008, 11:56 AM
nice g-monk! ill be joing the 24 subs club REALLYY soon! good luck with the troubleshooting

been there done that moved on to smaller things.:D
Cant wait to see some numbers from the beast

galacticmonkey
06-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah, thats just quick cell phone shot of the subs...

About to leave to go finish things up hopefully.

kovemaster559
06-28-2008, 12:57 PM

X3 here

meade916
06-28-2008, 03:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/pimpedout92x/7f46c0f445fa.jpg

Gmonk.........that is BAD AS HELL!!

it reminds me of the Caddy im doing except i had to use mirrors to make it look like that many subs :D :D :D

good ***** my brotha, good *****! :cool:

tooloud4tv
06-28-2008, 04:38 PM
been there done that moved on to smaller things.:D
Cant wait to see some numbers from the beast

lol just didnt have the balls to do the 10s randy ur still my hero! lets just say 20+subs club thats betteR?

galacticmonkey
06-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Well still havent gotten all the bugs worked out... There is 1 amp that keeps going into protect on low notes, mainly when the doors are open.

But with the deck just over 1/2, EQ volume on 1/2, and sub level on 1/2, its NASTY. Doors closed and windows down is straight up violent. Even completely sealed up its pretty much just as loud.

Got a line driver put in today to help boost the signal. After we put the line driver in so far the rear view mirror came off instantly, and after a couple short tones the emblems/badge on my passanger door broke off. Its just a nasty amount of pressure it creates. For some reason the subs are barely even moving... Maybe 1/2" excursion at most. Not sure why, gotta figure that out. As it is the pressure makes it pretty hard to even breathe. Even just sitting on the floor of the cabin I reach for the steering wheel or door pannel to grab onto because it makes you so dizzy. You can actually feel it **** you in on the higher notes and push you out on the lower notes.

So far Im real happy with the sound it makes, even though its not even playing correctly yet, and hasnt really been turned up much past half. Batteries are sitting at right around 12v, and havent even installed the alt yet or anything like that. So Im guessing if its as loud as it is now, when everything is completely finished, its going to be rediculous.

jeremiah
06-28-2008, 06:59 PM
wow

Skip01
06-28-2008, 07:01 PM
SWEEEEET man

Good Luck on that

VIDS as soon as ya can

bball09124
06-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Well still havent gotten all the bugs worked out... There is 1 amp that keeps going into protect on low notes, mainly when the doors are open.

But with the deck just over 1/2, EQ volume on 1/2, and sub level on 1/2, its NASTY. Doors closed and windows down is straight up violent. Even completely sealed up its pretty much just as loud.

Got a line driver put in today to help boost the signal. After we put the line driver in so far the rear view mirror came off instantly, and after a couple short tones the emblems/badge on my passanger door broke off. Its just a nasty amount of pressure it creates. For some reason the subs are barely even moving... Maybe 1/2" excursion at most. Not sure why, gotta figure that out. As it is the pressure makes it pretty hard to even breathe. Even just sitting on the floor of the cabin I reach for the steering wheel or door pannel to grab onto because it makes you so dizzy. You can actually feel it **** you in on the higher notes and push you out on the lower notes.

So far Im real happy with the sound it makes, even though its not even playing correctly yet, and hasnt really been turned up much past half. Batteries are sitting at right around 12v, and havent even installed the alt yet or anything like that. So Im guessing if its as loud as it is now, when everything is completely finished, its going to be rediculous.
you decide if you are bringin it to mild to wild tomorrow?

galacticmonkey
06-28-2008, 07:16 PM
No show for me tomorrow. Still gotta work the bugs out and get it playin the way it should be.

SirJoseph8989
06-28-2008, 07:21 PM
yeah def. need to post some vids nd finished pics....hopefully il be able to see this monster at a show sooner or later

mdillon
06-28-2008, 08:13 PM

your amp has a short my friend. had one do the same exact thing, played until half volume then shut off. you need a new amp

galacticmonkey
06-28-2008, 08:56 PM
But its testing out just fine. The weird thing is when we disconnected that 1 amp and tried playing it, all the others went into protect.

We have tested EVERYTHING with a DMM and it all checks out fine... Amp output voltage, remote voltage, battery voltage, speaker impedances, load at amp, made sure they were all in phase, etc.

JEXTEL
06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
so what happen today????

