PDA

View Full Version : what kinda box?

sw1ft
05-27-2003, 10:46 PM
what kind of box do you reccomend for the loudest, clearest booming rap bass in a 2003 ford escape (small suv) with open-air trunk? ported or sealed? what are the characteristics of each? or another kind? thanks a lot.

fantomas
05-28-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by sw1ft
what kind of box do you reccomend for the loudest, clearest booming rap bass in a 2003 ford escape (small suv) with open-air trunk? ported or sealed? what are the characteristics of each? or another kind? thanks a lot.

well...your basic choices are sealed, ported, or bandpass. here at caraudio.com, we recomend ported or sealed. if you're building the box and have never built a box before...i would go with sealed. they're relatively easy to build if you have basic woodworking skills. ported boxes need to be pretty accurate in the tuning of the port. sealed boxes provide for sound quality (SQ) applications and ported boxes are generally louder and sometimes lack in the SQ department and are therefor used for sound pressure level (SPL). from my knowledge of ported boxes (ive never built one) the lower you tune it, the better the SQ is, but its not going to be as loud as if you tuned it to a higher frequency.

evo2k3
05-28-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by sw1ft

god ****it.....SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:

dave_3148
05-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by evo2k3
god ****it.....SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:

chill man, newbies dont know to search. i would go with sealed or ported