PDA

View Full Version : Questions on my build!

NissanKicker
06-09-2008, 04:59 AM
What do you think about:
(8) 12" Kicker Comps Sealed

or

10) 12" Kicker Comps Sealed

I'm goin' to be putting this is my '99 Nissan Sentra GXE ....
... The questions are:

1) Should I common chamber all?
2) If so, why?
3) Chamber?
4) if so, how many in each chamber?

The dimensions of the box is similiar to the SuperBass Ported ProBox for (2) 12" L7s ( 40w x 25d x 14h ) - I can slightly modify...

* NOTE!!!
This is my " Hood Beat " build!
... Looking to get alot of trunk action, and possibly some good pressure as well. ( 142db + ) - Not really lookin' to compete with this one.

Witty690
06-09-2008, 06:46 AM
:rolleyes:

mlstrass
06-09-2008, 09:23 AM
1-2 GOOD subs will do the trick.....

NissanKicker
06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I have 2 great subs.
... I need a mass quantity. ( Higher than 4 - Already had that )

PV Audio
06-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Obviously you didn't if you think you need 8 or 10 12's in a trunk car. Try 1 good 12" like a HDC12 or RL-P 12 and get back to us. People are hitting in the 140s easily with single 12s, so shooting for low 140s with 8 or 10 12s is pretty ****in stupid.

NissanKicker
06-09-2008, 08:56 PM
You must be illiterate or something...
... I'm hitting 145.6db on a Termlab with 2 12s... I know what 1 or 2 12s can do... I know what 4 12s can do... I was very impressed! But apparently you aren't gettin' what goin' on here.

As I stated...
" This is my HOOD BEAT build "... If you aren't familiar with expression " Hood Beat "... It's nothing but alot of rattling & annoying *** noise coming from the trunk!
... I've had everything from 1 to 4 12s at a time in my trunk... I'm just lookin' to fill up my trunk with subs. Not just 1 or 2 subs and all BOX!

... Since this is a sealed setup, It's goin' to have tight, hard, controlled ( hopefully not controlled ) bass. I'm lookin' for a real NASTY sounding bass that'll be complimented with a real NASTY sounding trunk.

(8) 12s = 96 inches of CONE MOVEMENT!! Which should give me a decent amount of pressure. since it's a sealed enclosure, I don't have to worry about havin' room for the air to circulate.
... I'm not lookin' for PRESSURE! I'm lookin' for ridiculous trunk action. This box allows little to no air flow into the cab... That's why I'm not shooting HIGH in pressure.

I'VE DECIDED TO GO WITH (8) 12" Kicker Comps

I'll have the pictures of the build when I start on it. ( Complete in detail )

bryce-man
06-09-2008, 09:45 PM
(8) 12s = 96 inches of CONE MOVEMENT!!
... lol :/

PV Audio
06-09-2008, 09:56 PM
(8) 12s = 96 inches of CONE MOVEMENT!!
... lol :/Yeah, it's clear that he's too challenged to see that he's off by a factor of nearly 9.5x.

PV Audio
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
So let me get this straight: the purpose of this setup is just to have it sound like ****? Are you ****ing kidding me, or are you actually that worthless at life?

BrianChia
06-09-2008, 10:23 PM
More than 2 or 3 12's in a Nissan Sentra trunk and it is only going to go downhill from there. If you want it to sound nasty intentionally then I wouldn't even bother building a box for it.

NissanKicker
06-10-2008, 02:15 AM
What's so down hill about it...?

" So let me get this straight: the purpose of this setup is just to have it sound like ****? Are you ****ing kidding me, or are you actually that worthless at life? "

That's a hood beat setup up for you...
... And as far as worthless @ life... I'm very successful.

There's a lil' get-to-gether called " Trunk wars "... So that's what it's for...

mlstrass
06-10-2008, 09:22 AM
loosen all the mounting screws in your trunk, it'll rattle....

otherwise your 145 set up should do the trick. And what's the point of tight/controlled bass if you can't hear it over all your **** rattling????

trunk wars sounds like a comp for guys who can't make their subs loud, so they focus on rattles LOL

PV Audio
06-10-2008, 12:05 PM
What's so down hill about it...?

" So let me get this straight: the purpose of this setup is just to have it sound like ****? Are you ****ing kidding me, or are you actually that worthless at life? "

That's a hood beat setup up for you...
... And as far as worthless @ life... I'm very successful.

There's a lil' get-to-gether called " Trunk wars "... So that's what it's for...Son, this is basic physics. If you're creating enough pressure to meter 145.6 in the cabin, adding 6 more speakers won't somehow just keep that bass in the trunk. Undeaden your trunk, loosen everything you can, and you should be good to go. Good to go as in I guess sounding like anus is a good thing, but to each his own.

I also didn't realize that very successful people in life go to "trunk wars" competitions to see who has the shittiest sounding setup :laugh:

NissanKicker
06-11-2008, 02:16 AM
I guess you won't call it " Successful downtime... " I don't know.
... Yeah, I could undeaden my trunk & unscrew, well loosen, everything... But I figured why not keep all that intacted, and just add more subs sealed.

.... And also I wanted that reaction:
" **** dude... What you got in there? "
... " (8) 12s... "
" WHAT!... Hell naw " <--- That's it! :D

PV Audio
06-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I guess you won't call it " Successful downtime... " I don't know.
... Yeah, I could undeaden my trunk & unscrew, well loosen, everything... But I figured why not keep all that intacted, and just add more subs sealed.

.... And also I wanted that reaction:
" **** dude... What you got in there? "
... " (8) 12s... "
" WHAT!... Hell naw " <--- That's it! :DPersonally, I prefer the "**** dude...What you got in there?"
"1 12"
"The ****? Bulls-How the ****?"

That's always more of a crowd pleaser ;)

NissanKicker
06-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Lol... Yeah you right! it's either:

" 1 12... What take hell kinda 12 you got? "
or
" How the hell'd you put 8 12s in that small *** car? "

Both are great...

PV Audio - Could you respond to me other thread " Enclosure Question "