Skip01
06-29-2008, 10:48 PM
My 500.1s did that when i had a blown sub

Would play fine up until about 50% volume than out

galacticmonkey
06-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Now we're thinking it might just be voltage... Dont even have my alt in and havent charged the batteries. So thats the guess for now. Going to put it on a real slow charge and let it soak it up for a while and see how that works.

So If thats the problem, it explains all the "symptoms". I guess that one amp starts clipping out from the voltage (dropping to like 11.2) and shutting off. That would explain that, and also why the subs are barely moving, since if the voltage is sooo low, they wouldnt be getting as much power.

The more we keep playin it, the louder it keeps on getting. As it keeps loosening up, its just getting rediculous. With a full charge its going to be insane. Eventually when I step it up to 16v.... Yeah. :wow:

jeremiah
06-29-2008, 11:33 PM
what do you think it will bass race?

galacticmonkey
06-29-2008, 11:47 PM
No idea.

JEXTEL
06-30-2008, 12:07 AM
so g-monk what are you driving daily?

galacticmonkey
06-30-2008, 12:10 AM
I got 1 car, and this is it.

Andrew12
06-30-2008, 12:10 AM
looks loud.

JEXTEL
06-30-2008, 01:06 AM

whats in the car?

Calikid
06-30-2008, 01:07 AM
whats in the car?

U haven't been paying attention have u?

Calikid
06-30-2008, 01:07 AM

That's gangsta :)

JEXTEL
06-30-2008, 01:12 AM
U haven't been paying attention have u?

reading > me

I thought he was trying to say he has 1 car and this..lol but **** how the hell are you going to drive this everywhere? 8mpg??

galacticmonkey
06-30-2008, 01:26 AM
That's gangsta :)

Gangster would be having 7 other cars. :laugh:

I just dont drive long distances and dont just randomly drive around.

Deephitters Mag
06-30-2008, 01:39 AM
I need a demo whe I get down there G-Monk

JL Audio
06-30-2008, 06:13 AM
I need a demo whe I get down there G-Monk

actually not going to challenge him :/? wow.

Deephitters Mag
06-30-2008, 10:14 AM
actually not going to challenge him :/? wow.I might have memory problems but I don't recall challenging anyone on this forum and don't want to.

kovemaster559
06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
fight fight fight fight fight!!

Deephitters Mag
06-30-2008, 10:59 AM
fight fight fight fight fight!! Na, no fight. I'm done with internet fighting. G-Monk, you should be in the 160db range musically

orangecounty1
06-30-2008, 11:02 AM
i doubt 160db maybe high 150s

kovemaster559
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
i like gmonk . hes a cool dude. kinda reminds me of my lil bro. only white

kovemaster559
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Na, no fight. I'm done with internet fighting. G-Monk, you should be in the 160db range musically

i aggree but that is going to be hard to do

galacticmonkey
06-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Well it does build up a SHITload of pressure. I dont see why Bassracing in the high 150s should be a problem... Johnnys van will BR a 157 and mine is quite a bit louder already. Over time when I keep tweaking things and way down the road when I have money to step up to 16v this thing will just keep getting louder.

Even if it doesnt meter worth a ****, it still doesnt change the way it sounds. Its actually hard to even take a breath in there. And keep in mind, we havent turned it up very high yet either.

JL Audio
06-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I might have memory problems but I don't recall challenging anyone on this forum and don't want to.

could have sworn you're the one always posting vids going against other people with your system??

maybe you took it the wrong way but "I don't recall" being rude if that's how I came off :confused::rolleyes:

528hz
06-30-2008, 11:26 AM
At least give us a "speak peak vid"............c'mon man, you're killin us!

galacticmonkey
06-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah, for some reason I typed speak instead of sneak. Im retarded.

Anyway, Ill get videos up as soon as its all done. Just gotta get the front trim pannel in and some mids/highs in.

I got some more mids/highs to go in too. So right now it will be:

8 Eminence Alpha 6s
2 Eminence Alpha 10s
4 Eminence Alpha Tweeters
2 Sundown SAX-100.2s

528hz
06-30-2008, 11:33 AM

Anyway, Ill get videos up as soon as its all done. Just gotta get the front trim pannel in and some mids/highs in.

8 Eminence Alpha 6s
2 Eminence Alpha 10s
2 Sundown SAX-100.2s

I gotcha buddy........just had to request again, and take a shot at ya:). I can't wait to see this thing.

