PDA

View Full Version : Good Exhaust For my 99 Acura Integra

SethPhillips
06-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Looking to get a nice exhaust system for my Acura Integra..
it's a 1.8L L4 PFI DOHC 16V

i dont want anything loud and anoying.. just want it to have a nice sound and gain some HP out of it..

want a full system Heder, and back system
trying not to spend more then 600 for the whole set up..

i was thinking Skunk2
what else is out there?

Supergumby5000
06-09-2008, 04:45 PM
i have absolutely no knowledge about exhaust systems for integras, but you do have a PM regarding being a stinger dealer ;)

mazzasec
06-09-2008, 04:45 PM
get a cool fat pipe!

Scoobydoo
06-09-2008, 04:47 PM
i'm pretty sure there are about a bazillion honda/acura forums that can help you rice out your car

SethPhillips
06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
i have absolutely no knowledge about exhaust systems for integras, but you do have a PM regarding being a stinger dealer ;)
well allrighty then!

get a cool fat pipe!
umm no coffe can exhast's for me... unless it's a good one

i'm pretty sure there are about a bazillion honda/acura forums that can help you rice out your car

yes rice for the win...

you guys are so helpfull.. there is so mutch info you guys just gave me i dunno what to do with myself!!!

Lingerfelt
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/20raftl.jpg

SethPhillips
06-09-2008, 04:53 PM
^ cant see what you posted..

i want to get the largest diameter pipeing i could get. ect

Idealrealist
06-09-2008, 04:57 PM
^ cant see what you posted..

i want to get the largest diameter pipeing i could get. ect

2.25 would be plenty.

crunktimes.com
06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
You are probably not going to gain any real HP out of switching out the exhaust, I believe most of the idiots driving around get the loud ones so they 'look' fast.

I have never heard a skunk2 but the big name ones I have heard such as greddy, remus and pacesetter have all been pretty loud compared to stock.

Scoobydoo
06-09-2008, 05:07 PM
yes rice for the win...

you guys are so helpfull.. there is so mutch info you guys just gave me i dunno what to do with myself!!!

there isn't any info to give. you wanna spend $600 on something that will get you maybe extra 2hp and maybe 2mpg extra

doesn't make sense other than you want to be a follower and rice out your car

your best bet is to just get a header and then unbolt the muffler(if it is like my del sol was, it unbolts in the passenger wheel well) and take it off. you will get the same gains and save money

SethPhillips
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
You are probably not going to gain any real HP out of switching out the exhaust, I believe most of the idiots driving around get the loud ones so they 'look' fast.

I have never heard a skunk2 but the big name ones I have heard such as greddy, remus and pacesetter have all been pretty loud compared to stock.
yea Skunk 2 makes some nice stuff..
right now i have a dynomax cat back system. but it's pretty rusty and im thinking it may fall off sometime soon

there isn't any info to give. you wanna spend $600 on something that will get you maybe extra 2hp and maybe 2mpg extra

doesn't make sense other than you want to be a follower and rice out your car

your best bet is to just get a header and then unbolt the muffler(if it is like my del sol was, it unbolts in the passenger wheel well) and take it off. you will get the same gains and save money

2 extra miles per gallon is good enough for me..

so ur saying if i didnt have an acura and wanted an exhaust for my say 91 gmc sonoma i would be a fallower...

is ur life that bad you gotta hate on other people.. ****in looser..

davidfre21
06-09-2008, 05:41 PM
i say by a head/down pipe and then have a muffler shop do the rest of ur piping and try like a flowmaster or something. Then just a classy tip comin out the back.

azbass
06-09-2008, 05:43 PM
when I wanted to look for a nice catback for my VW, I went to a VW forum. While at this VW forum I found some nice systems that other people were running, I found pictures and prices and reviews. it was so cool! I also got a code for a discount for some exhaust systems!

yeah car audio.com is not going to help.

SethPhillips
06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
i say by a head/down pipe and then have a muffler shop do the rest of ur piping and try like a flowmaster or something. Then just a classy tip comin out the back.

i was thinking that allso.. but the proplem is. the tip is my muffler.. so i dont want to buy something that just looks good.. i could care if it looked factory..

the fact of the mater is i need a new exhaust system. im not getting a new exahust to become a "ricer" just want a nice exhaust, so why not get a good one..

the reson why im looking at getting a full system is because they are tuned for my vehicle...

