PDA

View Full Version : Why is it when you ask for people's maximum dimensions

PV Audio
06-11-2008, 10:41 AM
They tell you a x b x c, but you can go up to 8" more on c? I understand if you want some space left, but those aren't your maximum dimensions? :D

SPY
06-11-2008, 11:01 AM
lol, I hear ya...

I want 10 ft^3 tuned to 35hz, I have 30x20x12 to work with.

I like that one too :mad:

dcole18
06-11-2008, 11:10 AM
lol... i get the same thing all the time, im currently working with a guy that wants a box for element, when i asked him for his max dimensions he gave me a picture of his rear hatch
:(

Mr. Opportunist
06-11-2008, 11:11 AM
lol... i get the same thing all the time, im currently working with a guy that wants a box for element, when i asked him for his max dimensions he gave me a picture of his rear hatch
:laugh: FAiL.

darkhunter139
06-11-2008, 11:12 AM

lmao

snb778
06-11-2008, 11:14 AM
cause my max dimensions won't fit throught the trunk opening if I gave them.... would get caught up on the sub baffle if I gave MAX dims.

dcole18
06-11-2008, 11:16 AM
cause my max dimensions won't fit throught the trunk opening if I gave them.... would get caught up on the sub baffle if I gave MAX dims.

thats different

:laugh: FAiL.

funny to you, ive still gotta figure out the max deminsions of a honda element :mad:

JL Audio
06-11-2008, 11:18 AM
thats different

funny to you, ive still gotta figure out the max deminsions of a honda element :mad:

i'd build a box to fit inside the hatch on the picture and hand it to him, when he says wtf is that i'd jut hold it up to the picture and say " now you be bangin "

dcole18
06-11-2008, 11:21 AM
i'd build a box to fit inside the hatch on the picture and hand it to him, when he says wtf is that i'd jut hold it up to the picture and say " now you be bangin "

that would be teh funnies

Mr Cabinetry
06-11-2008, 11:51 AM
They tell you a x b x c, but you can go up to 8" more on c? I understand if you want some space left, but those aren't your maximum dimensions? :D

Sort of the same thing I got the other day, say's the max dims are 14 something cubic feet of trunk space.

Ummm, ok, 14 cubic feet - sand, wet cement or ping pong balls??? WTF!!!!

PV Audio
06-11-2008, 11:51 AM
:(:laugh::laugh: OWNT!

PV Audio
06-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Sort of the same thing I got the other day, say's the max dims are 14 something cubic feet of trunk space.

Ummm, ok, 14 cubic feet - sand, wet cement or ping pong balls??? WTF!!!!:laugh:

Mr Cabinetry
06-11-2008, 11:54 AM

Now that would be some funny *****, but, it would be what it is, can't fault ya for that.

PV Audio
06-11-2008, 11:54 AM
cause my max dimensions won't fit throught the trunk opening if I gave them.... would get caught up on the sub baffle if I gave MAX dims.No no, that's fair game. What I'm talking about is the people (usually hatch or SUV owners) who gives you the maximum dimensions they can work with then, they either tell you up front or when you say that it won't fit, they say you can use more space than they originally told you. Just tell me that **** up front :mad:

Mr Cabinetry
06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
No no, that's fair game. What I'm talking about is the people (usually hatch or SUV owners) who gives you the maximum dimensions they can work with then, they either tell you up front or when you say that it won't fit, they say you can use more space than they originally told you. Just tell me that **** up front :mad:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly, I tell people requesting a enclosure quote that all the time. You " the customer, are doing all this measuring " and when your told up front to check that to what your trunk opening or whatever will or will not allow for it to fit based on the final enclosure designed size.

Just because we ask for " Max Dimensions " doesn't mean we're going to use them, but we have to know what we have to work with to fit the enclosure per the spec's you want.

I went thru that nonsense twice with customers and each time they " FAILED " to do that one simple azz thing. AIN'T MY FAULT!!!!

J31Rob
06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
z0mg LAWLSZZZ!!

PV Audio
06-11-2008, 12:11 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly, I tell people requesting a enclosure quote that all the time. You " the customer, are doing all this measuring " and when your told up front to check that to what your trunk opening or whatever will or will not allow for it to fit based on the final enclosure designed size.

Just because we ask for " Max Dimensions " doesn't mean we're going to use them, but we have to know what we have to work with to fit the enclosure per the spec's you want.

I went thru that nonsense twice with customers and each time they " FAILED " to do that one simple azz thing. AIN'T MY FAULT!!!!:laugh: Last month I'd stopped doing car audio designs, but a good friend of mine who's got one of my boxes told his little bro to get one from me too. So naturally, I said wte, and told him to measure his trunk. He said his max dims were 20 wide, 20 deep and 18 tall. I was like :wow: the **** kinda car you got? He said it's a 98 grand cherokee. Again, more :wow:. I told him to send me a pic of the trunk cause I couldn't believe it, and sure enough, the dumb**** measured the trunk with all his books, schoolbag and lacrosse bag still in the back. I was like wtf, will that **** be in there with the sub? He's like naw, I just forgot to remove it when I measured. :mad:

Mr. Opportunist
06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
:laugh: Last month I'd stopped doing car audio designs, but a good friend of mine who's got one of my boxes told his little bro to get one from me too. So naturally, I said wte, and told him to measure his trunk. He said his max dims were 20 wide, 20 deep and 18 tall. I was like :wow: the **** kinda car you got? He said it's a 98 grand cherokee. Again, more :wow:. I told him to send me a pic of the trunk cause I couldn't believe it, and sure enough, the dumb**** measured the trunk with all his books, schoolbag and lacrosse bag still in the back. I was like wtf, will that **** be in there with the sub? He's like naw, I just forgot to remove it when I measured. :mad:
I lol'd. :laugh:

Mr Cabinetry
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM
:laugh: Last month I'd stopped doing car audio designs, but a good friend of mine who's got one of my boxes told his little bro to get one from me too. So naturally, I said wte, and told him to measure his trunk. He said his max dims were 20 wide, 20 deep and 18 tall. I was like :wow: the **** kinda car you got? He said it's a 98 grand cherokee. Again, more :wow:. I told him to send me a pic of the trunk cause I couldn't believe it, and sure enough, the dumb**** measured the trunk with all his books, schoolbag and lacrosse bag still in the back. I was like wtf, will that **** be in there with the sub? He's like naw, I just forgot to remove it when I measured. :mad:

Ahhhh Man, that's just too f*ukin funny, but, it goes to the point of the topic.

But, I'm sure given some of the max dims of car/trucks/whatever I have received in the past I would not be surprised in the slightest bit if they did the same d@mn thing.

Honestly, I think this thread should be sticky just for the shear enjoyment factor so it can be used in the future.:banghead:

DDSC
06-11-2008, 12:50 PM
see Im havin problems trying to figure out how Im going to get 5 cubes in my trunk without glassing it, getting 2.5 in there meant I had to drop the box straight down through the opening *** end first and then rotate it. It was a tight fit to get through the opening but once its in there, theres so much more extra space it pisses you off. The best box I ever made ended up not fitting in there after I spent all **** day working in the heat on the thing and it was only 3 or4 cubes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR5YfFLxkIE
and those were only 12's how am i supposed to get a 18 in there

the other box that barely fit is in the immortal vid

mokedaddy
06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Why is it that you are surprised that we dont have the smartest members here? :)