I think I'm more excited to see this than to get my new sub and amp installed this weekend!

orangecounty1
06-30-2008, 11:35 AM
lol theres no Alpha tweeters ;)

Deephitters Mag
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
could have sworn you're the one always posting vids going against other people with your system??

maybe you took it the wrong way but "I don't recall" being rude if that's how I came off :confused::rolleyes:

Yes I am the guy with the streetbattle videos. I apologize for my reply then, I stand corrected, I fail. What I do here in the streets is not how I am as a person. I do the streetbattle thing because of the interest to the car audio game in general and that style is what is popping here. I like to see other people do it big and I know there is a bunch of guys that have better systems than I. G-Monk Bass will smash mine and no scared to admit it.

Deephitters Mag
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM

8 Eminence Alpha 6s
2 Eminence Alpha 10s
2 Sundown SAX-100.2s

Do you think maybe that's not enough vocals for that amount of Bass?

orangecounty1
06-30-2008, 12:11 PM
he said he got "more" mids

meaning he already has some, plus those listed ;)

Deephitters Mag
06-30-2008, 12:17 PM
sorry, i missed that, thanks

90accordman
06-30-2008, 12:39 PM
still anxiously waiting some vids of this thing

orangecounty1
06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
its all a lie none of this is really in his van

Pioneer~Saturn
06-30-2008, 04:11 PM
^haha

galacticmonkey
06-30-2008, 05:24 PM
its all a lie none of this is really in his van

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah, I had the 8 6s and 4 tweets, but now I have the 2 10s also. Thats all thats going in for now. When I get more money, Im going to get more though. Id like to do my doors with like 4 sets of components each. Just some simple Kickers or something. Then theres always more room behind my seats where I could do more mids/highs, but we will see when I have money.

Pioneer~Saturn
06-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Any pic-a-tures?

JL Audio
06-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Yes I am the guy with the streetbattle videos. I apologize for my reply then, I stand corrected, I fail. What I do here in the streets is not how I am as a person. I do the streetbattle thing because of the interest to the car audio game in general and that style is what is popping here. I like to see other people do it big and I know there is a bunch of guys that have better systems than I. G-Monk Bass will smash mine and no scared to admit it.

I never meant it as omg you're not challenging him either.. I just like to see those videos lol.. nothing better than people with big systems trying to prove their the big guns on the streets. With bass of course :). still if you all are ever around each other, make a vid for us guys for the fun of it. Sorry we took each other the wrong way.

but **** gmonk best be able to be heard here in KY from there lol.

galacticmonkey
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Well the batteries were sitting so long they wouldnt take a charge... When playing it was dropping to 11v. Even at rest they were only at 12v. We also found that the bussbars were a little curved and werent making the best contact with the batteries, so were going to put some washers on them.

The amprack is off, batteries are out, and they are each individually getting a very slow, deep charge. Basically reviving the batteries back from the dead, because when we tried to charge the entire bank, it just wouldnt take a charge.

So with the bussbars not making very good contact and the batteries at 11-12v, the subs were seeing basically no power. When the battery problem is resolved, and we see some actual voltage, Im guessing it will be quite a bit louder. As it is, the subs were barely even moving. Lets just hope this solves the problem.

I just wish I had the money to go to 16v right now...

pioneerpimp
07-05-2008, 02:05 PM
why still no pictures and an excuse for everything

get this **** done!

post more pictures

JEXTEL
07-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Well the batteries were sitting so long they wouldnt take a charge... When playing it was dropping to 11v. Even at rest they were only at 12v. We also found that the bussbars were a little curved and werent making the best contact with the batteries, so were going to put some washers on them.

The amprack is off, batteries are out, and they are each individually getting a very slow, deep charge. Basically reviving the batteries back from the dead, because when we tried to charge the entire bank, it just wouldnt take a charge.

So with the bussbars not making very good contact and the batteries at 11-12v, the subs were seeing basically no power. When the battery problem is resolved, and we see some actual voltage, Im guessing it will be quite a bit louder. As it is, the subs were barely even moving. Lets just hope this solves the problem.

I just wish I had the money to go to 16v right now...

at least this is progress..but PLZ post pics.lol

galacticmonkey
07-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Theres nothing to post pics of.

galacticmonkey
07-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah, gotta charge them individually. They were so drained that they wouldnt take a charge, so we gotta do each battery by itself very slowly. Kinda nurse them back to where they should be.

97cavy
07-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Nice to see cone area making such a comeback! Good luck with the van!

JEXTEL
07-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Theres nothing to post pics of.

bro..there's always something to post pics of..lol

528hz
07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
In for any updates......what's the "score?"

galacticmonkey
07-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Well its all finished... Will be at the DB Drag in Spring Hill thats Sunday the 12th. Only thing left to do is get my alternator on. Hopefully It will be on by the show, because without it I cant really play it too hard.