SethPhillips
06-09-2008, 05:47 PM
when I wanted to look for a nice catback for my VW, I went to a VW forum. While at this VW forum I found some nice systems that other people were running, I found pictures and prices and reviews. it was so cool! I also got a code for a discount for some exhaust systems!

yeah car audio.com is not going to help.

yes i know this. but im at work and my work comp only allows me to view sites that are on my favorit's list...

i am part of a acura forum, but i have no idea how to post ect.. not only that i cant view it here t work..
thanks azbass

brtnboarder3241
06-09-2008, 05:47 PM
i like your car??? :fyi:

SethPhillips
06-09-2008, 05:49 PM
i like your car??? :fyi:

thank you.. didnt plan on buying a "ricer" but i got a good deal on it and it has grown on me.

exhaust, new wheel's, and tinting the front windshield is all the more i have planned for it.

davidfre21
06-09-2008, 05:51 PM
the exhaust isnt gonna do much for ur ride. But like i was saying, by having an exhaust shop do ur piping u can usual whatever muffle u want, if doesnt have to be ur tip. They can weld the muffler anywhere in the exhaust line and then exit the tip anywhere u want them to... giving u more options. Doin this with give u whatever performance gain u think it might, but also not give it that ricer look with the big can hanging under ur back bumper. Id reconmend a tip like the one on my TA, which is 2 stainless 2.5" tips side by side.

davidfre21
06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
also u did a crappy job on ur lights... rest of the ride looks cool though. You need some black halos for the front

azbass
06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
ah get this one!

https://www.upscaleautomotive.com/p-12348-megan-racing-drift-spec-catback-exhaust-for-94-99-acura-integra-gslsrs-2dr.aspx

drifters use it!

megan is pretty good.

DemonaL
06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
greddy

SethPhillips
06-09-2008, 06:18 PM
im gunna go take a gander at online stores.. thanks for the info guys.

jsilva
06-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Vibrant makes great mufflers that are deep and dont look/sound rice. For a header try either a rage/hytech copy from ebay or an itr replica. Both will make decent power and sound good. Dont listen to all these guys there jealous they cant buy a header and exhaust and gain 10+whp and a couple mpgs for 5-600 bucks.

jsilva
06-14-2008, 02:49 PM
www.honda-tech.com , www.hondamarketplace.com

thaster
06-14-2008, 02:53 PM
team-integra.net (http://www.team-integra.net) FTW

dbaudio
06-14-2008, 05:16 PM
A Mugen twin-loop would be perfect for your DC2. Even better if you can afford the cat-back instead of just the axle-back. Unfortunately, the whole system (used) would cost $600 alone.

Definitely worth the investment, you can sell it for what you paid for it if you decide you don't want it anymore.

They're quiet and JASMA certified (less than 104dB). Yet they put out great mellow sounds.

Earthman
06-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Buddy club sounds the best and doesnt have that tin can sound. 400 dollar range for the system. I highly recomend it

lrc131
06-14-2008, 09:21 PM
team-integra.net (http://www.team-integra.net) FTW

X2

davidfre21
06-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Vibrant makes great mufflers that are deep and dont look/sound rice. For a header try either a rage/hytech copy from ebay or an itr replica. Both will make decent power and sound good. Dont listen to all these guys there jealous they cant buy a header and exhaust and gain 10+whp and a couple mpgs for 5-600 bucks.

id gain 30-50hp with these simple mods, its not jelousy... More so spending 600 for so little is kinda discouraging.

dropped_mazda
06-15-2008, 12:12 PM
try 5zigen i used to run them they are on the spendy side but you will notice the difference and great clean sound

Ferendon
06-21-2008, 11:32 PM
well allrighty then!

umm no coffe can exhast's for me... unless it's a good one

yes rice for the win...

You should trust your car to a professional mechanic, and leave it stock. You're borderline retarded, so you only stand to hurt yourself (we can hope), or others (that's bad).

You've never heard of Skunk2 (Good stuff), but you've heard of Remus (****), and pacesetter (Even shittier)?

InhumanAcura
06-21-2008, 11:55 PM
i had a hytech header and a greddy evo on my cr/vtec'd teg..

If i could do it again, id put a custom 3" set-up together. You'll get a much better gain from a header than an exhaust in my experience

InhumanAcura
06-21-2008, 11:56 PM
You've never heard of Skunk2 (Good stuff), but you've heard of Remus (****), and pacesetter (Even shittier)?

I wouldnt say pacesetter is ******..the headers they make for ls (chevy ls) motors make good power.

bucac_tau
06-22-2008, 04:13 PM
I had a Greddy on my '97 RS and loved it. I was running a DC stainless header, AEM intake, MSD ignition and was getting improved mileage and ponies to the wheel. This was all before a motor swap and turbo.

pickup1
06-22-2008, 04:19 PM
I had a Greddy on my '97 RS and loved it. I was running a DC stainless header, AEM intake, MSD ignition and was getting improved mileage and ponies to the wheel. This was all before a motor swap and turbo.

X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

greddy makes an awsome exhaust,and very well built!

