PDA

View Full Version : 9887, the right choice?

xdeadpixel
06-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi yall. Mike here. Just found this site, and you guys seem pretty good with audio. I recently just upgraded my system to 2 JL 12w3's in a JL prowedge box. I also just bought a JL 500/1 amp to power em. Still don't got a 4 chan amp tho. Unfortunately, my face plate got stolen cuz my roommate left my door unlocked..bah. Anyway, I've got $300 to spend on a head unit, and I want to get good ****. For the last 3 months, I've wanted the 9887, but a few people are saying pioneer or kenwood. I'm not sure. So, let me describe what I'm looking for, and hopefully I can get some good advice please. :)

I'm looking for something that works good with the JL's. I'm sure almost everything does, but just in case :P. Also, I'm going for more of a SQ setup, I want to pound them JL's hard as hell, but I want to sound crisp and clear. I want the head unit to make my highs sound very crisp, as well as my subs. The bigger EQ the better! I don't need any type of radio or bluetooth. It just needs to be able to play CD's (and mp3's i guess) at the best quality. I don't have a 4 chan amp, so it should have some decent power to my speakers.

I want to use as much of the $300 as possible, but get the most out of that $300 as possible. And I'm talking $300 AFTER shipping (ebay prices, or whatever is cheaper). I'm also willing to go up to $350, but ONLY if that extra $50 is worth the bump. I really hope it's not too much to ask you folks, but I've been burned TWICE before.

Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate the help! :)

xdeadpixel
06-09-2008, 03:17 PM
sorry wrong forum..delete this i'm reposting in the other forum :)