The batteries were slow charged for 2 days straight and when it was fully charged up it was WAYYYYYYYY louder. Im talking night and day difference. This box with these subs has potention to be a serious Bassraces, just need some battery/amp power behind it. As it is, the amps are doing all they can, but are really limited by my batteries. So Im really not seeing all the power I should be right now but its still pretty loud. It will play loud for ages, and the subs wont even get warm... But the amp will shut off because voltage gets too low. Hopefully that will be solved when the alt goes in. We did find out the problem was battery voltage though, since the amp was just fine when it was charged up.

Did just a few minutes of testing AFTER the batteries were already discharged again (too busy listening when it was charged up :cool:) and it will do a high 156 to low 157 @ 35-40hz range (thats sealed up, mic on dash) until hell freezes over. Subs dont even get warm. When the voltage problem is solved it will be able to do those numbers al day. No reason I wont be able to crank it up that loud, walk away, and just let it play. So thats some rough numbers for now, and they will only go up. When I get a bunch of Powermaster 16vs and some more 16v alts, I dont see why it wont be able to be playing music in the upper 150s, MAYBE even touchin a 160 on music.

Only time will tell though, so we will see how it happens. Ill be at the show, 95% sure I wont be competing though, just playing it for people. Thats only if my alternator is on by then though, it should be.

Ill have finished pics up tomorrow. Ill make a new thread and put a link to it here.

req
07-09-2008, 07:34 PM
pictures or all these numbers are erroneous.

galacticmonkey
07-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Ill have finished pics up tomorrow. Ill make a new thread and put a link to it here.

Those were just some quick numbers. Toss the mic in the car, play a couple things, and we were done.

When I get the voltage problrm solved, Ill really spend some time dealing with dialing it in, finding my note, doin some Bassrace runs, etc.

Not too worried about numbers though. It does decent numbers now, and they will go way up once I get some real power. Even then, its still just a daily driven ground pounder, so meter is second. Loud to the ear is all I care about, and it sure is.

R/T Pimp
07-10-2008, 12:09 AM

G-monk I have always loved reading about your setups because you put together the type of systems I enjoy. But I will ask you to leave anything related to Gorilla out of your mouth. It is between you and Caylor not Team Gorilla and G-monk. I will leave it at that. Sorry for jumping in on a negative note but I must speak my peace because Team Gorilla effects a lot of people. But understand I was only hear to see your build because I love your builds so please understand I am not trying to start garbage. So more pics please.

kminatta
07-10-2008, 09:05 AM
i'm new to this level of car audio so forgive my ignorance, but i have to ask, what does a system like this cost?

pd8731
07-10-2008, 09:28 AM
i'm new to this level of car audio so forgive my ignorance, but i have to ask, what does a system like this cost?

Approximately 1.28 bajillion dollars.

bball09124
07-10-2008, 02:09 PM

$12,000 is a rough guess from a few things I added up. Plus the cost of the van.

galacticmonkey
07-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Well its all finished... Had to take the line driver out (wasnt mine), so now it has no line driver in it. Mine should be here tomorrow though. Without it, each amp is only seeing like 1.5 volts. :verymad:

Anyway, its still pretty loud, but nowhere near as loud as it will be with the line driver/alternator in. Ill take some pics in a bit, but gotta wait for my camera to charge.

galacticmonkey
07-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Just waiting on photobucket now to finish uploading pics.

galacticmonkey
07-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Still need to clean it up, wash it, and get all the saw dust and crap off everything so it looks better. Pretty dirty right now though. Not finished though. Going to have more highs inside the cabin when I get money (obviously), glassed doors, glassed center console, and some extra stuff on the amprack like more speakers and some logos on the black thing.

Its not anywhere near "finished", but its all playing, and it looks pretty good now. As said, still need to put the line driver in and hook up my alternator. Will make a huge difference since right now the batteries sit at like 12v and the voltage drops so low that the amps shut off. Havent gotten the subs even close to hot/stinky yet, and I was beating on it pretty good.

So far:
Ive broken my rear view mirror off.
Driver door cant be locked/unlocked from the outside, and cant be opened from inside.
Both sun visors had the clips break off and are kinda sagging.
Knocked the Chevy emblem off passanger door.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture005-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture004.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture010-3.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture010-3.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture009-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture008-4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture012-4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture014-3.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture011-4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture013-3.jpg

tapout
07-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Sick.