528hz
06-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Thermal R&D/thread.

InhumanAcura
06-22-2008, 07:40 PM
X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

greddy makes an awsome exhaust,and very well built!

but its not even 2.5"s...and running a dc sports header (2.5" collector) youre actually losing power...and i seriously doubt gas effeciency went up

Thermal R&D/thread.

agreed..or a custom set-up

Fusion_FREAK
06-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Get a header, cat delete pipe (test pipe) and intake.

Sounds really mean, but not ricer.

SethPhillips
06-25-2008, 11:21 AM
A Mugen twin-loop would be perfect for your DC2. Even better if you can afford the cat-back instead of just the axle-back. Unfortunately, the whole system (used) would cost $600 alone.

Definitely worth the investment, you can sell it for what you paid for it if you decide you don't want it anymore.

They're quiet and JASMA certified (less than 104dB). Yet they put out great mellow sounds.
there is a guy saleing a BNIB Mugan twin loop muffler only. for like 100.00 but it's a 3'' inlet :crap:

You should trust your car to a professional mechanic, and leave it stock. You're borderline retarded, so you only stand to hurt yourself (we can hope), or others (that's bad).

who the **** are you?.... i went to school for small engine work, power equipment, and was a certified ASE mechanic.. i know allot about motor's then you think.
im just not " hip " to what's out there anymore with imports

Get a header, cat delete pipe (test pipe) and intake.

Sounds really mean, but not ricer.
that's the kind of set up i plan on getting. i allreadu have a Injen cold air intake.
id like to do heder, test pipe, and i nice sleek muffler at the rear.

Fusion_FREAK
06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
My whole exhaust is stock, besides the header and test pipe. IMO you don't need it. I've searched high and low for a muffler that doesn't sound like ****, there just isn't one out there for a 4 banger.

InhumanAcura
06-27-2008, 02:46 PM
test pipes are ghey...sound like ****, lose torque and not worth getting caught. if you buy a decent header, it will extend long enough to delete the cat anyway.

Fusion_FREAK
06-28-2008, 02:51 AM
They only sound like **** if you have a **** coffe can exhaust. And a one piece header is a *****. For shipping, and installing.

InhumanAcura
06-29-2008, 04:06 PM
They only sound like **** if you have a **** coffe can exhaust. And a one piece header is a *****. For shipping, and installing.

um, first off my hy-tech header and most if not all cat-deleting headers are not 1 piece..my hy-tech was packaged more compact than the dc 4-1 header i had previously, actually. Second, installing the collector straight to the cat-backs flange is not in any way difficult..im assuming youve never really had any hands on experience.

id hardly consider a borla exhaust with long tubes to be a coffee can exhaust. If you like a really raspy smelly car...test pipes rule.

mazdakid
06-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Thermal r&d isnt too loud on my 4 banger

RedlineAccord
06-29-2008, 05:10 PM
test pipes are ghey...sound like ****, lose torque and not worth getting caught. if you buy a decent header, it will extend long enough to delete the cat anyway.

From what I've seen on the dyno charts from my car, our clubs Honda S2000, and Civic Si, the test pipe/cat delete surprisingly gains a decent amount of horsepower (anywhere from 10-15 to the wheels, believe it or not, and I have the charts to prove it) and don't lose/change the torque much. My craptastic accord from a header (which doesnt do jack) and the test pipe went from 124 whp to 139. The s2k went from 195 to 210. I do agree though, I don't like how it sounds.

Fusion_FREAK
06-29-2008, 06:24 PM
I noticed horse power and torque gains from mine too. My header probably didn't do much, but I'm happy with the outcome from the testpipe. That's a $100 eBay head/test pipe too. Welds were pretty nice and strong, and I haven't had a problem with it yet.

I like how mine sounds, doesn't sound like a stupid coffee can muffler, but it has a nice tune, especially when it goes into vtec.

Fusion_FREAK
06-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh, and my car doesn't smell one bit from the test pipe, just a little excess smoke when at full throtle while changing gears.

InhumanAcura
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
From what I've seen on the dyno charts from my car, our clubs Honda S2000, and Civic Si, the test pipe/cat delete surprisingly gains a decent amount of horsepower (anywhere from 10-15 to the wheels, believe it or not, and I have the charts to prove it) and don't lose/change the torque much. My craptastic accord from a header (which doesnt do jack) and the test pipe went from 124 whp to 139. The s2k went from 195 to 210. I do agree though, I don't like how it sounds.

i highly doubt that...id like to see those graphs :)

RedlineAccord
06-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I'll try to find my old one, I have the new one but obviously that doesn't prove much. Or maybe my buddy with the s2k has his old graphs loaded onto his comp. He is big on s2ki.com so I'm sure he has posted them there.