PDA

View Full Version : 4th order for a single 8" help

cheeto
06-14-2008, 03:34 AM
Alright. So I had my sd2.515 and LOVED it, but I got into a car crash and had to sell it, cuz I'm a retard and whatnot. So now I wanna go back to another AQ woofer and don't wanna break the bank. I've been looking at a single 8" for awhile for 2 reasons - a. price and b. to show people up with a single 8"

I'm sure I can get this thing to get pretty loud in a 4th order... not tuned for pure SPL. The questions I have are this -

do I combine the space the sub would use sealed with the size it would use ported, and basically slap one on each end?

Is tuning different for a bandpass box? like, would 40 hz tuning in a ported box be different for a bandpass for some reason? I read that somewhere but I think the dude was bein a ****.

When I build the box... how am I supposed to seal the inside if there's not really any hole to stick my finger in (no homo) to get the silicone in there? Just put on the outer piece by the port and seal it by sticking my hand in the port with the silicone? I just answered my own question.

The last question - with a bandpass, is there any really easy way to get to the sub without unscrewing and using a crowbar to the baffle off?

I know thats a lot of crap but I couldn't really find info on it. If anyone's done this before or has a design, your help would be much appreciated. Thanks

BrianChia
06-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Don't attach the baffle permanently. Put some braces on the inside to screw the baffle against, get some T-nuts, and use rope caulk to seal it up.

cheeto
06-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Don't attach the baffle permanently. Put some braces on the inside to screw the baffle against, get some T-nuts, and use rope caulk to seal it up.

Oh alright, that does make sense, thanks a lot man.

cheeto

Oh alright, that does make sense, thanks a lot man.

cheeto
my bad, psp triple posted

Hintzyboy
06-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Just PM 80 Inches. He's our resident bandpass guru. I'm sure he could help you out.