Deephitters Mag
07-10-2008, 07:59 PM
****! I will go to my corner now

galacticmonkey
07-10-2008, 08:00 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture001-4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture002-1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galamonkey/Picture003-1.jpg

MTXman
07-10-2008, 09:09 PM
omfgboner.

Cravingbass123
07-10-2008, 09:13 PM
holy balls on my face

mobeious
07-10-2008, 09:22 PM
vids? looks sick

Skip01
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Gonna **** later on when you realize you still drive a work van around daily

Still sick

miker
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
That looks really amazing :D

orangecounty1
07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
niceeeeeee

miker
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
niceeeeeee

Hmm. he managed to finish before you ;)

Propimp
07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
so when is the next time you be in the largo area? I want to here this ****ing thing

casper97ta
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Wow man, install looks plain awesome. Really good job on this man.

galacticmonkey
07-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Wow man, install looks plain awesome. Really good job on this man.

Thats Big Mikes work. I cant make stuff look that pretty... Wish I could though.

tc3k101
07-10-2008, 11:12 PM
thats just insane

Corey J.
07-10-2008, 11:20 PM
:eek::eek:Thats sooooooo badassssssss:crazy::wow:

ngsm13
07-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Vids.

nG

Deephitters Mag
07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
very clean, good work

jnralp00
07-10-2008, 11:25 PM
looks badazz... props to the installer :thumbsup:

80INCHES
07-10-2008, 11:54 PM
i wanna fuc.k after lookin at that amp rack

TypecamaroR
07-11-2008, 12:10 AM
that amp rack looks real nice

528hz
07-11-2008, 01:03 AM
GOD- FVCKEN-DAMMM!!!!!!! :awesome:

That has to be the sickest build I've seen from this site yet. Wish I could see it in person.

Amazing...

JEXTEL
07-11-2008, 01:53 AM

Still sick

X2

maybe some 22's, paint and tint..

galacticmonkey
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
I cant play it with the radio in the dash since it skips horribly, so I gotta hold the CD player in my hand. All the in and out disconnected the wire nut on the remote and ground last night, so at one point I turned it on and had no volume Checked the HU connections and there was my problem. Was a 5 minute fix though, so no big deal. Now they have bigger wire nuts, a zip tie holding wires together before it goes into the wire nut, electrical tape over that, then another ziptie on the tape. Real strong now.

Cleaned up the inside a bit just now as well. Doesnt look as dusty anymore. Now Im out to wash the car since it hasnt been washed in literally months. Its got like a 1" thick layer of dust and water spots on the entire car. Going to look much better now that its all cleaned up.

Might try to get my alternator in tomorrow morning before the show.

vetkilr
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Dang bro...now I got to hurry and get me new stuff in...Got to love tampa.
J

Reson8
07-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh wow, I gotta drive down to Tampa and see this thing! :eek:

dbhittin
07-12-2008, 01:24 PM
lol at everyone talking ****.. that thing is insane

MikeATL
07-12-2008, 02:40 PM
That's over the top man - nice install too. I need to buy stock in Loctite w/as much as you're gonna need to hold that thing together lol

req
07-12-2008, 03:18 PM
finally some good pictures.

i like it. now get alt(s) and come to va beach so i can hear it.

J31Rob
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM

just another system that you put no work in on.

not impressed. i could also spend thousands of someone else's dollars to get a loud system built.

miker
07-12-2008, 03:26 PM

just another system that you put no work in on.

not impressed. i could also spend thousands of someone else's dollars to get a loud system built.

He spent thousands of his own dollars ;)

galacticmonkey
07-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, It was my money I worked for. I did put work in on it. The majority was Big Mike, but I still did some parts that I could. You would be surprised to hear who has built some of the loudest cars around.

Whats your deal though? You're just some angry kid who has never had a system worth even a second glance, yet just comes online and talks **** about everyone else. Get some counciling or something, being that negative all the time isnt good for your health.

chinxtaboi
07-12-2008, 06:53 PM
theres always haters out there. whether he built it himself or not doesnt matter, its still fvckn impressive.

galacticmonkey
07-12-2008, 11:31 PM
http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59629#post59629

Pics and vids from show today.

teamsolo
07-12-2008, 11:39 PM
that some nice flexs

galacticmonkey
07-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Everyone asked for videos then 1 person watches em? :confused:

Blazin_Jason
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
I watched em

gordos420
07-13-2008, 08:29 PM
thats some sick *** flex

ScreechingHalt
07-13-2008, 08:50 PM
dam thats nice

Reson8
07-13-2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59629#post59629

Pics and vids from show today.

