PDA

View Full Version : got my es-6's today now i havva ?

spike_e
06-07-2008, 08:07 PM
the papers give recomendations for a sealed and ported box. should i not run these IB? i plan to just put them in my doors.

spike_e
06-07-2008, 08:27 PM
up

pyfocal
06-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Do you have ES6 or ES-06.Either one will work fine in the doors.It will be much better if you seal and deaden your doors.The ES-06 has a stiffer cone and a lot more x-max so it has a mellower midrange but better midbass.I have both but I can't decide which one I like better-I should probably use the 06 for midbass and the ES6 for midrange.Where did you get them,how much ?

spike_e
06-07-2008, 09:01 PM
i bought them from cdt. got a good deal on em". i dont really know what series.

pyfocal
06-07-2008, 09:09 PM
The ES6 will be yellow or orange frame with a bubble dust cap.The ES06 will have a flat to slightly inverted dust cap probably will say ES in it.I got to leave now -wife's waiting to going shopping I'll be back later.

spike_e
06-08-2008, 01:11 AM
i got es-6's

helotaxi
06-08-2008, 05:14 AM
ES-6s will be fine IB mounted. Seal and deaden the door for best results in IB. If you can build a small sealed pod for them you can get slightly better power handling. I replaced my older ES-6s with ES-06+s with great results. I did have sealed pods for both.

exige
06-08-2008, 03:59 PM
i bought them from cdt. got a good deal on em". i dont really know what series.

You didn't buy them from CDT ;) You bought them from me. Considering the deal that you got on them (a ridiculous one I might say)...credit must go where it's due lol.

You have ES-6's which will perform fine in an IB install. As always, thoroughly deadening your doors is recommended. CDT simply puts the ported and sealed recommendations on their spec sheets in case the user would want to run them that way.

Your receipt is on its way shortly :) Check your email.

spike_e
06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
You didn't buy them from CDT ;) You bought them from me. Considering the deal that you got on them (a ridiculous one I might say)...credit must go where it's due lol.

You have ES-6's which will perform fine in an IB install. As always, thoroughly deadening your doors is recommended. CDT simply puts the ported and sealed recommendations on their spec sheets in case the user would want to run them that way.

Your receipt is on its way shortly :) Check your email.

sorry didnt mean to take credit away. i simplty ment they were brand new. installed them about 20mins ago and they sound great.