Wait wait wait....there was a spring hill show? Where? FFS I am like 20 minutes away from there! :crap:

Skip01
07-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Is that not you playing the van?

Did you lose a TONNNN of weight if that was you?

And why not with windows down?

JL Audio
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Is that not you playing the van?

Did you lose a TONNNN of weight if that was you?

head/face is the same, shoulders down though gmonk is chugging the slim fasts.

:rolleyes: I joke. Nice setup bro.

JEXTEL
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM

X2

orangecounty1
07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/pimpedout92x/ecolinekx1.jpg

Techchild
07-13-2008, 11:03 PM

I made that what website did you find that on because I want credit

Here is the original

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1200/autowpruchevroletexpresrq6.jpg

galacticmonkey
07-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I lost alot of weight. Now Im like 6'5 and 210lbs.

I was doing it sealed up because the shop owners were complaining for me playing it. Those guys were douchebags.

the727kid
07-14-2008, 03:00 AM
Going to the show Sat in ppark?

galacticmonkey
07-14-2008, 03:07 AM
Ed and Jethro's show?

the727kid
07-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Yea

DDeitz
07-14-2008, 06:46 AM

Still sick

gunna **** when you realize your a shallow materialistic person who does not know how to live their own life but must fit in with the rest of society.

DDeitz
07-14-2008, 07:03 AM

that van is beautiful the ONLY thing im not a huge fan of is the front bumper it seems to too big

Skip01
07-14-2008, 12:53 PM
gunna **** when you realize your a shallow materialistic person who does not know how to live their own life but must fit in with the rest of society.

I refuse to recognize anything from Canada in real life

And i already realized that at birth.............im normal

galacticmonkey
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, who cares that its a van? What other kind of vehicle could you fit this kind of equipment into? Its not fast, its not gangster with big rims, its not expensive, its not going to have girls drooling like some douchebags Corvette, but whatever. I didnt buy it to look cool, I bought it because its what I like and what I want.

That van photoshop is sweet. I wish mine looked like that.

528hz
07-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Nizz-ice, that's just grizz-ate!

I wish I could hear that thing in person man. Any numbers from her yet?

orangecounty1
07-14-2008, 05:59 PM
I made that what website did you find that on because I want credit

idk i saved it a while back haha

galacticmonkey
07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Alternator is in. :cool:

pd8731
07-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Nizz-ice, that's just grizz-ate!

I wish I could hear that thing in person man. Any numbers from her yet?

MC PEE PANTS, IN THE HIZZY

galacticmonkey
07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Batteries are up to around 13v since I got the Powermaster alt in and its been on a really tiny battery charger basically around the clock the last couple days.

Havent listened to it since I put the alt in, but should be a little louder since voltage is starting to come back up.

Pioneer~Saturn
07-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Alternators are in. Should be getting the other 2 alt's soon.. :cool:

Fixed :D ;)

Nice vids too...those doors were goin pretty wild

Skip01
07-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Whats it peak at?

What song ya think youll use for bassrace?

galacticmonkey
07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Couldnt even tell ya... It peaks right a little below 40hz. Dont even know what song is best, havent tested that much yet.

Right now its basically just a waiting game until I have money to do something else, whether its more mids/highs, nicer deck, or 16v.

captaincheesey
07-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Couldnt even tell ya... It peaks right a little below 40hz. Dont even know what song is best, havent tested that much yet.

Right now its basically just a waiting game until I have money to do something else, whether its more mids/highs, nicer deck, or 16v.

My vote on what should come first. Followed by the nicer head unit and then the mids and highs.

Rashaddd
07-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Did you ever get the issue with the amp resolved? And what did it end up being? because your description sounds exactly like what my amp is doing right now.

And that door looks like its going through a hurricane, god dam.

tsenfw
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Holy crap your doors look like they are going to go flying off

galacticmonkey
07-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Did you ever get the issue with the amp resolved? And what did it end up being? because your description sounds exactly like what my amp is doing right now.

And that door looks like its going through a hurricane, god dam.

Low battery voltage. One amp was gained up higher to put out the same as the others, and because of that, it was always the first to go into protect.

Hasnt been happening since I got my alternator in. Still havent really gotten on it loud since Ive gotten the alternator installed though, havent had any reason to. So Im not really sure if its that much louder.... The amps are seeing 12.9-13v at rest now though. Still *****, but is much better than the 12v they were seeing at rest before. I guess the alt and little charger being on all the time IS doing something.

Rashaddd
07-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Low battery voltage. One amp was gained up higher to put out the same as the others, and because of that, it was always the first to go into protect.

Hasnt been happening since I got my alternator in. Still havent really gotten on it loud since Ive gotten the alternator installed though, havent had any reason to. So Im not really sure if its that much louder.... The amps are seeing 12.9-13v at rest now though. Still *****, but is much better than the 12v they were seeing at rest before. I guess the alt and little charger being on all the time IS doing something.

Alright thanks, I'm runnin like 1200+ on a 60 amp alt and crap battery, but I'm switchin that out for a YT asap so hopefully that stops it

Sick build man, get some more flex vids up :crazy:

galacticmonkey
07-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I was trying to run 18,000 on a stock 85 amp alt for a while. Doesnt work. :fyi:

Borrowed a bigger battery charger... So we will see if this helps at all.

ngsm13
07-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Ha. Put it on 200amp engine start... then start wangin.

Lulz.

nG

galacticmonkey
07-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Ill just plug my batteries into the wall. That will work great right? ;)

DDeitz
07-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I was trying to run 18,000 on a stock 85 amp alt for a while. Doesnt work. :fyi:

Borrowed a bigger battery charger... So we will see if this helps at all.

you need a cap bra maybe even 2 or 3!!!!!! then that **** will wang and blow out your back window !!!!!!!:eek::cool::D:emb::p::mad::crazy:

DePratt
07-20-2008, 06:45 AM
you need a cap bra maybe even 2 or 3!!!!!! then that **** will wang and blow out your back window !!!!!!!:eek::cool::D:emb::p::mad::crazy:

hope you wernt serious there bra

DDeitz
07-20-2008, 09:13 AM
hope you wernt serious there bra

he would deff blow his back window out if his voltage wouldnt drop so low 85 amp alt on 10,000 watts you DEFF need like 2 or 3 caps for that no other way you can do it!!!

bigbangtheory
07-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Nice vids, although they were short and congrads on the weight loss!

Skip01
07-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Yehhh....what did you do for the weight loss?

And are you gonna actually BassRace this or more demo than anything?

2000LaDe
07-20-2008, 11:37 AM
i know u have metered it. what u hittin right now?

galacticmonkey
07-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Theres numbers posted somewhere already... Not anywhere near what it can be with batteries that are all messed up and cant take a charge.

Thanks on the compliments... Lost quite a bit. As of yesterday Im like 6'5 200lbs.

mjf
07-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Theres numbers posted somewhere already... Not anywhere near what it can be with batteries that are all messed up and cant take a charge.

Thanks on the compliments... Lost quite a bit. As of yesterday Im like 6'5 200lbs.

kinda defeats the purpose when you just cant post them like a normal person

instead of saying they're somewhere, how about just saying what they are

you've been so vague and never giving a direct answer regarding alot of things, and its rather annoying when you're trying to find a simple answer

galacticmonkey
07-20-2008, 03:58 PM
kinda defeats the purpose when you just cant post them like a normal person

instead of saying they're somewhere, how about just saying what they are

you've been so vague and never giving a direct answer regarding alot of things, and its rather annoying when you're trying to find a simple answer

Take a Midol and chill.

It does like a high 156/157 as it sits legal, with all my battery and voltage problems. Not really woried about how it meters right now, as its nowhere near being at the top of its game.

mjf
07-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Take a Midol and chill.

It does like a high 156/157 as it sits legal, with all my battery and voltage problems. Not really woried about how it meters right now, as its nowhere near being at the top of its game.

and that was so hard:rolleyes:

im interested to see whats gonna happen with more power

tommyk90
07-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Take a Midol and chill.

Leave the charger on them whenever you can. :fyi:

That will keep them at full capacity all the time and will raise the float voltage. I charged my 2 yellowtops for 2 weeks straight before MECA finals and had them sitting around 13.7.

Not a bad score all things considered, though I would have messed around with the loading wall before you made it all nice to try and raise that score up. :) 159.9 bassracer would be sick.

galacticmonkey
07-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Yep, been leaving them on a slow charge around the clock. Its just they were sitting so long they wont even take a charge above 13v. Im workin on it though, just doin a slow, deep charge tryin to nurse them back to where they should be.

Im sure we could get it to meter better if we played with the port, but I dont wanna change it... It sounds great on music. No matter how it meters, this is my daily driver, so Its gotta sound decent on music. It plays everything, from the lows to the highs, and it does it quite loud, so Im happy.

Skip01
07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
So are you gonna compete with it regularly or whatever happens?

galacticmonkey
07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah, Ill start competing when its ready to compete.

galacticmonkey
07-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Shot a quick video earlier... Camera died in middle of video. Not up really, not even turned up enough to skip the CD player. Since I cant hold the CD player in my hand, change the volume, and shoot the video at the same time, this will have to do for now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hSFcW1ZsGr0

Skip01
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
hahahaha, thats the one of stupidiest things i ever seen

No lie.....im sold, good stuff

Guesstimate what number it was doing there?

jbizzle
07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
nice

528hz
07-23-2008, 09:28 PM
:handclap: :handclap: :wowflash: :eek: :eek:

God I want to sit in that thing!! Love it!

galacticmonkey
07-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Woo I finally got tint! Does that make me more baller? :confused:

528hz
07-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Sort of.

galacticmonkey
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I got nice little rip starting on the passanger side outer door skin. :verymad:

Techchild
07-25-2008, 05:11 PM
I got nice little rip starting on the passanger side outer door skin. :verymad:

Pictures and I want to hear this.

galacticmonkey
07-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Ill take a picture of it later tonight if I can get my camera to work.

2000LaDe
07-25-2008, 05:19 PM
ygpm

galacticmonkey
07-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Gotcha. I just found something that was rattling really bad in my passanger door. The window guide was sitting in the bottom of my door pannel. :(

jeremiah
07-26-2008, 11:49 AM
what's the loudest SB car?/van/whatever

tommyk90
07-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Gotcha. I just found something that was rattling really bad in my passanger door. The window guide was sitting in the bottom of my door pannel. :(

So, you bought a new vehicle just to destroy it?

Seems logical. :rolleyes:

I mean, the install and van is cool and all, but you could have bought a used van for probably 1/3 of the cost of a new one and kept your expedition for daily/nice driving. That way if you destroy the living hell out of the van, like you are, at least you still have a decent vehicle to drive around.

But that's just imo.

galacticmonkey
07-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Didnt buy the van brand new. Its used. I got rid of the Expo because it was actually a nice car and I knew stuff would break with a bigger system.

So I got a used van and tossed it all in there.

JL Audio
07-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Didnt buy the van brand new. Its used. I got rid of the Expo because it was actually a nice car and I knew stuff would break with a bigger system.

there is a 2001 express near me going for 4500 so they aren't too much in cost used, I was really surprised at that.. not too bad on the pocket at all.

tommyk90
07-26-2008, 08:25 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what did the van cost?

Oh, and when I said for you to keep the expo, it was under the impression that it would remain relatively stock. :)

You have the big van for a ridiculous stereo, the expo didn't need anything.

galacticmonkey
07-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Van was $16k. They gave us a good deal on my Expo and a real nice warranty on the van. Its an 06 2500 with vinyl seats and the 4.8L... 35,000 miles on it, runs great. Was in awesome condition when I got it. Actually a real good deal compared to prices of other similar vans around here.

tommyk90
07-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Van was $16k. They gave us a good deal on my Expo and a real nice warranty on the van. Its an 06 2500 with vinyl seats and the 4.8L... 35,000 miles on it, runs great. Was in awesome condition when I got it. Actually a real good deal compared to prices of other similar vans around here.

Not bad at all for the condition and mileage.

Too bad you are already breaking stuff. :crap:

morgans432
07-26-2008, 09:08 PM
does the warranty cover broken windshields and the abuse of bass?

galacticmonkey
07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah has a 75k powertrain warranty, and 100k bumper to bumper. I was driving today in the rain... Doors closed and windows shut....

And I was getting wet. :(

Jeremy M
07-26-2008, 10:54 PM
perhaps think about gettin a DD....some sorta beater like a metro?

JEXTEL
07-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah has a 75k powertrain warranty, and 100k bumper to bumper. I was driving today in the rain... Doors closed and windows shut....

And I was getting wet. :(

im loss

Brian Owens
07-26-2008, 11:19 PM

Try Lil Jon "What U Gon Do Ft Lil Scrappy" from Crunk Juice. Crazy song with bass around 40 Hz.

Marshall told me about it last year. My number one demo song in the suburban which peaked just below 40 Hz.

ascendantsubs1
07-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Holy Moley Flex